*Tears* I miss Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo...Need a replacement

BeautifulFlower

Ladies,

I will admit. Ever since Creme of Nature Detangling Ultra Moisturizing Conditioning Shampoo (orginal formula) has been discontinued, I have been lost on the shampoo front. Now, I use pretty much whatever is around the house.

This may been more of a heart felt cry for the pretty how have been on this board at least 2 years.

Has anyone found a sufficient replacement? Something that melts right through tangles like butter on hot beard?

I am serious right now. I am trying to do my first long term stretch and if I can't control the tangles that come from shred hair, I wont make it.

yardgirl

The old formula is still made and sold in Jamaica. If you know someone coming down here, asking them to buy a few bottles.

NicWhite

I am so with you. I stopped using Creme of Nature Detangling Ultra Moisturizing Conditioning Shampoo because I wanted a "natural" shampoo... It is so not the same.

I don't know what Fairy dust :fairy: they put in that stuff but I never had problems with tangles when I used it.

*Feeling your pain and passing you the kleenex* :cry4:

Honi

There is no board.
:bighug: I know how you feel. I don't use poo anymore but Keracare's detangling poo is the only thing IMO that came close to the old formula

BeautifulFlower

Thanks ladies for all your suggestions. I feel the gap in my heart slowly being mended.:grin::yep:

It appears Elasta QP and KeraCare are the popular ones. I will check them out. Thanks so much ladies for the recommendations.

yardgirl, do you know if any Jamaican-based shops sell online? That would be soooo awesome. I'd literally buy their entire stock.

NicWhite, Oh man, I remember how that thang melted through my tangles like it wasnt nothing. I felt like I didnt even need conditioner after that. *Sigh, tears, and thanks for the Kleenex*

NicBenny

Thanks ladies for all your suggestions. I feel the gap in my heart slowly being mended.:grin::yep:

It appears Elasta QP and KeraCare are the popular ones. I will check them out. Thanks so much ladies for the recommendations.

@yardgirl, do you know if any Jamaican-based shops sell online? That would be soooo awesome. I'd literally buy their entire stock.

@NicWhite, Oh man, I remember how that thang melted through my tangles like it wasnt nothing. I felt like I didnt even need conditioner after that. *Sigh, tears, and thanks for the Kleenex*

Keep us posted!! :yep:

ajoyfuljoy

have you tried the new version? i know it has sls but it might be worth it if it still helps you detangle.

destine2grow

I second the Elucence! Don't sleep on it! All u need is a lil bit to get a nice lather and it smells like peaches!

naturalTAN

I love the Suave 2n1 PH Balanced Poo and Aussie Moist Poo. These are the only shampoos that I've tried that have slip and they're cheapies. I have been thinking about trying the Elasta with all the great reviews though.

EllePixie

Omg I feel your pain! I didn't use that shampoo that much in the past years because I thought that some fancy Redken shampoo was better, but NO! That shampoo was AMAZEBALLS! There is NOTHING like it...and I was mad when they changed the formula because I realized I took it for granted...I might cry...RIP Creme of Nature!

*Throws herself on the floor in a tantrum*

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHAMPOO. Why did they change the formula?

I still have a stash. For a while there, some LHCF gals were able to get it and I aquired quite a stash. I loved that coated smooth feeling that CON gave ya. I wonder what the key ingredient was. Come on LHCF chemists! Help us out. I need to try Elasta. I didn't think Eulence gave me the same feeling.

I've been co-washing but it'd be nice to have a good sub for CON!!

BeautifulFlower

alive, Ok. Ok. I'll try it too. I am feeling open to change right now.

naturalTAN, I love Aussie Moist Conditioner so I would imagine the shampoo would be awesome too. Hmmm....

EllePixie, AMAZEBALLS?!?!?!? :lachen:

[USER]wavencurlz[/USER], I know. I remember a stylist once telling me that Shampoo doesnt matter. Whatever!!! After using CON for about a year, I beg to differ. A good shampoo will help your hair from snappin when you're detangling. But most stylist dont care about long hair anyway soooo....

biancaelyse

Elasta QP changed their formula too. I tried it based upon the many recommendations from this board and was not very impressed with the "new" Elasta QP. It gave my hair no slip and it felt coarse and stripped. I never found the old Elasta that everyone raved about.

I hate when companies reformulate or discontinue products that are already "perfect."

Last edited:

BeautifulFlower

Elasta QP changed their formula too. I tried it based upon the many recommendations from this board and was not very impressed with the "new" Elasta QP. It gave my hair no slip and it felt coarse and stripped. I never found the old Elasta that everyone raved about.

I hate when companies reformulate or discontinue products that are already "perfect."

:cry2::crybaby: WHY OH WHY I was excited tooo....geez

BeautifulFlower

Is this the KeraCare I should be getting?

ycj1

I feel u as well but the best shampoo besides the con is by far the one by Aveda from the damage remedy line. That shampoo is so good after I wash with it u actually don't need to follow with a conditioner. The only thing is it's not cheap, but trust me well worth it.

yardgirl

@yardgirl, do you know if any Jamaican-based shops sell online? That would be soooo awesome. I'd literally buy their entire stock.

@NicWhite, Oh man, I remember how that thang melted through my tangles like it wasnt nothing. I felt like I didnt even need conditioner after that. *Sigh, tears, and thanks for the Kleenex*

I highly doubt that and if there is I've never heard of one. Hmmm, I might travel this summer. I wonder if I could work something out *scratches chin*

This is the one you mean right?