Summer Bun Challenge

Miss617

Always left of center
Cowashed today and accidentally used too much Ecostyler. Oh well. May have to redo the bun tomorrow.

krissyc39

Been bunning/DCing all week cause I'm lazy and trying to recover from protein overload earlier this week :(

bluenvy

Had my bun in all week. Tomorrow I am visiting a new salon to get wash/treatment flat iron for a wedding this weekend. So wish me luck. Next week will be high buns, to enjoy bouncy hair for the weekend

krissyhair

I really can't believe it's June 27th. The official start of summer and of this challenge went by with no warning.

Fhrizzball

I guess I'm at star level now as I've been running 5-6 days minimum. My hair has been in a half reverted blowout and keeping it up has helped with the heat and humidity. I'm going to the beach for Independence day weekend so that'll put my bunning and hair washing to the test.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Still bunning for my life with my goody spin pins. I stopped using ponytail holders some time ago (back in January I think). My bun is small thanks to thin ends but my thick roots give it a "pillow" to sit on since I don't use a holder. I think it's adorable :lol:

Fhrizzball

Does anyone use Flexi-8's here? I'm contemplating getting one but still lost on what size to get for me. If so what size do you use for what style and what is the length/thickness of your hair?

KERC1974

Will be rocking a bun until I wash on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2207193100.jpg
    image-2207193100.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 50

Dilettante

Been bunning five days a week for the past three weeks. That's a lot for a wash and go addict like me! I've been using mostly those ribbon ties to hold my buns plus some bobby pins.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I've had my braided bun in for about 7-8 days and so far so good. Starting to get frizzy but that's to be expected. I'm actually happy I didn't listen to DH, this is a stress free hairstyle for me.

ETA: I should have taken a pic when I first did my hair. But once I get home and redo this set. I will start posting a few pix of my different bun styles as well..

Last edited:

Pennefeather

I finished another full week of bunning. Working on continuing straight through summer. I'd like to make it through the end if the year if possible.

Alta Angel

I guess I joined this challenge without realizing it because I have pretty much been wearing buns since June. It is just so hot that I can't stand for it to be down. If it's not too late I will start at entry level. I take my bun out every night and moisturize with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie or Hair Milk and African Royalle Braid Spray. I put my hair in two big braids until morning. In the morning I spritz with spray use aloe vera gel on my edges bun and set with a scarf.

Pennefeather

Alta Angel

Welcome. It seems that there are a lot of people in the challenge that are wearing their buns for several days, other than the ones with braids. I'm like you. I start new each morning with LOC. I take it down at night and moisturize, and start again in the morning.

PlainJane

Today was wash day for me. I washed, DC, applied leave in, and sealed with grease. I will probably take my bun down in three days.

prettybyrd

Working from home today, so I'm sporting a messy bun.

I was in a hurry yesterday and washed my hair and DC'd. I was about to blow dry and flat iron it straight instead of roller setting to speed things up, but after I plugged in the flat iron, I could smell the heavy stench of set-back in the air so I unplugged it, sealed my hair and put it in a bun. :) Heat damage will not claim me this summer!

felic1

prettybyrd said she did not flat iron because she could detect that the stench of a setback was on its way if she used the flat iron on her hair. The post is just above mine. I thought that was funny. My hair has not recovered from sengalese twists two years ago. It ain't funny though.

SimJam

The stench of setback is such an apt description :lachen:

unfortunately I tend to ignore it ... flat iron .... then wish I hadn't

prettybyrd

prettybyrd said she did not flat iron because she could detect that the stench of a setback was on its way if she used the flat iron on her hair. The post is just above mine. I thought that was funny. My hair has not recovered from sengalese twists two years ago. It ain't funny though.

felic1, girl it's REAL!!! :lol: every single time I had a heat related setback I knew it was going to happen and ignored the feeling. I was standing in that bathroom looking at the flat iron like, "You will NOT claim my curls!"

krissyhair

I didn't even read it carefully enough. Sorry lol prettybyrd

krissyhair

felic1, girl it's REAL!!! :lol: every single time I had a heat related setback I knew it was going to happen and ignored the feeling. I was standing in that bathroom looking at the flat iron like, "You will NOT claim my curls!"

No. Do everything you can to protect them.

One thing though, I will be getting a DB and a trim before the end of this challenge. I'm moving out West soon where there are no Dominican salons and those ladies are the only ones who can cut and treat my hair the way it needs. If by some freak mistake they chop too much or give me heat damage, so be it.

prettybyrd

No. Do everything you can to protect them.

One thing though, I will be getting a DB and a trim before the end of this challenge. I'm moving out West soon where there are no Dominican salons and those ladies are the only ones who can cut and treat my hair the way it needs. If by some freak mistake they chop too much or give me heat damage, so be it.

Good luck on your move!

I'm sure that your trim and BO will be successful without any damage. My only problem is that I have had a heat related setback every other year since I've been on this site. I need to make it to at least APL before I mess up again. :grin:

MzOptimistic

.....i deleted my comment to join. I wear buns everyday all day but I will be watching and cheering from the sideline:yep: HHJ

Last edited:

Miss617

Always left of center
Doing pretty well so far. I've been bunning consistently, usually keep them for 2-3 days before redoing them. Hopefully I can keep it up for the whole challenge!

Rozlewis

I am deep into my stretch so I have been bunning weekly and not touching my hair at all. I will take it down on Thursday to that I can do a Henna treatment.

jade998

I am joining in @ the gold level.

Had a major setback and cut hair to shoulder length. I took a major step back with my hair and paying the consequences.
Regime:
No heat within the 3 months
Weekly conditioning with left over conditioner
Seal with loc method
1000g MSM

Hoping to gain 2 inches