Detangling with Shampoo instead of conditioner?

goldensensation

For the past week, I have been detangling with my shampoo (Keracare Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo or Creme of Nature) in my hair, instead of my conditioner, and my hair has never been so soft or so tangle free. I love it! These shampoos give lots of slip...

so, am I doing damage by detangling with shampoo? Or should I just keep doing it since it works?

Lastly, does anyone else do this?

Faith

I started doing this last month...before I got braids. I found using CON shampoo or Vitale's neutralizing shampoo got me more detangled than conditioner. Who knew!

Allandra

goldensensation said:
For the past week, I have been detangling with my shampoo (Keracare Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo or Creme of Nature) in my hair, instead of my conditioner, and my hair has never been so soft or so tangle free. I love it! These shampoos give lots of slip...

so, am I doing damage by detangling with shampoo? Or should I just keep doing it since it works?

Lastly, does anyone else do this?
I've done this before with Cream of Nature Shampoo, and I didn't experience any damage from it. I say keep on doing it since it works for you.

lsw29

I have done this as well with CON shampoo. I don't do it frequently, but I haven't noticed any damage from doing this.

Zahrah

I've done this with my last two shampoos using Keracare Detangling and plan on continuing. My hair gets really tangled when I wear it out and this method worked wonders:)

shunta

Hey guys, what are the ingredients in the keracare hydrating shampoo? Does it have any sulfates in it? It seems like alot of people use this shampoo. I want to try it out so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies!:p

MissFallon

I detangle after I shampoo and then I deep condition and comb it again after i put my leave in. I never comb my hair with shampoo or conditioner in it, its harder for me to detangle it this way.

goldensensation

Here are the ingredients:

aqua, ammonium lauryl sulfate, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, lauramide dea, sodium trideceth-7 carboxylic acid, polysorbate 20, glycol stearate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, polyquaternium-10, polyquaternium-7, citric acid, tetrasodium edta, fragrance, methylchloroisothiazone and methylisothiazolinone, fd&c yellow#5.

So yea, this may not be a sulfate or chemical free shampoo, :lol: but it is the bomb! In the past 2 plus years, it has never done me wrong.

HoneyDew

I always detangle with shampoo. Actually I only like to use shampoos that give me slip.

Since I have been doing pre-treatments with protien conditioners BEFORE shampooing, my hair seems to never get tangled anyway.

shunta

goldensensation said:
Here are the ingredients:

aqua, ammonium lauryl sulfate, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, lauramide dea, sodium trideceth-7 carboxylic acid, polysorbate 20, glycol stearate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, polyquaternium-10, polyquaternium-7, citric acid, tetrasodium edta, fragrance, methylchloroisothiazone and methylisothiazolinone, fd&c yellow#5.

So yea, this may not be a sulfate or chemical free shampoo, :lol: but it is the bomb! In the past 2 plus years, it has never done me wrong.
Thanks so much for replying. Well your hair sure does look good so Im gonna go ahead and give it a try. Thanks so much, Goldensensation ;)