Thinning in the middle of nape due to wigs

GraceJones

I've just realized that my nape has been thinning due to the comb in the back. Ladies beware of the combs in your wig! I think my nape may be more fragile or something because I used two combs in the front by my temple and those areas are fine.

I didn't even realize. I don't have particularly high density so I didn't notice until it was too late :nono: I'm so sorry nape!

What I've been doing now is obviously stop using the comb, and babying the area. I try to spend more attention during moisturizing and DCing, and I'm using Sulphur 8 grease

Oh, and I am natural

Any more suggestions?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
GraceJones

I remove all Combs and the Elastic Band(s) to keep down the Breakage.

Baby that area and maybe get some JBCO and hopefully you'll see some improvement.

FollicleFanatic

It's good you noticed this before it got out of hand. I agree with ditching the combs (keep an eye on those other ones too!) and massaging/babying your nape.

MzSwift

IA with the ladies. Bobby pin the back of the wig and massage in some castor oil into the trouble area.

When I use the combs, I add EVOO to the comb and to the area of hair where it'll be applied. Sorry to hear this happened to you. I'm sure you'll get it back into shape with a little TLC :)