Stripped my scalp...

silenttullip

I shampooed it with dessert essence therapeutic shampoo I don't know if I used too much or left it on the 10 minutes as advised was bad but now my scalp is tight and irritated. It's also itchy now should I shampoo with something more moisturizing or wait for my scalp to get it's oills back? I put on some jbco to help a few days ago but it's still there, never actually penetrated.

curlyninjagirl

The main ingredient, I believe, is cocamide DEA, which is a skin irritant. I wouldn't put anything on your scalp, try to keep from scratching, and just ride this out, you don't want to further agitate your scalp. That's what I did the one and only time I had a bad reaction to a product. My scalp got all peely and itchy for 2 weeks before things cleared up, but I was determined not to make it worse (the product was Giovanni's SAS conditioner). Needless to say, I never used the product again. HTH.

BTW, I use this ingredient definition list as a guide to avoid irritants: TightlyCurly.com

silenttullip

thanks for the link it's amazing how many times I've been to that site never thinking to look in the definitions section by the way what shampoo do u use?

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
curlyninjagirl

Can you tell me which shampoo you use, if any? It seems no matter what my shampoo makes my scalp itch horribly. I have tried diluting it to no avail. I am desperate because I like shampooing my hair (only 1x a week) to have a clean slate.

Carisa

By the way, i cant believe they said to leave a shampoo on for 10 minutes (i usually try to leave get it out as soon as i can) But i also thought instead of washing again with shampoo maybe you should co-wash

silenttullip

Thanks for the responses ladies...
For jojoba oil I'll have to get some more, I tried it in the past and I don't know it didn't do much.
For the co washing I've tried... Nothing works besides diluted vo5 or hair one but I've got two bottles of that I can't use because I'm afraid of the cones in it because I get build up so easily. I don't know why things get attracted to my scalp but I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis and it's been a struggle. Chagrin Valley bars are the only shampoo that doesn't give me inflammation but it makes my hair dry and I wanted to use an actual shampoo.
I just massaged my scalp a little with the oils already on my scalp jbco from a few days ago and the natural sebum so the itching stopped but it still feels tight. Grrrr so annoying :(

chebaby

ive never had issues with my scalp but if i ever did first thing i would reach for would be evoo. i had a rash before and tried everything from coconut oil to coco butter and only thing that worked was evoo. my bf got a hold of some fake shea butter that broke him out really bad and left a dark scar. he used evoo and it cleared up.

curlyninjagirl

I use CON (orange bottle) moisturizing shampoo weekly. And once a month I clarify with Pantene Clarifying shampoo, which leaves my scalp feeling soooo nice and clean! Clarifying is my scalp's fave wash day!