Struggling with your natural hair? Come in here.....

I love the prepoo step of my reggie. I find the process of adding yummy products/ingredients my hair loves relaxing. Anyway, my hair is currently basking in a prepoo medley of coconuttyness w/ Dessert Essence Coconut con and a generous coating of EVCO. I hope there is a difference in my ends dryness.

Last edited:
How do I style my hair before bed. I slept with it out under a satin cap and it was so matted even conditioner wouldn't revive it in the morning. Any advice?

[USER=337307 said:
yuhlovevybz[/USER];18111255]How do I style my hair before bed. I slept with it out under a satin cap and it was so matted even conditioner wouldn't revive it in the morning. Any advice?

How long is your hair?

Did your moisturize your hair before you put on the cap?

My hair is about 3" to 4" and sometimes I just throw on the bonnet. I'm usually fine in the morning.

But typically I 2 strand twist my hair or put it in flat twist especially if I moisturize it. That keeps it from shrinking up.

faithVA Its about EL/NL when it's not stretched, CBL stretched. I put coconut oil in it... it already have condish left in it from when I cowashed earlier that night.

DarkJoy I don't really have on. :lol: Most nights my hair is at least damp with conditioner left in it. I either put it in a bun on top of my head or leave it out and throw a satin cap on it. Usually the bun thing doesnt hurt but its still pretty dry. Leaving it out it was like sandpaper in the morning.

@faithVA Its about EL/NL when it's not stretched, CBL stretched. I put coconut oil in it... it already have condish left in it from when I cowashed earlier that night.

@DarkJoy I don't really have on. :lol: Most nights my hair is at least damp with conditioner left in it. I either put it in a bun on top of my head or leave it out and throw a satin cap on it. Usually the bun thing doesnt hurt but its still pretty dry. Leaving it out it was like sandpaper in the morning.

Yeah you are going to need to find some better products or put your hair up. The conditioner is drying out on you and the coconut oil isn't enough to seal it to hold in the moisture. So your hair dried up and matted.

But if you are going to cowash your hair, you need to put it up anyway and stretch it out. When I mentioned putting on a bonnet that was after my hair was stretched in twists and dried. I can't go to bed with wet loose hair :nono:

If it's wet/damp, you will need to bun it, twist it, braid it or something.

After it's dried and stretched as long as it's moisturized you might be able to get away with just a bonnet. But if you are going to wear a bun, then you might want to pineapple it or at least take sections and pin it up.

yuhlovevybz said:
faithVA Its about EL/NL when it's not stretched, CBL stretched. I put coconut oil in it... it already have condish left in it from when I cowashed earlier that night.

DarkJoy I don't really have on. :lol: Most nights my hair is at least damp with conditioner left in it. I either put it in a bun on top of my head or leave it out and throw a satin cap on it. Usually the bun thing doesnt hurt but its still pretty dry. Leaving it out it was like sandpaper in the morning.

Listen young lady I have told you a few times what you need to do. You have asked advice several times starting new threads about your hair. Asking for help. Everyone was very helpful. You have received excellent advice each time you asked.

I want to know why you are still running around here saying you don't have a regimen and don't know where to begin?

*spank*

There is no instant fix. You have to be committed and serious and patient.

I looked at my previous replies and what I said in the past still applies.

I hope you actually take the advice so lovingly given and come back with a success story.

You have the information you need. Now fly!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

What was the condish brand. Curious about the protein content. Never sleep in them unless you are sure it's just moisture...yuhlovevybz

Listen young lady I have told you a few times what you need to do. You have asked advice several times starting new threads about your hair. Asking for help. Everyone was very helpful. You have received excellent advice each time you asked.

I want to know why you are still running around here saying you don't have a regimen and don't know where to begin?

*spank*

I hope you actually take the advice so lovingly given and come back with a success story.

oh :look: :lol: You ladies have great memories. I would probably give the same advice 50 times :lachen:

*spank*

Sowwy! :cry2:

Idk what's wrong with me. Either i'm hard-headed or I just don't remember anything. I'm gonna go back and look for the advice you gave me before.

*runs off*

HanaKuroi, I know you like Qhemet quite a bit. But when you buy other things do you use sites like CurlMart, etc to pick up various things? or do you buy all of your stuff directly from the sites like ShescentIt, Oyin etc?

I felt like I was having Deja vu. I don't have a great memory. I had ti make sure I wasn't crazy.

:)

It was typed with tough love.

yuhlovevybz said:
Sowwy! :cry2:

Idk what's wrong with me. Either i'm hard-headed or I just don't remember anything. I'm gonna go back and look for the advice you gave me before.

*runs off*

Come give me a hug.

I am treating you like I would my teenagers.

We are here to help you. If you have questions about what problems are application methods, please come back. :) *hugs*

How come BraunSugar hasn't come in here to tell me about those brushes? Am I spelling her name wrong or is she trying to tell me something. If she doesn't answer me this time I'm going to give up :ohwell:

How come @BraunSugar hasn't come in here to tell me about those brushes? Am I spelling her name wrong or is she trying to tell me something. If she doesn't answer me this time I'm going to give up :ohwell:

faithVA have you been mentioning me in here??? I get alerts that have mentions, but when I check for them I don't see anything new. My bad.

What were you asking me?

faithVA said:
HanaKuroi, I know you like Qhemet quite a bit. But when you buy other things do you use sites like CurlMart, etc to pick up various things? or do you buy all of your stuff directly from the sites like ShescentIt, Oyin etc?

Curlmart doesn't carry the entire lines or the litres.

Sagenaturals is my favorite one stop shop. Cindy is extremely efficient. She has the speediest shipping. I buy darcy's, oyin, bask and bee mine from Sage. I used to buy QB from them. I haven't run out of QB yet, but you have to buy from them direct now. It messed up my game.

Curlmart is pretty good too. I buy from them occasionally if there is a sale.

I buy direct from Oyin and Curl Junkie. When I run low I will order from Qhemet directly.

So, to answer your question, I do both. Only for the litres and the items not available from Sage or Curlmart from the same line.

I like a variety so I like Sage and Curlmart for that reason. I like making my own "curlbox/kits". :)

[USER=292856 said:
BraunSugar[/USER];18112123]Ahh, I found it. No, those aren't the one. The package says Detangling brush and it mentions for wet or dry hair. It also says, “Soft, flexible bristles | Will not snag or pull hair | great for kids’ hair”. The model number is #95310

I think they replaced it with the one I bought. Here is the description.

"All hair types. Flexible cushion. All-purpose brushing. Conair has everything you need for beautiful hair. The Cushion Brush is specifically designed to gently untangle wet or dry hair without uncomfortable pulling. Smooth, ball-tipped nylong bristles lety ou comfortable style any hair length or texture. Create looks with lots of body or calm down overactive curles. This set includes one full-size and one mid-size brush, both with grooved, nonslip handles for comfortable control. Full-Size and Mid-Size Cushion Brush Set"

If I happen to see the older style I will let you know. If they are discontinued they may show up in BigLots and other places like that.

I think they replaced it with the one I bought. Here is the description.

"All hair types. Flexible cushion. All-purpose brushing. Conair has everything you need for beautiful hair. The Cushion Brush is specifically designed to gently untangle wet or dry hair without uncomfortable pulling. Smooth, ball-tipped nylong bristles lety ou comfortable style any hair length or texture. Create looks with lots of body or calm down overactive curles. This set includes one full-size and one mid-size brush, both with grooved, nonslip handles for comfortable control. Full-Size and Mid-Size Cushion Brush Set"

If I happen to see the older style I will let you know. If they are discontinued they may show up in BigLots and other places like that.

The only way I'd be able to use it is if the bristles are very flexible. Anything else will just rip out my hair or get stuck. This reminds me though, they have a version of the brush at Sally. http://www.sallybeauty.com/detangling-brush/SBS-217034,default,pd.html It is an identical design. I'm going to check my Sally to see if they have one there.

MileHighDiva said:
HanaKuroi does Sage ever have discounts/sales?

Yes, but not all of the time like some sites.

When they have sales their shipments go right out. Sale or no sale their delivery is reliable and fast.

Feeling demoralized: one wash and go and I've lost 2 inches of hair to single strand knotting in 24 hours.:whyme:

I'm in that annoying in between length (not quite CBL in back, not yet chin length in front)

This is made more frustrating by the fact that I don't have access to all those interesting, made for curly hair products in the states (living in Australia) and no living relatives to suggest what they did with their hair (both Mom and Grandma's hair long, but nobody around to tell me what they did to get it that way).

I have fine, medium density fragile hair that is currently breaking off and getting regularly caught on SSKs. I've already trimmed a year's worth of growth off, setting me back and I just don't know what to do.

I've started doing flat twist outs with bantus on the ends, but I really think I need to stop manipulating my hair-but there's not a lot of it so I'm at a loss on what daily style to do. I've added Njoy's sulfur mix to my weekly regimen but I'd love some advice. I don't think my hair likes coconut oil, not sure how to use Shea Butter and have been trying to use bentonite clay (sometimes mixed with full fat yogurt) as a shampoo every 2 weeks.

Nuttin' but white people products over here. Any recommendations?

Oh yeah, and henna is the only "ethnic" hair care readily available here. Any responses welcome.
Thanks for letting me rant.

nomadpixi said:
Feeling demoralized: one wash and go and I've lost 2 inches of hair to single strand knotting in 24 hours.:whyme:

I'm in that annoying in between length (not quite CBL in back, not yet chin length in front)

This is made more frustrating by the fact that I don't have access to all those interesting, made for curly hair products in the states (living in Australia) and no living relatives to suggest what they did with their hair (both Mom and Grandma's hair long, but nobody around to tell me what they did to get it that way).

I have fine, medium density fragile hair that is currently breaking off and getting regularly caught on SSKs. I've already trimmed a year's worth of growth off, setting me back and I just don't know what to do.

I've started doing flat twist outs with bantus on the ends, but I really think I need to stop manipulating my hair-but there's not a lot of it so I'm at a loss on what daily style to do. I've added Njoy's sulfur mix to my weekly regimen but I'd love some advice. I don't think my hair likes coconut oil, not sure how to use Shea Butter and have been trying to use bentonite clay (sometimes mixed with full fat yogurt) as a shampoo every 2 weeks.

Nuttin' but white people products over here. Any recommendations?

Oh yeah, and henna is the only "ethnic" hair care readily available here. Any responses welcome.
Thanks for letting me rant.

There are some members that live on Australia. I cannot remember who they are. I think there was a thread on moving to Australia. I can't remember.

Can you order things or ask someone to bring things back?

Urban where do you buy your hair products in Australia?

^^^^^^ trying to help out the above member. Thanks! :)

I hope someone sees this.

When my hair is wet, it's awesome. The curls are poppin and the conditioner looks like it's working. Once I rince it out and it dries it turns into a brillo pad. When I think my hair is moisturized it's not. What in the heck is going on?

And the breakage. I won't even go there today. :(

Back