Spring Equinox...Time to trim or cut Who's with me?

Mook's hair

I'm doing an aggressive trim on March 19:yep:

The Lunar Chart displays the 5 optimal dates each month for cutting and beautifying hair. Certain days are especially beneficial for a certain things

Here's the chart
https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

I have been needing a trim so I figured why not choose this day?

Anyone else wanna try?:grin::grin:

The theory has to do with the moon phases and the tides.

Caramel Jewel

I have an appointment on the 16th to get my first trim since I BC'd...I need it to because I have some serious split ends...It grew a lot since last march ....but I might get one to two inches chopped off...I don't mind....I'll grow back

naturalepiphany

Thanks for the info Mook, by the way I love your hair. I've really been wanting to do this, but had no clue of which dates to do. I want to only search and destroy or trim if needed on these dates. Thanks Again!

Last edited:

Caramel Jewel

I have an appointment on the 16th to get my first trim since I BC'd...I need it to because I have some serious split ends...It grew a lot since last march ....but I might get one to two inches chopped off...I don't mind....I'll grow back

according to that morrocan map...the 16th is a good strengthening day....:)

NJoy

Here I grow again!

So, are you rescheduling for the 19th or 20th or sticking with the 16th? Inquiring mind wanna know.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am in. Its either going to be the 19 or 20 so I am leaning towards the 20 since I will be doing it myself. I will also be using my split ender for the first time so we shall see.

a_shoe_6307

I was planning on shaping up my hair on the 19th anyways when I straightened for the first time this year. So I'm in!

lushlady

Thank you for the link. It is going on my bookmark list. I just happen to have my next hair appointment for March 19. I will read up on this a little more, and if I give it a try it will be on March 19.

lotusdream

I was thinking about cutting my hair according to the lunar phase.
What do they mean by beautifying?- Shinier hair?

lushlady

I have been trying to find what beautifying means in relation to this, but my googling hasn't been successful yet. I'll try again tonight.

countrychickd

I'm in as well! I was planning on doing it then as well, as I have been researching and ran across the same information!

guudhair

I guess I will...I really need it...I'll do it on the 20th...I want to trim myself so I have to find some yt videos...anyone have any video suggestions?...what kind of scissors should I get?...and is it best to trim on wet or dry hair?

sqzbly1908

I want to do this too...it is much needed as I have not had a trim since mid-December..Just trying to decide if I want to trim or cut into a style....

eta: Made my appt for the 20th...can't wait!

Last edited:

Theresamonet

I think I'm going to wait until April 28-29th. Those are the most beneficial lengthening dates until November. I don't want to have to pass it up because I trimmed this month. And I too would like to know what their idea of "beautifying" is.

Last edited:

Kellum

I do something like this. I trim my hair during the new moon phase or during certain moons that are good for growth and thickness. I refer to the Zodiac Arts Calendar for my time zone and use the Long Hair Lovers Moon Maintenance to see what certain moons mean. My last dust was during last weekend during the Pisces moon. That moon is good for faster growth as well as increased thickness.

http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html
http://www.zodiacarts.com/whatsup/Calendars/ct/Calendar.shtml