Titanium Flat Iron

PreciousPearl

I'm looking to purchase a tianium flat iron. I have narrowed my search down to the following. Any reviews on these models or any recommendations on another titanium flat iron?

Croc Classic Nano-Titanium
Croc2 Titanium
Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium

Last edited:

back2relaxed

I have 2 Babyliss Pro Nano irons...a 1 1/2 inch and a 1/2 inch(my hair is super short). I love them. Since I bought them in Spring 2010, I haven't really used any of my other irons(CHI, FHI, Maxiglide). My stylist also uses them, along w/the blowdryer and all of the irons they offer. They leave the hair super silky and shiny, they go up to 450 degrees, but I never use it over 340 degrees(the smaller one is set at 400 automatically, I believe). They heat up almost instantaneously, and are easy to clean. I love them! I purchased mine on ebay, separately, the smaller one was 20.00, and the larger one I think I ended up paying about 65.00. If you buy it you will not need another iron!

PreciousPearl

Thank you ladies for your input. I think I’m going to get a Babyliss 1/2" and Croc 1 1/2".

I recently had a BKT done for my DD and the stylist used a titanium flat iron. I currently have a FHI Platform, but I just can’t seem to duplicate that silky straight look she had with the titanium flat iron.

anna1

I have a Revlon Titanium Flat Iron I bought for $29.00 from Walgreens and its okay. I'm natural so I guess its not gonna work miracles. I use it with frizz ease and tresemme heat protectant spray. It gets my hair straight but not bone straight. It looks like I got caught out in the rain when I have a relaxer.:lachen:
Overall it is okay. I use it on my Janet weave and it works pretty well.

PreciousPearl

I was all set to purchase a Croc. But, today I was in TJ Maxx browsing the hair care products and found a Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium. I also found a FHI Nano Pro 1800 blow dryer. I can wait to try both on DD's hair.

glittergrl01

Bleh don't get a babyliss they will damage your hair! Go Croc, or Hana also has a titanium that I've used a couple of times and it worked great. Unfortunately no matter what the brand is, titanium can damage your hair so be careful girl! :)

PreciousPearl

Bleh don't get a babyliss they will damage your hair! Go Croc, or Hana also has a titanium that I've used a couple of times and it worked great. Unfortunately no matter what the brand is, titanium can damage your hair so be careful girl! :)

Thanks for the advice. I used the Babyliss and I was pleased with the results. However, if using titanium will result in damage in the long run I may stop using it. Maybe my problem is not the iron, but technique or I have a problem with my FHI platform.

back2relaxed

Thanks for the advice. I used the Babyliss and I was pleased with the results. However, if using titanium will result in damage in the long run I may stop using it. Maybe my problem is not the iron, but technique or I have a problem with my FHI platform.

Any hot styling tool will damage your hair. Its no different than any other flat iron. However the Babyliss(and the others you mentioned) have the ability to control the temperature. I NEVER go over 340 degrees on my Babyliss Nano, and I have NEVER experienced any damage. As with any flat iron you will need to use a heat protectant, and limit the usage of the iron to maybe every wash day(or 2x/month) or whatever works for YOUR hair.

You will have to use a little trial and error to determine how much heat you need to use with the Babyliss to get the results you desire. But, never use a hot iron without a heat protectant.

Good luck, HTH.