Longer hair = Thicker hair?

Crystal22

I've noticed in a lot of hair albums that the longer someones hair got the thicker it got. Some heads have started out kinda seethrough shoulder length but once it hit past shoulders, it really began to thicken up, looking like a completely new head of hair, with little to no trimming!! Has anyone else noticed, or has that been the case for you? Here i was thinking all this time that if you started out with a kinda thin head of hair, it was only gonna get worse as it grew longer. Which is why I've pretty much stayed shoulder length or slightly longer my whole life, for fear of my hair looker thinner and thinner as it grew. I'd end up cutting it back to slightly above shoulder to get that blunt look. The reason alot of ladies hair is somewhat thin at shoulder is because of the brushing against the shoulders. Once it gets past shoulder length the hair seems to thicken back up because the constant friction is gone.

I finally get it!! Its thick before it hits shoulder, and thick again after its past shoulder. Also longer hair IMO requires less manipulation than shorter hair. You don't have to "fight" with it to style/lay down so much....it kinda just falls into place easier because of the weight of it, therby retaining length better.

Okay that was my duh moment for the week!!:spinning:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
You're right! The longer my hair grows the thicker and heavier it gets and all the way down but I still want it to be thicker. I just like thick hair. It looks healthy and full.

Crystal22

Isn't that weird how you would think the opposite? I'm sure you hair is lovely, do you have a fotki?

ajacks

I have seen a lot of pictures where the hair is longer but the ends are see through. I believe that the hair is thicker b/c of proper hair care therefore previous broken hairs are catching up with the rest and the use of products like Castor Oil that thicken the actual hair strands.

ebonylocs

Can't say I've noticed this.

There are some see through / stringy ends out there.

I think those who maintain thick long hair are usually trimming as necessary, doing low manipulation and otherwise caring well for their hair.

I can think of many people whose hair grew "out" (i.e. thickened) before growing down (Isis springs to mind).

Miosy

Personally, my hair has been bra length but thin and see through. :)
But, I know now the things I did wrong so as I try to grow my hair again-it will be much healthier and thicker..hopefully :ohwell: