Lunar Moon for Lengthening Hair (Dec. 3 to 5th)

ladybuddafly

I really hope you guys come back and tell us if you notice a difference with this method of cutting. I'm thinking you will, but I'd like confirmation.

Hysi

I've heard of this too, but have never applied this to a trimming schedule. I've always trimmed when I needed it and my growth has done great (b4 I bc'd).I've always had fast growing hair. Maybe it just fell on some of those days? But it can't hurt to try it. So for us CST when should we be trimming? I was going to do it tomorrow, but I think I'll wait to see if we will have a "moon" coming soon, lol.

@ Kellum: i'm central too- so when is the ideal date to cut our hair? 12/23?? idk, confused now with the voc????

Last edited:

Lady Esquire

YES......I always trim (dust) according to this, infact I was actually just talking to my sister about this we are planning to get our trimming in during this time. I think of it this way, "There is a time and a season to everything under the sun." Just like there is a planting season for vegetables, and a harvesting season. There is a cutting season even for roses that will make them grow back thicker.......... hair is the same thing.
mmmm. There's an old poster Phoenixx something, who had the longest hair and her own site. She swore by this method. I have never given it much thought, but your whole rose analogy, maybe, ionno.

Kellum

I've heard of this too, but have never applied this to a trimming schedule. I've always trimmed when I needed it and my growth has done great (b4 I bc'd).I've always had fast growing hair. Maybe it just fell on some of those days? But it can't hurt to try it. So for us CST when should we be trimming? I was going to do it tomorrow, but I think I'll wait to see if we will have a "moon" coming soon, lol.

@ Kellum: i'm central too- so when is the ideal date to cut our hair? 12/23?? idk, confused now with the voc????

I plan on doing my trim on 12/17 because it will still be withing the new moon and there won't be any conflicting moon on that day as well.

I really hope you guys come back and tell us if you notice a difference with this method of cutting. I'm thinking you will, but I'd like confirmation.

I will definitely keep track and see if it works or not and report back.

Victorian

old head
I plan on doing my trim on 12/17 because it will still be withing the new moon and there won't be any conflicting moon on that day as well.

I'm planning to trim on the 17th as well. We'll see how this goes. I normally get slower growth in the winter, so hopefully this technique will help keep things moving along in the cold months.

Kellum

Could someone please explain VOC?

I PMed Lylddlebit and asked her about the VOC and here is what she told me.

"You should be fine if you have evaluated everything else. Void of course moons last a few hours maximum. What it basically is, is the transitioning from one aspect/sign sign to the next, but it tends to stay in each moon sign for a couple of days...if your on the cusp just wait a few hours or a day. (that is a general answer because I am not looking at your specific info)"

Hope that helps some.

ILYandY

Bumping....I'm thinking of doing this on the 14th of this month because I am in need of a trim bad. Anyone have good results.

BlackMasterPiece

This makes about as much sense as a soup sandwich:look:

Patience is a virture people:rolleyes: you hair will grow with consistent healthy hair practices.

ILYandY

This makes about as much sense as a soup sandwich:look:

Patience is a virture people:rolleyes: you hair will grow with consistent healthy hair practices.

LOL at your response.

As for me I always had long hair and when I cut it, it grows back fast but I think there is something to the whole new moon "Philosophy" just based on my faith and beliefs so that's why I am interested in knowing more.

tallnomad

Bumping....I'm thinking of doing this on the 14th of this month because I am in need of a trim bad. Anyone have good results.

I might try this on the 14th with you!

I know T'Keyah Crystal Keymah--the actress who has beautiful natural hair--talks about this in her book. I've always wanted to try this but never did. And, I could use a good dusting.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
:curtain: First, let me say just because I don't understand or practice a thing, doesn't mean that I can't respect another's opinions or belief in it, or that it's wrong.

That disclaimer out of the way, I'm just wondering what trimming has to do with growing. I mean, I'd think trimming was more for retention. Starting a new growth process, I get. But trimming? Can someone enlighten me? I think the thread is interesting. :yep:

flowinlocks

:curtain: First, let me say just because I don't understand or practice a thing, doesn't mean that I can't respect another's opinions or belief in it, or that it's wrong.

That disclaimer out of the way, I'm just wondering what trimming has to do with growing. I mean, I'd think trimming was more for retention. Starting a new growth process, I get. But trimming? Can someone enlighten me? I think the thread is interesting. :yep:

Lol, actually nothing. And you are correct about the retention. I guess this is suppose to be one of those mysteries of the universe that can't be explained.:weird: Maybe this will help.

Zeal

LOL at your response.

As for me I always had long hair and when I cut it, it grows back fast but I think there is something to the whole new moon "Philosophy" just based on my faith and beliefs so that's why I am interested in knowing more.

This is nothing new. My Mom use to always say this to me as a liitle girl. My mother is from the south. The older people always believed in this. Scientifically it makes a lot of since when you think of the moons effect on the earth. Gravity. i actually researched the moons effects scientifically years ago. "Kind" of complicated. Your body has atoms and everything is ona frequency.

This is why "it is said" that sometimes peole start trippin' when it is a full moon.