Half-wig combs = breakage

iamtan

Hello :),

I just purchase a half-wig and I notice that my hair snags on the comb inside the half-wig. I would like to know is there any other way to wear the half-wig without the combs? or any easy method on taking off the half-wigs without it snagging?

naturalTAN

You could remove the combs and just use Goody or Conair bobby pins because the ends don't come off those two brands.

Or you could make sure your hair is detangled well and use oil or a leave-in conditioner on the combs so they'll slide in and out easier.

kblc06

I like to oil the combs with Vaseline or EVOO, before putting the wig on. My hair never snags on the comb now that I do this :yep:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I braid or twist my hair horizontally so the comb has something to attach to.

Then I oil the combs OR remove them carefully and use black hair clips instead. (the kind of metal clips u use to secure bangs behind your ear)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

kupenda

I just cut the bottom comb out of half wig last week. It was mutilating my nape. But I still have the front comb and a drawstring in mine so I moisturize the area where the comb will be and then seal it with an oil or butter, but I do it heavier than I do the rest of my hair. This allows the comb to slip just a little. And then I tighten the drawstring a little. But I also keep bobby pins on me just in case

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I just remove the combs and use bobby pins. Combs pull too much at my egdes and give me a headache.

locabouthair

Yes take out the combs and use bobby pins. But make sure you change the position of the pins you use because that can cause tension too. So don't use the pins in the same spot all the time.

Krystle~Hime

I was so afraid hair pins ain't secure enough that I left the front comb in. what I did was to saturate the comb with a heavy buter like shea butter. but I definitly want to remove them out.