Hide Your Hair Until Christmas Challenge!!!

RabiaElaine

Ms_Twana said:
Really. I didn't know pinning up a twistout/braidout was possible. Does anyone have any pictures?? After shrinkage, my hair isn't very long with a twistout/braidout. It comes to the bottom of my earlobe. Will I still be able to pin it up??

Also, I bought my first phony pony today. I am too excited. They didn't have the bun in my color. That's what I really wanted. And I plan to rock a fall/quick weave during this challenge too. I can't wait. This is an adventure for me. I've never done stuff like this with my hair.

I do have a question, though. As my friend and I were trying to match my hair color with the weave, I realized my hair is dull looking. We almost couldn't tell what colors match because my hair looked so dull compared to the weaves. Does this mean I need moisture???? Do I need to change my eating habits?? What does this mean???

I have pictures at home...that I haven't uploaded to my fotki.

You can try using a sheen spray to increase your natural sheen/shine...I think weave hair will always have more sheen than our natural hair, especially if it's synthetic. You may need need moisture...but I would have to know more about your regimen/hair to determine this. I recommend ORS Olive Oil Sheen spray...only a spray or 2 will do...you don't need a lot.

Aquamarie

Please count me in. I've been hiding my hair for four weeks straight now and this challenge will go great with my K.I.S.S. challenge.

i'm still hiding my hair under the wig. I get so lazy now that i don't even like combing my hair the ONE time I do it weekly when i wash. IT is growing out pretty well, albeit slowly....

Lucia

I ordered 2 phonyponys jerri curl and spiral curl, the curls were too uniform and perfect so I messed them up a bit so they tail would look more natural, they actually match my hair, no one can tell. I love these, now I can concentrate on the short hairs at my temples and front. Otherwise I'm CW 2-3x/ week the night before a CW I put in some conditioner on my entire head, braid cover and I'm moisturizing like crazy, I baggie my real ponytail under the phony daily. I was going to trim but I did a small S&D mission instead just to get the few knots and splits. I also have started to henna again that should help with manageability and splits and retaining length. I've started experimenting w/ different curly styles but when I'm out my lengths always hidden.

ak46

I will also like to join this challenge...sounds like a great idea and it was what I was planning to do since my last relaxer. Count me in....:) .

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Count me in! I've been unofficially hiding my hair anyway since I wear a bun everyday! :yep: I'm looking forward to being surprised. :up:

theAlist

Hello!

I'm down to do this challenge. I just finished putting in my micro braids today. I'm also on this super twa grow out challenge...so these will go perfect together!

RabiaElaine

Lucia said:
I ordered 2 phonyponys jerri curl and spiral curl, the curls were too uniform and perfect so I messed them up a bit so they tail would look more natural, they actually match my hair, no one can tell. I love these, now I can concentrate on the short hairs at my temples and front. Otherwise I'm CW 2-3x/ week the night before a CW I put in some conditioner on my entire head, braid cover and I'm moisturizing like crazy, I baggie my real ponytail under the phony daily. I was going to trim but I did a small S&D mission instead just to get the few knots and splits. I also have started to henna again that should help with manageability and splits and retaining length. I've started experimenting w/ different curly styles but when I'm out my lengths always hidden.

Cool...I'm glad you like the phonyponies...I really need to order a new one...I don't know I'm being lazy and not ordering it:perplexed

keldevine

I just got my sew-in August 2nd. Wearing my weave until mid -October. I am very excited and Looking forward this challenge!!!!!!!!!

Ponytaildiva

I have a perfect way to hide and protect your hair so that it can grow healthy and strong. It is called the Undetectible ponytail attachment. You sandwich your hair inside of the barrette clip and end up with a totally natural looking ponytail.

Please take a minute to look at my newly patented undetectible ponytail attachment. I call it the UPA Clip. It is attached to a barrette that is interchangeable with other barratte styles. We are bringing out new barrette styles daily. I promise you that unless you tell, no one will know that it is an attachment. You can swim in it, sleep in it work out in it, whatever you choose to do because it fastens very securely to your natural ponytail.
I use the great quality human hair and design it to your color, texture and length specifications. Your order is filed within 3 working days of receiving your payment. I am currently selling them on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Human-Hair-Ponyt...QQcmdZViewItem

I am also in the process of building my website. Please take a look, you must see to appreciate. You can also contact me for personalized attention at [email protected]. I would really appreicate your input and opinions on the UPA Clip.

tffy2004

Add me to the list. I am liking wearing my bun. And I think if I do this challenge I will notice the progress more

amy1234

Hi RabiaElaine, I totally missed this post :shocked: . To answer your question, I bought it at a local black owned Beauty supply store... the brand name was called Biba.
RabiaElaine said:
O your pony is C...uuuuuuuuuuttttttttteeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Where'd you get that ... details please :)

MizaniMami

I decide Imma join. But partially. I will lock my fotki from LHCFers ( I hate to do this but I think this would be so fun). So if you want the password PM me. Sorry ladies. I will only wear my hair down about twice from now to December 06!

darkangel25

I would like to join. Nobody has really seen my hair for a while anyway. I will take pics monthly to monitor my progress.

RabiaElaine

MizaniMami said:
I decide Imma join. But partially. I will lock my fotki from LHCFers ( I hate to do this but I think this would be so fun). So if you want the password PM me. Sorry ladies. I will only wear my hair down about twice from now to December 06!

Welcome welcome chica!! I'm glad you finally decided to jump in with us!

lana

Just bumping the thread up there. I'm hanging in there. I haven't seen my hair since July 1st. I did stretch it (is that breaking the rules) while wet and I see I have an inch and a half of growth. I just wanted to know if these dog on Nioxin vitamins are working!

I can't lie I'm struggling to stay on this challenge until December

KiniKakes

Im glad you bumped this thread! Ive been searching for it, but my Search option hasnt been working for the past 2 days.

I am joining this challenge, ladies!!!!!!!!! I know Im a month late but.... better late than never! I just got braids this past Tuesday..... and I am keeping them in until December 15! I will freshen the front braids, on an as needed basis. I will be keeping my hair moisturized and MTG'ed.....

Im so excited to see my hair in December! This is the best Xmas gift that I can give myself!!!!!! :D

YummyC

I cheated this week :(
I went to NY and I couldn't resist going to the DM salon for a deep con and blow out. I'm at week nine and these roots were calling out to the salon. I'll be good next time, I have to be.

alonshaw

Count me in ladies, i'm about to get the ball moving and get my hair braided as soon as i find a good braider, shouldn't be too hard since i'm in brooklyn, but there is too many to choose from.