This whole no glycerin in Winter thing, can you use a non glycerine product all year?

cocoagirl

So I know my hair doesn't agree with glycerin in the colder months but is there any benefit to using moisturizing products that contain glycerine in the summer? If one used a non-glycerine moisturizer year around, would they be missing out on any benefits of glycerine in warmer months?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Re: This whole no glycerin in Winter thing, can you use a non glycerine product all y

Glycerin products are mostly used in warmer months because they pull moisture from the air to moisturize the hair. In cooler months when there is no moisture in the air they can do the opposite and make the hair dry.
You can use a non-glycerin product all year round, yes. I don't think you would be missing out on any benefits as long as it's moisturizing to your hair. A lot of ladies prefer non-glycerin products because their hair doesn't like glycerin in any climate.

cocoagirl

Re: This whole no glycerin in Winter thing, can you use a non glycerine product all y

Thanks for the info Poka!

Tiye

I don't like glycerin. I've been using mainly jojoba oil lately and it's working great - no dry hair.

g.lo

i don't use glycerine at all and my hair is fine!

Qtee

Glycerine turns my hair into a big poofy mess..so I avoid it at all cost all year around..my hair is still healthy and moisturized without it..

QUEENJAMES231

I like glycerin but I don't mind a little frizz with certain styles it's like an extra moisture boost for me. I think you have to try it for yourself to see how your hair reacts.

frizzy

There are other humectants such as vegetable lecithin, honey and honeyquat that won't draw moisture out of the hair when the air is dry. I use lecithin on dry hair sometimes and lecithin and honey in my DCs.

TrendySocialite

Oyin handmade published an article stating you can use glycerin if you apply before shower and allow glycerin to absorb steam from shower.

greenandchic

My hair doesn't like glycerin if its the top 6 ingredients during the summer and not at all during the winter. The colder it is (no matter what the dew point is), the less my hair likes it.

Kurlee

i use it year round with no issues