Thicker Fuller Hair

ShirleyD

Does anyone out there knows of a hair thicken product that will thicken or make thin hair appear thick? I have used Folicure thickening mousse and it works for a while. Then the hair start to get even thinner. Help. Help

debyjay

Try Nexxus headress, it works for lots of ladies here myself included. I add a few drops castor oil to mine.

Isis

I think Headress makes it appear thicker because it is coating the shaft. My hair is naturally thick and I use Headress which really makes it look thicker.

Drinking carrot juice daily (about 2 ounces) will actually thicken your hair with results in about a week.
I've done this before successfully.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
Try Nexxus headress, it works for lots of ladies here myself included. I add a few drops castor oil to mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should try adding my castor oil to Headress for the shine. Thanks for the tip!

Isis

That's interesting! I know castor oil is good for stimulating hair growth but I didn't know it thickens hair too.

LABETT

I am using nexxus diametress hair thickening shampoo and
nexxus headress along with humectress it makes my hair appear thicker.I also take two 500mg b5 tablets daily.

ShirleyD

I am going to try the castor oil tonight and tomorrow I am going to get the carrot juice. This forum is God-sent. It has really encouraged me that one day I will have long and thick hair. I have almost every Nexxus product on the market. I can't way to see the results from the castor oil and carrot juice. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks ladies!!!!

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
I add the castor oil coz my granny convinced me it thickens the hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it thicken the hair, does it make each stran thicker and/or stronger or does it protect it? what makes it work thank
SS for all the questions

LABETT

I saw a lady with real thick hair and I asked her about it
and she said she used Castor oil and Blue Magic hair grease said it was a family secret.
I started using Castor oil has a pre hot oil treatments and
along with J/A/S/O/N Thin to Thick Shampoo and Conditioner,
co washes and streching relaxers and airdrying my hair is much thicker now.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
I add the castor oil coz my granny convinced me it thickens the hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it thicken the hair, does it make each stran thicker and/or stronger or does it protect it? what makes it work thank
SS for all the questions

[/ QUOTE ]
It's pretty challenging to find info on the internet about exactly how and why castor oil thickens the hair, but it does. It will even thicken and increase the growth of eyelashes and eyebrows. I've seen that. I've learned it's best to use pure unrefined cold-pressed castor oil. Some of the ladies use Jamaican black castor oil with the same results.

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
DSTcutie said:
Biotin thickens the hair as well.

[/ QUOTE ] I did not know that, am not doing my vitamins very well or taking them like I should, because I really dont seem to get much growth without them ty

[ QUOTE ]
saw a lady with real thick hair and I asked her about it
and she said she used Castor oil and Blue Magic hair grease said it was a family secret.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm family secret, well am not going to buy any blue magic any time soon, but I have Vaseline and Indian hemp by softee, I may try that thanks

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty challenging to find info on the internet about exactly how and why castor oil thickens the hair, but it does. It will even thicken and increase the growth of eyelashes and eyebrows. I've seen that. I've learned it's best to use pure unrefined cold-pressed castor oil. Some of the ladies use Jamaican black castor oil with the same results. .

[/ QUOTE ]
I really want to try the black castor oil, I have Pure castor oil, and I know it works on my eyelashes, and if I stop using it they dont seem too keep growing or looking better, Thanks for all the replys

Leshia

I remember when i used castor oil for about one and one-half months while i was braided. my new growth was so, SO thick, I could barely comb it (and I'm a fine-haired girl...) I just got some more castor oil in the mail. This reminds me of why I got it in the first place...

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO headdress and castor oil. Headdress is my holy grail leave-in -- I'm NEVA without it. The ingredient in headress that adds volume is d-panthenol or panthenol, which coats the hair shaft and makes each strand appear thicker -- it is the 2nd ingredient listed in headdress. In addition, panthenol is a humectant, which helps to keep hair mositurized and well as thick. I also have 100% pure panthenol (it's a gel in jar -- NOW foods brand -- 1oz for around $6.00 at the health food store) that I use to add to my leave in -- or sometimes mix a drop of castor oil with a drop of d-panthenol to coat my ends -- a very very little goes a long way. I don't do this anymore because my hair has all the volume I need from headdress, but back in the day when my ends were thin, a drop of pure panthenol mixed with a drop of unrefined castor oil, rub in palms and then apply to ends -- DA BOMB to add volume and seal in moistuire.

I still use castor oil religiously in my wash out conditioners -- approximately 2 teaspoons to 1 conditioners.

Queenie

A friend of mine with thin hair uses Nioxin Shampoo to make her hair grow in thicker. It has worked really well for her. I don't dare try the stuff, mine is thick enough.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
That's interesting! I know castor oil is good for stimulating hair growth but I didn't know it thickens hair too.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's definitely known for thickening as well..when I add it to my hair prod, i can see the difference. my hair looks fuller and thicker....

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:

[/ QUOTE ]

it's definitely known for thickening as well..when I add it to my hair prod, i can see the difference. my hair looks fuller and thicker....

[/ QUOTE ]
I've learned since (I posted that 8 months ago) that post that castor oil does thicken hair. I still haven't tried adding it to my hair products yet though. Are there certain hair products you add it to or all of your hair products?

Lisa23

I'll tell yea. I used Salerm 21 this passed weekend and my hair is so thick. I normally have full thick hair, but after using the Salerm my hair is even thicker. I even wrapped it the minute I got home from the salon yesterday (noon)and didn't take it down until this morning and it is still thick and full.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've learned since (I posted that 8 months ago) that post that castor oil does thicken hair. I still haven't tried adding it to my hair products yet though. Are there certain hair products you add it to or all of your hair products?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isis---I usually add a tbsp of castor oil to 6 oz of whatever AO conditioner i choose to use....I made the mistake of adding too much to my leave in and it made my hair too dang thick and rubbery....

happylocks

what does everyone mean by thick, does it change the Hair and the hair strands? or is it just a coating over the hair? ty