Spinoff: Type 2/3's inspiration pics threads

Ozma

My fav rock gods 1 Robert Plant...who said Andre type 2-3 have to be Black! :grin:

My O.B.D. (original baby daddy):lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

Victorian

old head
If we're posting curly-headed rock gods, then we can't leave out Soundgarden back in the day:

Including my favorite singer of all time (of ALL TIME) : Chris Cornell

And Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria (someone here has him in there avi). His hair is what originally stopped me from channel surfing past MTV once years ago, so I could see who the heck that was :lol:

Fhrizzball

Jessica from saved by the bell

Flight of the Conchords

Gael Monfils French tennis player (was in 08' french open)
His hair may be either 4 or 1 though.

Hillary from Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Lucia

I think the not celebrating 2/3's is b/c the media plays that type up as closer to the ideal straight hair, but people who have 2/3 hair have nothing to do with that, and all types of hair are beautiful all have pros and cons.

For those who think that type 1 hair is so easy and great, I have a yt friend who has thick type 1 hair, she complains all the time that she needs a perm cause she can't curl it, can't style it, and it won't even hold a wave much less curl. Even when she layers on the hairspray and products, yes she has that swing and body and no she doesn't have the flat, thin almost balding straight limp hair. But that's all it does, is lay straight, all the time, if she had 1c with a touch of 2a then it could prob hold a curl, but she's absolutely sick of it. I have a weave type 1 silky and I'm sick of it laying straight and doing nothing, I couldn't even get it, to curl on high heat, it's so frustrating and makes me appreciate my curly pouffy, thick, spongy hair even more. Her hair looks like this woman's hair

Last edited:

Irresistible

oh God

I'm just so friggin confused with these hair types. And I AM dead serious, I see 3 and 4 in my hair when I look at pics, I swear to God I feel that I am a 4 without product and a 3 with, which I dont see how that counts, when I cant wear my hair loose with tons of product??....oh well whatever

I no longer claim a hair type.....I am done

Lord I done been told I 'don't' want to be a 3 now because I cant relate with all these loose bouncy springy curly 3's ......I have heard it all now LOL

But I dont see my hair in these pics

My hair does not do like most of these pics

I'm really starting to think there is another hair type all together and I'm it! LOL

Irresistible

If we're posting curly-headed rock gods, then we can't leave out Soundgarden back in the day:

Including my favorite singer of all time (of ALL TIME) : Chris Cornell

And Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria (someone here has him in there avi). His hair is what originally stopped me from channel surfing past MTV once years ago, so I could see who the heck that was :lol:

Ok someone tell me what exact type these two are?

or is this a mix or something?

song_of_serenity

, I swear to God I feel that I am a 4 without product and a 3 with, which I dont see how that counts, when I cant wear my hair loose with tons of product??....oh well whatever
Do you have a picture of your hair without product? Your hair has the shine and coil of a 3! Maybe it's a mostly 3/slight 4 mixture?? There are so many types smushed together on one head!

Irresistible

Do you have a picture of your hair without product? Your hair has the shine and coil of a 3! Maybe it's a mostly 3/slight 4 mixture?? There are so many types smushed together on one head!
yes from years ago......better yet

a live vid , although I hate the vid, Im'a just go ahead and post it , I am claiming 3c in the Vid but only cause that's what I been told :ohwell:

But you will see in the vid my hair is soaking wet, I mean dripping wet, I really dont see the curls of a 3 and that's even sopping wet , only a little, but really my hair is just poof! but dry w/no product I am no longer a 3 LOL

I say in the vid it's very curly, but I don't really have defined curls at all , just on the ends, or very very tiny coils

I dunno I'm confused, imo my hair is tightly coiled and yes I am serious. I mean in comparison to all the 3 pics I see:spinning:

I have yet to fully find what I truly feel is my total hair twin:drunk: So I haven't typed my hair for myself, only thru what other's say. if that makes sense.......

eta , oops here is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/user/IRRISISTABLBTCH#p/u/13/KdLxlc-zvaQ

Victorian

old head
Ok someone tell me what exact type these two are?

or is this a mix or something?

You know, when I was posting him I was trying to figure out what type he would be :lol:
When it's all wild like in those pics I posted it almost looks like it could be a 4 brushed out, but other times the curl pattern is clearly bigger than a type 4. I don't know...

It's so huuuuge and fluffy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSe8Jqqkkok&feature=channel
I notice it gets less defined when it's longer, and more defined when shorter.

Irresistible

I think the not celebrating 2/3's is b/c the media plays that type up as closer to the ideal straight hair, but people who have 2/3 hair have nothing to do with that, and all types of hair are beautiful all have pros and cons.

For those who think that type 1 hair is so easy and great, I have a yt friend who has thick type 1 hair, she complains all the time that she needs a perm cause she can't curl it, can't style it, and it won't even hold a wave much less curl. Even when she layers on the hairspray and products, yes she has that swing and body and no she doesn't have the flat, thin almost balding straight limp hair. But that's all it does, is lay straight, all the time, if she had 1c with a touch of 2a then it could prob hold a curl, but she's absolutely sick of it. I have a weave type 1 silky and I'm sick of it laying straight and doing nothing, I couldn't even get it, to curl on high heat, it's so frustrating and makes me appreciate my curly pouffy, thick, spongy hair even more. Her hair looks like this woman's hair
Lucia I love that you have NEVER ever been caught up in hair types

Irresistible

You know, when I was posting him I was trying to figure out what type he would be :lol:
When it's all wild like in those pics I posted it almost looks like it could be a 4 brushed out, but other times the curl pattern is clearly bigger than a type 4. I don't know...

It's so huuuuge and fluffy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSe8Jqqkkok&feature=channel
I notice it gets less defined when it's longer, and more defined when shorter.
:lachen::lachen::lachen: girl this mess is confusing to me

I can kinda see my hair in those pics though

thats why I asked

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Oh, I forgot Naveen Andrews.

I liked his hair best when it was really long.

But he's since cut it. It's still nice though.

And straightened:

Iresistible, I don't think you go anywhere on the hair-typing system. But I think alot of people are like that. IMO, Andre left too many holes in his hair typing system.

Last edited:

Bella_Atl

And straightened:

Iresistible, I don't think you go anywhere on the hair-typing system. But I think alot of people are like that. IMO, Andre left too many holes in his hair typing system.

OMG that man is SEXY!!:lick:

Lucia

Lucia I love that you have NEVER ever been caught up in hair types

You're siggy pics are gorgeous BTW.
Yeah and I've kept my sanity too, I tried to type it for a minute then said forgetaboutit.
I know I'm a mixture of diff hair types, races so I don't even try to classify my hair. It's big, curly, kinky pouffy spongy and curls up when washed without product, frizzes when dry and messed with, let Andre type that for me.

I think Andre should have kept his mouth shut actually, we knew there was straight, wavy, curly, kinky and mixtures of them all before he came along. He comes off as a know-it-all, cause there are types 0, 4c, 5a-c and probably a type 6 Andre's not God he doesn't know who all's out there.

jamaraa

I think it depends on the look of the moment. Many of these folks have straightened their hair over the years. Some I had a time of it finding their hair in it's unstraightened state cuz in recent years super straight has been in. In the 80s-90s it wasn't, as so many pics here attest! :grin:

Roger Daltrey in particular went thru a period of time (mod era) where he was bone straight and bleached blonde to fit the look of the times. LOL..he had to go "transition" he'd so radically altered his hair.

I think 2-3 hair types are seen more simply because they are more common in our society whereas 1s and 4s are relatively rare overall. I never thought that type 1 hair was ever idolized.

YankeeCandle

How could I forget Brian May? I had someone else in mind. LOL....amazing how much kinky hair is in the UK! :giggle: I'm just stoked that I have an excuse to bring Rog and Plant to LHCF! Never thought I'd see the day! The Who fan in me forced me...I swear! ;)

Glad there's some rock fans around here!

Yup, big classic rock fan here....what passes for rock in our current musical climate---er, no.

You're forgiven for your egregious oversight of Master May, hmmmph.

And funny note about ("White") British kinksters: my uncle was married to an Englishwoman with a red frizzy mane of tiny little zigzags...I wouldn't even call them curls. It was basically very fine, fly-away and thin Andre-4-ish hair. Well, two of their kids turned out with manes Andre would call 3c/4a: both blonde, though, not red. The funny thing is that when people find out their ethnic mix, they say, "Oh it looks like except for color, you got your father's hair." But the inside joke is that they probably equally if not moreso got it from their mother!

Just saw this thread. I have some pics to share.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2cqg0eo.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/1198q3c.jpg

I think I just had a hair-induced orgasm. These are my curl pattern only each one is about 3x as thick as mine. I HATE HAVING THIN HAIR! I coulda been one of these ladies, I coulda been a contenda....

jamaraa

And straightened:

Naveen AND his hair :lick:!

Tho I posted on this thread, I don't buy into his system at all. It's way too simplistic for any accurate use, IMHO, but I know what people mean aesthetically by type X. I figure they're talking more of a look given the fact that many people have several textures on their head. At the very most, his system describes aesthethics rather than functional as I see it. His system has caused much distress and yet here we are...people who still have to take care of what's on our heads! :grin:

Last edited:

aegis

I think all hair textures are great given the head they're on takes care of it! :giggle: I think we can go to one extreme to celebrate one type because it usually isn't celebrated; however, I don't play that. Beautiful hair is beautiful hair. We have hair like all these shown here w/ the members, so why shouldn't this be celebrated too? Nobody should feel left out, IMHO. :yep:

i don't get it. how are 2s and 3s not celebrated?:ohwell:
i see them in the media all the time. most the people posted are famous. if you got into a thread about people with 4 hair they're not. it's just random models. how many famous women wear their 4b hair in the media? not many. how many with 2-3 hair wear their hair out? many more.

jamaraa

i don't get it. how are 2s and 3s not celebrated?:ohwell:
i see them in the media all the time. most the people posted are famous. if you got into a thread about people with 4 hair they're not. it's just random models. how many famous women wear their 4b hair in the media? not many. how many with 2-3 hair wear their hair out? many more.

Yes, but I'm not talking about "the media"..I'm talking about here. On any thread most of the people I post are famous...why cuz I'm not checking for people's hair in real life. When I post 4s, I post famous ones too! They are mostly men, granted, but famous type 4s aren't all that rare, IMHO. Can only speak for me, but this is the only thread of it's type here in recent memory for me.

Last edited: