Titanium Flat Irons

lilikoi

Anyone here use titanium flat irons? I'm looking at the Babyliss Pro Titanium Nano and was curious how that compares to ceramic or tourmaline.

Here's a link to the product
Amazon.com: Babyliss Pro Titanium Nano Ultra-Thin 1 3/4" Straightening Flat Iron: Beauty

I have one and like it. It's really good and reaches high temps (450F) but I don't have much to compare it to since it's my first flat iron ever. I used to be relaxed and used curling irons. I got it to do my own BKT last Nov (2009). Since then I got the Joico Vaporiron (don't know why...PJism!) which I also like but don't use as often.

In technical terms, I really don't know the difference, but it heats evenly and glides smoothly.

Sorry this is not a lot of help.

ETA: I have the 1 1/2" and the design allows me to get really close to the roots.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I have a farenheit titanium flatiron and I really like it. It gets the hair straight quicker with less passes on my dd's natural hair. It does not have the protective coating of the ceramic iron so extreme care must be used.

All titaniums are not built the same I picked up another one of a different brand because I needed a larger one and it snagged her hair so I brought it back.

julzinha

Since I've been looking to buy a flat iron I did research on found out that besides 100% Ceramic, Titanium Irons have the best heat retention which allows for hair to get straighter with fewer passes. But you really have to beware of damage with titanium irons because they get very hot. I thinking of purchasing the Hana Titanium from misikko.com. The iron is Titanium and treated with ceramic and tourmaline for protection against heat damage.

Moonpie8

I have a Titanium flat iron that I got from Ross's for $24 I can use it on a lower heat setting and one pass on my hair and it is bling shining I have a FHI and a Jibere but I am really enjoying the Titanium a lot more havent had it a month yet so I will have to continue to see how my hair likes it.

lilikoi

^^^ That's actually a great iron. :yep:

I'm glad to hear this since I have no point of reference. Have you used the FHI or SEDU or any of those highly-rated ones? It would help me put this in perspective.

P.S. I really love mine but every time I hear about the other ones, I wonder if I'm missing out in any way.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I have all sizes of both :sekret: I like them both for different reasons. I use FHI on other people, you can really see the shine & consistent heat take effect. The Sedu is my coveted baby. I only use it on myself and I travel with it, but the FHIs handle better on clients. The babyliss mentioned has great heat consistency, but only if u want to get stick straight. It's not a good iron if you're trying to achieve a nice bump. The 1 inch of that same babyliss iron straightens roots like nobody's business.

MilkChocolateOne

I'm glad to hear this since I have no point of reference. Have you used the FHI or SEDU or any of those highly-rated ones? It would help me put this in perspective.

P.S. I really love mine but every time I hear about the other ones, I wonder if I'm missing out in any way.

You are not missing out on anything. Do not fall for the hype. I own too many flat irons trying to find the "best" one. I own a sedu 1 inch, an amika, a solia, a croc 2 titanium iron, a croc designer iron (also titanium), a h2pro vivace, a hana professional and a deep brilliance .5 inch iron. I use the same technique with each one and I get pretty much the same results from all my irons. I will admit that I have to use my titanium irons at a lower heat setting than my ceramic irons. I never turn my croc 2 past 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I usually use it at 320 degrees.

LuvlyRain3

I really wanna try a solia. Anybody using one??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App