Any Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Users?

DivineNapps1728

Any Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Users? Pictures Added...Finally!!

I just purchased a 1 1/2 inch Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium flat iron & I was wondering if anyone had any reviews. I was going to try another Sedu, but after the 2nd one died without reason :)wallbash:) I have little confidence in the brand.

I've yet to use it, but I'm concerned about the gap in between the plates.

Pictures of results achieved, tips for use of, & detail of experiences with this iron are greatly appreciated.

Here's a photo of the flat iron:

TIA!

Last edited:

clever

I tried this one http://www.folica.com/BaByliss_Pro_Na_d3975.html

I HATED that damn flat iron.I purchased from folica when it was on sale.I had high hopes but it was very janky and poorly made.The plates look like aluminum foil attatched to a $5 flat iron.It should be on sale in the dollar store IMO.I mailed it back the next day for a refund.It got good reviews,though...

Chi
FHI
even the sedu are better IMO

DivineNapps1728

I tried this one http://www.folica.com/BaByliss_Pro_Na_d3975.html

I HATED that damn flat iron.I purchased from folica when it was on sale.I had high hopes but it was very janky and poorly made.The plates look like aluminum foil attatched to a $5 flat iron.It should be on sale in the dollar store IMO.I mailed it back the next day for a refund.It got good reviews,though...

Chi
FHI
even the sedu are better IMO

Oh dear! Sorry for your misfortune, but thanks for the review

DivineNapps1728

[Start Rant]​
Soooooo....I straightened my hair again today & I was loving the results until like an airhead I decided to apply my water-based moisturizer because my scalp was dry :wallbash: Can we say instant reversion?! I'm currently rocking a ponytail and debating washing my hair out when I get home. HMPF!!!!!
[End Rant]​

I'll post pictures when I get home from work :ohwell:

Dacia38

I just purchased the same iron (1 1/2) from off ebay. Going to pick it up from the post office today. Will use it this weekend when I wash. I'm 9 weeks post relaxer (trying to stretch to 12 weeks) we'll see how it goes.

~Dee

back2relaxed

I will say that my stylist as well as a couple of others I know use these irons religiously. They have very high heat, and seem to make the hair very silky and smooth. I just purchased the mini and the 1.25 inch flat irons last week. I will be washing my hair tonight or tomorrow night, and I will try to remember to post pics and give a review as well.

Country gal

I have the baby travel version with one heat setting. I was not impressed at all. I felt like I wasted my money.

DivineNapps1728

I just purchased the same iron (1 1/2) from off ebay. Going to pick it up from the post office today. Will use it this weekend when I wash. I'm 9 weeks post relaxer (trying to stretch to 12 weeks) we'll see how it goes.

~Dee

It will do wonders for your roots!!! It gets my roots straightened beautifully, it's my ends that need help :spinning: I should just cut my hair & start fresh with healthy ends.

I have the baby travel version with one heat setting. I was not impressed at all. I felt like I wasted my money.

Sorry the iron didn't work out for ya. Personally I'm not a fan of any flat iron without multiple heat setting.

DivineNapps1728

So as if I hadn't endured enough hair drama from my morning reversion (due to that darn moisturizer) I got caught in the rain on the way home...AHHHHHHHHH!

Oh well :(

P.S. I'll be posting pics from my first and second straightening attempts shortly.

DivineNapps1728

FIRST ATTEMPT

Blown Dry (Top & Back)

Straightened (Top & Back)

Over all I was pleased. My ends are horrid, but my braidout was still cute. I need a good trim/cut to get my ends looking correct a.s.a.p. !!

Last edited:

DivineNapps1728

Second Attempt​

Freshly Washed

Shrunken Puff Worn Right Before Straightening

Back Straightened

Roots Close Up

Oiling My Scalp :wallbash:

...it was all down hill from here :spinning:

After the rain, a ponytail & more reversion

Casarela

my sister uses it. Its a good one ...of course when used with moderation because its quite powerful IMO.

aegis

this is the ONLY flat iron that i have ever used and it gets my hair PIN straight and i am a nappy 4b texture lol. i love it.

DivineNapps1728

Today was my third attempt at straightening my natural hair with the Babyliss & it's my best try yet!!! I'll post pics after I get my house together for my company. :)

acooks143

I bought this because a lady used it on my hair and my hair came out shiny and swinging. However I must dont know how to flat iron myself because it was not so good. I also cant seem to pick the right temp for my hair using it. Any recs?

supermodelsonya

I dont' have the particular iron mentioned but I do own a Babyliss and I LOVE MY IRON!

I'm on my second one, only because I gave the first one to my twin sister. Gets' my hair pin straight too! And I got it at TJ Maxx for $24.99!

DivineNapps1728

I bought this because a lady used it on my hair and my hair came out shiny and swinging. However I must dont know how to flat iron myself because it was not so good. I also cant seem to pick the right temp for my hair using it. Any recs?

I think the temperature you need to use depends on the state of your hair (how moisturized/dry it is or how healthy/damaged it is, whether your hair is natural/relaxed, etc), the texture of your hair and the amount of products applied before a straightening attempt.

Personally my natural hair is tightly coiled so I tend to need a higher heat setting to get a smooth finish in general. When my hair is well moisturized however
I find that using less heat works fine unless I load my tresses with too much heat protectant or I haven't detangled thoroughly.

I use the Babyliss on 40 & one to two passes does the trick; I prefer to use a higher heat setting and go over my hair a couple times than to use a lower setting and to have to keep passing over my hair with the flat iron.

HTH! :yep: