Lunar Moon for Lengthening Hair (Dec. 3 to 5th)

Kellum

Has anyone trimmed their hair according to the moon? I haven't or at least I wasn't aware that I did. I have heard a lot about it and read about it. According the the Lunar Chart, the optimal dates for cutting your hair if you want to lengthen it is Dec. 3rd to 5th. I have will be getting my trim on the 5th. I want to see if this will make a difference in my growth.

Here is the link to the chart.
https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

I also want to dust next time on the date that is specifically for thickening. My plan is to dust trim on the lengthen and thicken dates only Does anyone know where I can find the 2010 Lunar Chart for Hair?

onejamifan

I've heard of it, but really don't know anything about it. The other thing I had heard was to get a trim on St. Andrew's Day, which just happened to be yesterday. That's supposed to make your hair grow long...

bludaydreamr

I planned in the beginning of my transition to trim on this schedule, but I never really tried it until the last lunar dates Sept 3-5. I can't really tell how much my hair has grown for I was waiting for this weekend to straighten and dust my hair again. The second pic in my siggy is from my last trim.

Kellum

^^ Looks good, let me know after you straighten if you think it made a difference in your growth.

flowinlocks

Actually I don't know if I would follow this chart without checking your time zone. I have always heard that you were suppose to cut your hair while the moon is growing in size. During a waxing cresent. From the New moon to the first quarter for length. During Dec. 3rd thru the 5th for me the moon is wasting away or getting smaller. Cutting then actually slows growth.

http://www.almanac.com/bestdays/timetable

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon-december-2009.phtml

ETA: updated calender

Last edited:

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I remember this tradition...too bad it never worked for me :nono: All I received in return was shorter hair :look:

Kellum

Actually I don't know if I would follow this chart without checking your time zone. I have always heard that you were suppose to cut your hair while the moon is growing in size. During a waxing cresent. From the New moon to the first quarter for length. During Dec. 3rd thru the 5th for me the moon is wasting away or getting smaller. Cutting then actually slows growth.

http://www.almanac.com/bestdays/timetable

http://moonphases.info/moon_phases.html#phases_of_the_moon_calender_2006

What time zone are you in? I'm in the Central Standard Time Zone. Where would I fall?

prettybyrd

I use this as a way to remember to dust my ends. I don't expect hair growth from it, but it's an excellent way to gauge the time between trims/dustings.

Missigirl

YES......I always trim (dust) according to this, infact I was actually just talking to my sister about this we are planning to get our trimming in during this time. I think of it this way, "There is a time and a season to everything under the sun." Just like there is a planting season for vegetables, and a harvesting season. There is a cutting season even for roses that will make them grow back thicker.......... hair is the same thing.

flowinlocks

YES......I always trim (dust) according to this, infact I was actually just talking to my sister about this we are planning to get our trimming in during this time. I think of it this way, "There is a time and a season to everything under the sun." Just like there is a planting season for vegetables, and a harvesting season. There is a cutting season even for roses that will make them grow back thicker.......... hair is the same thing.

This is actually my first time experimenting with this. I actually trimmed a small bit during the new moon in Nov. Tommorrow is a full moon, it is advised to trim on this day for thickness. BTW it looks like it's working for you.:grin:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.

i really like this reason...probably the best reason i've ever heard for following this method.
too bad i'm in a weave.

poookie

oh no! according to the chart, my most recent hair cut (november 19) was during the period for retarding growth! :nono: guess i''ll be doing a bit of trimmin' to even things out!

Missigirl

This is actually my first time experimenting with this. I actually trimmed a small bit during the new moon in Nov. Tommorrow is a full moon, it is advised to trim on this day for thickness. BTW it looks like it's working for you.:grin:

I only trim during the time frame stated on the lunar calendar. I think these are the best days.......thank you for the compliment......

Kellum

Thanks for your help. So if that is true then the Morrocco Method Lunar Chart is not correct. My new moon according to Zodiac Arts site (Thanks Flowinlocks ) site is Dec. 16th to 24th. I will postpone my trim till then.

Rules For Using Moon Phases For Hair Care

Listed below are my personal Moon rules for hair.
To Grow Your Hair Faster

Trim ends during the New Moon or during the First Phase of the Moon when the light of the moon is increasing.
The best astrological signs for faster, longer and healthier hair is the New Moon in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces.
When possible start a hair growth program with the New Moon in one of the most beneficial signs. Start by trimming a tiny bit of hair from your ends during the New Moon or First Phase of the Waxing (increasing) Moon.
These dates are also helpful if you are starting a specific hair growth program and want faster results. This would include starting a hair vitamin program (HairTopia Hair Vitamin Facts) or a new hair healthy diet, exercise, scalp or other hair care program designed to get your hair stronger and longer as quickly as possible.
Trim or cut your hair during the New Moon Phase
To Grow Your Hair Thicker & Fuller

Trim ends during the Full Moon especially when the Full Moon is in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces. The Full Moon in Leo is especially beneficial since Leo is the sign of the Lion which is born with a full lush mane.
Trim or cut your hair during the Full Moon Phase

To Grow Your Hair Slower

Trim ends after the Full Moon when the light is decreasing. This is true during the 3rd and 4th quarters of the Waning Moon. This is especially true when the Moon is in Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius or Aquarius, which also slows growth.
To Grow Hair Bushier

Trim or cut your hair with the Moon in Leo
To Treat Your Hair Chemically (Color or Perm)

Have chemical applications (straightening, relaxing, color, perm) applied during the Moon in Aquarius for the absolute best results.
There are other Moon phases that you can use for hair care. However, at this point I only want to cover the very simple process of cutting the hair for faster, thicker or bushier growth. I have thrown in the chemical processing as a general reference point.
*Greenwich Mean Times

The times provided in this article for the Moon Phases are listed in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
To adjust for your local time refer to a Greenwich Time Table.
As an example during non-Daylight Savings Time in the USA, New York time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) minus 5 hours. During Daylight Savings, it is GMT -4. For Dallas, during non-daylight savings hours it is GMT-5 and GMT-4 for daylight savings times.

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm

Last edited:

Kellum

So yall really think... :look:

GOODLUCK! :yep:

I'm not saying I believe it. I'm just curious. I haven't had a trim since April and I am scheduled for one any how. I figured why not. It is not crazier than some of the stuff we do any how. :spinning:

Lylddlebit

I trim/wax according to the moon...I' will tell u how well it is working at the end of the month..I have been doing it since june. I trim both to the phases of the moon and the sign of the moon and the moon sign... lunar trimming is interconnected may I suggest that anyone who tries it to make sure other aspects don't cancel out what you are aiming for.

Missigirl

I use it on the exact days listed. I don't get into the zodiac signs......... way too much for me to keep up with. All I know is that I am planning on trimming during December 3-5th. I look at it according to the season.

ladybuddafly

I trim/wax according to the moon...I' will tell u how well it is working at the end of the month..I have been doing it since june. I trim both to the phases of the moon and the sign of the moon and the moon sign... lunar trimming is interconnected may I suggest that anyone who tries it to make sure other aspects don't cancel out what you are aiming for.

What other aspects could possibly cancel it out?

This is very interesting to me and since I'm so into this kind of stuff, I am game. This is one bandwagon I don't mind jumping on at all. Now, must go do more research.

Lylddlebit

What other aspects could possibly cancel it out?

This is very interesting to me and since I'm so into this kind of stuff, I am game. This is one bandwagon I don't mind jumping on at all. Now, must go do more research.

A few ppl asked me this in pm after I posted so I will post here.

The lunar sign is just one of many parts of astrology and all the parts of astrology connect to each other... In terms of lunar trimming specifically: time and place effect the lunar sign and where the lunar sign in it's rotation. There are 4 phases of the moon. New moon(time for beginning to start something great to aim for a goal), waxing(growing bigger increasing), Waning(diminishing) and Full(at it's peak or zenith). The new moon and waxing moon are great for trimming because the light is increasing during these phases to positivly effects tides and water(water associated with growing things). So if u wanted you hair to grow trim on new moon and waxing...sometimes waxing is even better than new moon depending on the sign that moon is in. If you want your hair thinner or to grow slower, or stay the same trim in waning or full moon. Example: this month when I trim my hair(December 22/ 12 noon moon in pisces) the new moon will be approaching the waxing moon, so I can take full advantage of the light increasing(encouraging grown and thickness) and the moon in pieces encourages growth in thickness as a fertile zodiac. The new moon works with pisces to increase growth thickness etc...If for example I was going to cut on Dec 16 the moon would be in saggitarius(for my location, the moon depends on your location). The Saggitarius moons slow growth would work against the new moons affect on increasing growth. Many many aspects of astrology are connected to a tangible event...that is why if you merely use piece hoping for replicable results, one often finds astrology inaccurate because an aspect they are ignoring often influences the aspect their attention is on.

Here are links you may find useful

To find what the sign is specifically for your time and place:
http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

To read about the zodiac signs in the moon phase:
http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

To see the phases of the moon:
http://kalender-365.de/lunar-calendar.php