Tightly Curly/Fractal Curly Girl Method

LadyPBC

Ladies - I have two questions:
  1. do you wash/go thru this process in the mornings or can it be done in the evenings? I can't imagine going to bed with a wet head
  2. has anyone ever tried the Cantu Leave In (in a jar) with this method?

faithVA

[USER=165094 said:
LadyPBC[/USER];16319327]Ladies - I have two questions:
  1. do you wash/go thru this process in the mornings or can it be done in the evenings? I can't imagine going to bed with a wet head

I don't do WNGs. I wash my hair in the evenings and twist it up. It is usually dry by morning. I'm fine with having a wet head when I go to bed as long as I don't have things like conditioner sitting in it. Even before doing this method I was washing my hair at night.

I don't use the Cantu Leave In. I believe it has silicones in it right? Won't say it won't work but you it might change what you cleanse your hair with.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Vintagecoilylocks said:
I will clarify my routine. i am a modified tighly curly because I do not comb or use a denamen brush. I finger detangle but I do separate my curls like Terri. This dry hot weather has forced me to increase my Co wash to every three days or so.

I've switched to doing this as well. I no longer use combs/brushes and I find my curls look totally different. And I use gel, it really helps my wng's last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

*Frisky*

Ladies - I have two questions:

LadyPBC

I used to do my wash and go process at night. I would put my hair in like 5 pineapples and then put on a bonnet so the wet feel wasn't too bad. Plus if you do it early enough in the evening, your hair will dry at least half way or so.

Now I do it in the morning and I prefer this way because the curls look really nice and defined the first day but stilll look good over the next few days. I haven't used Cantu in a long time so I don't know how it would work for this method.

Vintagecoilylocks

I've switched to doing this as well. I no longer use combs/brushes and I find my curls look totally different. And I use gel, it really helps my wng's last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I started to experiment with gels because I saw a youtuber with 4a hair doing the TC and it really did help the definition. I know 1Ballareina use it but I never wear my hair out. But I am sometimes just not up to all that. When your hair is below TBL it can take time no matter how scaled down the routine is. Washing and conditioning is quick but by the time I detangle, and separate then twist(because braiding took even longer) I am still over an hour doing my hair. Got to love this long hair.
I am now in 11 twists but will try to get down to less and not compromise the health with to many tangles. I am working on getting down to 7 twists. Then I may return to braiding because it does hold better in braids. Still a work in progress.:yep:

Your hair is looking fabulous.:spinning:

Last edited: