Stretchers: How much new growth do you have at 12 weeks?

Stretchers: How much new growth do you have at 12 weeks post?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
10-12 weeks seem to be the minimum for stretchers, right? So for those who stretch for 12 weeks or more, how much new growth do you have in three months?

I want to do a public poll for easy reference...(easy stalking) ;)

I tried stretching before but I wasn't successful. I relax 1" or a bit more of new growth every 8 weeks. I might try 10 weeks again while wearing curly/wavy styles. Not sure if I can go to 12 weeks though.

(I know stretching isn't for everyone.)

Fedoralova

I got up to 2 inches from my first 3 month stretch. Pics are in my fotki. I have comparison pics up to March. I havent taken any since I relaxed though.

Last edited:

preciousjewel76

victorious said:
10-12 weeks seem to be the minimum for stretchers, right? So for those who stretch for 12 weeks or more, how much new growth do you have in three months?

I want to do a public poll for easy reference...(easy stalking) ;)

I tried stretching before but I wasn't successful. I relax 1" or a bit more of new growth every 8 weeks. I might try 10 weeks again while wearing curly/wavy styles. Not sure if I can go to 12 weeks though.

(I know stretching isn't for everyone.)

I usually have 1.5-2" of new growth. I seem to average around .5" per month, but my temples and crown grow faster than that.. I just started using Boundless Tresses, though, so hopefully my growth rate will increase(which means I might not be stretching 12 weeks anymore!).

e$h

I honestly don't know how much NG I get because I've never actually measured. But to me, just looking at my NG and I'm 12 weeks post, I don't get that much. My hair seems to grow really, really slow. This will be my 2nd time around stretching so we'll see. I'm shooting for 19 weeks. The last time I stretched I got a significant amount of growth but again, I couldn't tell you exactly how many inches I gained. Lookin at my siggy you could probably tell. An inch and a 1/2 maybe?:look:

Good luck on your stretch:)

Junonia

I get average growth in three months. I would say about an 1 inch and if my hair is going through a growth spurt 1.5 to 2 in.

bablou00

I feel like i get the average too! My hair seems to grow kind of slow the first month and a half then it takes off from there. My mission is a 6mos stretch so well see. Plus it will be summer time and people say hair grows faster than.

janeemat

I would say I got 1 to 1.5 inches. Maybe 2. One thing for sure is my hair was a lot thicker.

amwcah

I have about 1.5" to 2" currently. I'm in my 4th month of a 6 month stretch. My first month post relaxer I got alot of new growth while using MTG. I had to take out my cornrows after 2 weeks when they usually last at least 4 weeks.

Empress Yahudah

I just got thru my first 12 week stretch and I had slighlty over 2 inches of new growth..I had a slight trim aswell cuz the front part of my hair grows longer then the rest...I am taking a bunch of supplements and topical growth treatments and massages so this realy helped

sowhut

About an inch to an inch and a half. But for some strange reason when i get to around 14-15 weeks i always get an additional 1/2 inch. not complaining though.

Catina72

About 1.5" in the front and 2" in the crown. I swear the very back doesn't look as if it has any growth, but for me, that is the finest part of my head. I know its growing back there though because it gets longer and longer!!:D

AKA-Tude

It's been not quite 12 weeks and I have a bit over 2 inches!!

WOW!

I haven't done anything differently (I haven't even taken my vits or topicals).

I guess I'm just going though a growth spurt right now.

I'll take it!

I'll take a pic b4 I relax.

Royal Glory

I'd chose 2-3 inches in 12 weeks because I get about an inch or more in six weeks. I don't stretch per sé. I can only go about 8 weeks between touchups without a lot of shedding.

ohsosuzy

Hmmm.. I guess I get between 1.5" to 2" inches when I'm stretching for 12 weeks. At least thats what I got this time around because this is the first time I have ever monitored my hair growth process. But keep in mind this is only a rough estimate because I have never actually measured it. :)