Thicker Fuller Hair

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
Try Nexxus headress, it works for lots of ladies here myself included. I add a few drops castor oil to mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO headdress and castor oil. Headdress is my holy grail leave-in -- I'm NEVA without it. The ingredient in headress that adds volume is d-panthenol or panthenol, which coats the hair shaft and makes each strand appear thicker -- it is the 2nd ingredient listed in headdress. In addition, panthenol is a humectant, which helps to keep hair mositurized and well as thick. I also have 100% pure panthenol (it's a gel in jar -- NOW foods brand -- 1oz for around $6.00 at the health food store) that I use to add to my leave in -- or sometimes mix a drop of castor oil with a drop of d-panthenol to coat my ends -- a very very little goes a long way. I don't do this anymore because my hair has all the volume I need from headdress, but back in the day when my ends were thin, a drop of pure panthenol mixed with a drop of unrefined castor oil, rub in palms and then apply to ends -- DA BOMB to add volume and seal in moistuire.

I still use castor oil religiously in my wash out conditioners -- approximately 2 teaspoons to 1 conditioners.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Panthenol and Castor Oil Ends treatments sounds TIGHT. I have to see how and where I can get my hands on both of these products. If anyone has location recs, LMK.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
That's interesting! I know castor oil is good for stimulating hair growth but I didn't know it thickens hair too.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's definitely known for thickening as well..when I add it to my hair prod, i can see the difference. my hair looks fuller and thicker....

[/ QUOTE ]
I've learned since (I posted that 8 months ago) that post that castor oil does thicken hair. I still haven't tried adding it to my hair products yet though. Are there certain hair products you add it to or all of your hair products?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isis---I usually add a tbsp of castor oil to 6 oz of whatever AO conditioner i choose to use....I made the mistake of adding too much to my leave in and it made my hair too dang thick and rubbery....

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you SherryLove.
That sounds like great idea! I may add some to my conditioner next wash.

Neroli

Hey Tracy: If you can't find in your local health food store (the d-panthenol is kinda hard to find and I have to special order thru my local store because they don't stock it) check out the NOW Foods website (www.nowfoods.com) they have both "food grade" castor oil and the d-panthenol gel, both for about $5.95. I have used other brands of castor oil (spectrum makes a good one), but NOW Foods is only one I'm aware of that has the pure d-panthenol.

TBird

Great tips. how would castor oil work on dry hair using the baggie method to keep ends moisturized?

asummertyme

well laa dee daa!! i am soooo happy u guys posted this about castor oil....i just orderd a big bottle of castor oil and olive oil, from ..from nature with love, i used it last night on my hair cause my hair is sooo fine it is annoying, well 2day it feel much better...not to mention i clipped my old ends 2day, so i am happy to hear about this.