Curly Girl Method Vs Tightly Curly?

L.Brown1114

So I'm following the CG method for a month and seeing how it goes, but nowhere can I find how often you are suppose to cowash your hair. I don't like to cowash often in winter.

I was thinking of incorporating the tightly curly method because I will be detangling with a brush and leaving conditioner in my hair makes sense because my hair looks and feels awesome with it in. And that's once a week right?

My plan was to use a cleansing conditioner once a week and leave in another conditioner not meant for cleansing. And mid week take a water bottle with aloe Vera juice in it to refresh, not adding anymore product. My problem is where on earth is my protein suppose to come from cuz my hair loves it. Doing this method should I only use a protein DC?

greenandchic

So I'm following the CG method for a month and seeing how it goes, but nowhere can I find how often you are suppose to cowash your hair. I don't like to cowash often in winter.

I was thinking of incorporating the tightly curly method because I will be detangling with a brush and leaving conditioner in my hair makes sense because my hair looks and feels awesome with it in. And that's once a week right?

My plan was to use a cleansing conditioner once a week and leave in another conditioner not meant for cleansing. And mid week take a water bottle with aloe Vera juice in it to refresh, not adding anymore product. My problem is where on earth is my protein suppose to come from cuz my hair loves it. Doing this method should I only use a protein DC?

From what I understood when I tried CG years ago and TC in recent years, you're supposed to co-wash as often as needed or as often as you want.

In terns of protein, use it as often as you feel you need to. Some people is bi-weekly, others its monthly.

Anaisin

You do your hair however often you want/need to

I used to do CG and I don't recall anything saying not to use protein. I did a hard protein treatment like every 3-5 weeks

L.Brown1114

You do your hair however often you want/need to

I used to do CG and I don't recall anything saying not to use protein. I did a hard protein treatment like every 3-5 weeks

Whenever I look up CG method approved products they never list protein treatments. Which one did you use?

Anaisin

Whenever I look up CG method approved products they never list protein treatments. Which one did you use?

Curl Junkie Repair me. Great but I never bought it again because it costs too much. Didn't replace it with anything either, just didn't do protein treatments after that

L.Brown1114

Curl Junkie Repair me. Great but I never bought it again because it costs too much. Didn't replace it with anything either, just didn't do protein treatments after that

Ugh I hate curl junkie. The DC is a joke and it's too expensive I wouldn't dream getting the protein treatment...I think Giovanni makes one though I'm going to check that out

Anaisin

Ugh I hate curl junkie. The DC is a joke and it's too expensive I wouldn't dream getting the protein treatment...I think Giovanni makes one though I'm going to check that out

Yeah they have 2 protein treatments, I see the reconstructor one all the time in TJmaxx/Marshalls. Think it's $4.99

greenandchic

Yeah they have 2 protein treatments, I see the reconstructor one all the time in TJmaxx/Marshalls. Think it's $4.99

If your TJ Maxx/Marshalls has Joico, the K-Pax is a good reconstructor.

Then again, I think it has cones (not good for CG).