Lunar Moon for Lengthening Hair (Dec. 3 to 5th)

goodmorningruby

This is interesting, and I have studied astrology extensively, but I think I'll just be cutting/trimming/dusting my hair when it tells me it's time. Ladies that are new to this concept, let us know how this routine works out for you.

Joyful1

Fascinating. My grandmother used to cut our hair on the New Moon. I think my mom still does this. It's worth a try.

Kellum

Thanks Lylddlebit for the information it is very interesting. I plan on trimming my hair on Dec. 16th. That will be a new moon for me as well as the Capricorn moon which is good for faster hair growth.

Taina

I never believed in this :nono: i don't know, that seem like an urban fairytales for me.

Theresamonet

So since I live in a central time zone should I be triming on the new moon (Dec. 16) or Dec. 3-5 according to the chart listed in the op. I would like to do this but I am confused by what schedule I should be on.

Lylddlebit

This sounds like a load of pagan hooey to me.

Being well versed in different subjects doesn't make me love my savior any less. If anything it validates who he is...if spiritual correction is needed, love works better than negativity.

Last edited:

maxineshaw

Being well versed in different subjects doesn't make me love my savior any less. If anything it validates who he is...if spiritual correction is needed, love works better than negativity.

What does even that mean, and how does that relate to my post? My opinion of cutting your hair based on the phases of the moon is that it's a load of pagan hooey (read: astrological nonsense). Now, if you're implying that I'm purposely being negative with my use of the word pagan, I'm not. A spade is a spade.

MonaRae

Valuble information. Thank you Kellum for starting the topic and thank you Lylddlebit for sharing your knowledge. :up::up:

Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

Genesis 14:1
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

This bible speaks of planting seasons and these were determined by the phases of the moon, etc. God created the moon and stars and they keep time and seasons for us for a reason. God certainly doesn't need the moon to keep track of time and it seems this scripture backs up using the moon phases to our benefit. The wise men looking for baby Jesus were stargazers, too.

I don't trim according to the moon, but to do so doesn't seem to go against God's word unless you're trying to practice some sort of black magic and do evil.

All of this is IMHO, of course. *as I slowly back out of thread*

Kellum

I am SO confused, can anyone tell me when to cut? I live in New York.

Go to to http://www.zodiacarts.com/whatsup/Calendars/ct/Calendar.shtml
Choose your time zone.
Look for the new moon. You should cut your hair during the new moon for lengthening.

Also check http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html to make sure that the day you are cutting is not conflicting with another moon that will cancel out your efforts.

Valuble information. Thank you Kellum for starting the topic and thank you Lylddlebit for sharing your knowledge. :up::up:

You're welcome.

Between what phases of the moon should we be cutting?

So since I live in a central time zone should I be triming on the new moon (Dec. 16) or Dec. 3-5 according to the chart listed in the op. I would like to do this but I am confused by what schedule I should be on.

I am using the Moon Maintenace as well as the Moon Phase Calendar to determine when I will trim my hair. According to the Moon Phase Calendar for CST the new moon will be on the 16th of Dec.

Use http://www.zodiacarts.com/whatsup/Calendars/ct/Calendar.shtml and http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

Lylddlebit

My bad in contributing to veering the thread off topic. The sites posted are a really good place to start for those who want to try the lunar trimming out. If go to the natal site and instead of typing in your birthday type in the date time and location of when you want to trim. It will display a table of how things will be aligned astrologically for that event. Then you can look at the lunar calendar to see the phases of the moon, and the zodiac descriptions to see the moon sign for the event you typed in align with what you are aiming for.

Kellum

My bad in contributing to veering the thread off topic. The sites posted are a really good place to start for those who want to try the lunar trimming out. If go to the natal site and instead of typing in your birthday type in the date time and location of when you want to trim. It will display a table of how things will be aligned astrologically for that event. Then you can look at the lunar calendar to see the phases of the moon, and the zodiac descriptions to see the moon sign for the event you typed in align with what you are aiming for.

No need to apologize. I thank you for bring your insight into the thread. I find this very interesting.

tnorenberg

Genesis 14:1
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

This bible speaks of planting seasons and these were determined by the phases of the moon, etc. God created the moon and stars and they keep time and seasons for us for a reason. God certainly doesn't need the moon to keep track of time and it seems this scripture backs up using the moon phases to our benefit. The wise men looking for baby Jesus were stargazers, too.

I don't trim according to the moon, but to do so doesn't seem to go against God's word unless you're trying to practice some sort of black magic and do evil.

All of this is IMHO, of course. *as I slowly back out of thread*

Maybe ya'll city folk can't relate to this much, but any one from the country or farming community live and die by this. This is what grows the food that sustains us as a country and every other country too. It is only fitting to understand that EVERYTHING on God's green earth is interconnected. Thanks for breaking it down like that girl.

Theresamonet

I am using the Moon Maintenace as well as the Moon Phase Calendar to determine when I will trim my hair. According to the Moon Phase Calendar for CST the new moon will be on the 16th of Dec.

Use http://www.zodiacarts.com/whatsup/Calendars/ct/Calendar.shtml and http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

So should I be cutting specifically during the new moon or should I be cutting when the moon is in a favorable sign sometime between the new moon and the full moon (rising)?

Kellum

So should I be cutting specifically during the new moon or should I be cutting when the moon is in a favorable sign sometime between the new moon and the full moon (rising)?

You should trim on a new moon basically. Check out the links below for your time zone to see when it begins. The new moon begins for me since I am CST on Dec. 16th until Dec. 24th. The Capricorn moon also begins on the 16th. I have read that the Capricorn moon is good for faster hair growth as well. Hopefully I will get a double whammy of really good growth.

If the new were to begin on the 16th and so did the Sagittarius moon you wouldn't trim then. You would basically be canceling out your efforts. HTH

Read the info at the links. It is easier to understand.

To read about the zodiac signs in the moon phase:
http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

Moon Phase Calendar
http://www.zodiacarts.com/whatsup/Calendars/ct/Calendar.shtml

Theresamonet

Read the info at the links. It is easier to understand.

To read about the zodiac signs in the moon phase:
http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

Moon Phase Calendar
http://www.zodiacarts.com/whatsup/Calendars/ct/Calendar.shtml

I did read the links very thoroughly, but there are a lot of things that can be conflicting.

like:

Moon Void of Course
The Void of Course Moon indicates nothing to worry about or nothing will happen. If you begin a project during this time, it may not succeed or ever develop; decisions made may never be acted upon. Disturbing news heard at this time may not be worth worrying about. This is a good time to gather information while detaching from the outcome. The void period ends when the moon enters the next sign.

The moon will be VOC 5 times between Dec. 16-24 including on the 16th & 24th :sad:... That coupled with the days where the moon will be in unfavorable zodiac signs will leave 3 days (17th, 22nd & 23rd) when hair cutting will achieve length.

Is this correct or am I making this complicated?

Kellum

I did read the links very thoroughly, but there are a lot of things that can be conflicting.

like:

Moon Void of Course
The Void of Course Moon indicates nothing to worry about or nothing will happen. If you begin a project during this time, it may not succeed or ever develop; decisions made may never be acted upon. Disturbing news heard at this time may not be worth worrying about. This is a good time to gather information while detaching from the outcome. The void period ends when the moon enters the next sign.

The moon will be VOC 5 times between Dec. 16-24 including on the 16th & 24th :sad:... That coupled with the days where the moon will be in unfavorable zodiac signs will leave 3 days (17th, 22nd & 23rd) when hair cutting will achieve length.

Is this correct or am I making this complicated?

I don't know really. I am still a beginner at this. All I know is the new moon begins on the 16th and so does the Capricorn moon. Maybe someone a little more advance can break that down for you.

Theresamonet

I don't know really. I am still a beginner at this. All I know is the new moon begins on the 16th and so does the Capricorn moon. Maybe someone a little more advance can break that down for you.

Okay, I guess I'll just wait...but now I'm paranoid that if I don't follow this chart, and I cut on a decreasing moon I will stunt my hair growth :perplexed:ohwell::lachen:.

Sonye93

THANKS SOOO MUCH KELLUM!!!
Okay, I think I figured it out! I am going to cut on the 23, because it is between the new moon and full moon (not full moon and new moon) and it is a Pisces day, which is excellent for cutting hair!

Theresamonet

THANKS SOOO MUCH KELLUM!!!
Okay, I think I figured it out! I am going to cut on the 23, because it is between the new moon and full moon (not full moon and new moon) and it is a Pisces day, which is excellent for cutting hair!

I was thinking of cutting on this day too. It seems to be the safest :yep:.

Kellum

Now ya'll got me wondering if I should just wait until the 17th of Dec to trim. I will still be in the new moon, and there won't be a VOC moon on that day. That may be safer for me too.