OnPoint
songbyrd517
angelk316
Ar010
Thursdaygirl
nurseN98 has successfully transitioned
Boadicea
Cinnabuns

Hi ladies, we have now completed one month of the twelve month challenge, I’d like to know how everybody got on. I’ve been wearing twists and box braids, co washing daily and moisturising with my homemade braid spray. In less than two weeks of having these box braids, I think I’ve achieved at least half an inch already. I also started my vits four weeks ago, they’re definitely working. I felt so inspired yesterday when robin woods showed me a video of her hair she has 7 inches of new growth and wears her hair is braids, I’m never going to slack off with the braids it always works for me. Overall I’ve had a very successful month, I didn’t do any exercise though, so I have to try harder next month,) I have a few new growth pics.

Here are some changes I’ve made to my regime

* Keep my hair braided 24/7
* Daily Conditioner washes with Alberto VO5 Conditioners
* Daily moisturising with my own braid spray (see homemade mixes includes Glycerine, water, Alberto vo5 conditioners)
* Apply surge 14 revitalzer to scalp (daily)
* Taking supplements (L'cysteine, Amino 1500, B-100 complex)
* Drink extra water

ADDITIONAL:

* Dilute shampoo w/de-ionised water/ deep condition (once a week)
* Protein Treatments every 4-6 weeks
* Detangle hair using k-cutter/bone combs after removing protective styles.
* Clarify on, an as needed basis

I've also found some new staple products dark and lovely ultra cholesterol, dry hair healer and aloe vera gel.

Here are some questions:

1. Did anyone else receive a lot growth? (anyone have pics to share,
2. What kind of styles are you guys wearing to aid your progress?
3. Has anyone made any changes to regimes if yes, what?
4. Any challenges/problems faced over the past month?
5. Does anyone have any tips/advice to share?
6. What fast growth techniques/products/regimes are everyone using?

here's my progress compare these pics of my roots to the one in my signature which was done tight, almost two weeks ago, plus look at my shrinkage

has it grown?

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Hi ladies, i started this challenge back in March, its specific too transitioners/naturals and those strecthching relaxers. Anyone can join of you wish. the aim of the challenge is to acheive a lot of growth using growth aids which could be a regime, products, supplements etc.

we have a duty to each other to share ways to help acheive and retain growth. you must state your current regime, supplements, daily nurtition, heat usuage, any fast growth aids and tips and advice....., also some of us will be posting progress pics along the way to help encourage one another.

Last edited:

songbyrd517

Hi Den1 :wave:

1. Did anyone else receive a lot growth? (anyone have pics to share)
As it stands, I do have some growth, but I cannot tell how much. My hair
is braided:

[thread=53549]Braid Pics![/thread]

I have box braids, Robin Woods style. I have had them in for three weeks
tomorrow, and I will wear them for 2 months (they
will come down on May 14, it they can make it that long!).

Nope not yet. I will after I take my braids down. I just Surge twice daily,
take my vitamins, try to drink water and exercise, and wash my braids
every Friday.

I am not really a "braids" person, so it has been a challenge for me to keep
them in even this long. My boyfriend helps me though. I usually do not
keep braids in past 2 weeks. The itching! And I miss my hair :sad:

Whatever you are doing, stick with it, even when it gets rough. You will
reap the benefits in the morning ;)

Surge, vitamins, water, exercise.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
WOW! One month went by fast, didn't it? :shocked:

Anyway, to let you in on my hair so far...

1. I would say that I received a lot of new growth. I'm not sure how much since I don't measure and it would probably be an inaccurate measure since I have spirally new growth that shrinks in length.

2. Styles I've been wearing to aid my progress: rollersets, wig, and bun with phony pony covering over it.

3. Changes I've made to my regime: I've gone back to using shampoo once a week and protein treatments once a month. I've also gotten rid of doing braidouts (too much manipulation and breakage). After 50,000,000 times, I'm not gonna try this style anymore!!! :grin:

4. Challenges/problems I've faced: thin ends with thick roots. Not only are the ends thin, they are damaged (overprocessed and double permanent color treated). I love rollersets! But after a few days, I hate how my hair looks because of my ends on longer lengths of my hair which lose curl and feel fried and dry while the shorter layers of my hair are in good shape. I also hate these weird layers that I'm growing out. So I'm going to get a haircut soon to even out my length. I know it will put me behind as far as length goes, but I want to grow out my hair with health. :yep:

5. Tips and advice: avoid heat, comb/detangle when wet, moisturize, and leave your hair alone as much as possible!

6. For fast growth? I take Super B-Complex and I'm about to take L-Cysteine 500mg once it comes in the mail. I'll be taking 3 a day.

BEST WISHES FOR ALL THOSE ON THIS SPEEDY GROWTH CHALLENGE!!! :yay:

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Den1, your hair is growing so fast! It looks so shiny, thick and healthy. I must admit, I've slacked but I still want to be part of this challenge. I'm gonna get on the ball now. My main issue lately is finding a routine that works for me. I wash or conditioner wash every 1-2 days and I'm looking for a product that will cut down on the frizz a little bit. My coils are usually defined but by the end of the day, my hair is feeling frizzy, dry yet oily. I'm waiting for my Oyin products to arrive before I buy anything else (must fight the PJ urge).

My other problem is HIF disease(hand in fro). I keep on touching my hair...I love the texture but I think I need to stop. In the past couple of days I've started seeing a little more breakage. Not anything dramatic though, just enough for me to notice it.

So I'm going to redo my regimen and stick to it:)
*Wash or conditioner wash every 1-2 days
*Deep condition every other wash
*Clarify w/Nioxin once a month
*Oil scalp daily w/jojoba based oil mixed w/eo's
*On non wash days, use homemade spritz to moisturize
*Take my vitamins and juice everyday
*Work out 4-5 days a week

Products:
*Homemade Black soap shampoo
*Nioxin shampoo
*Nature's Gate conditioners
*Queen Helene's cholesterol
*Lustrasilk cholesterol w/ aloe
*Aubrey GPB
*Home made spritz
*Jojoba oil w/EO
*Daily flax seed oil, biotin, Vitality juice and multivitamin

I'm still looking for a product to leave in to reduce frizzies and keep hair soft but not oily. I have an April update pic in my fotki. Happy hair growing ladies!

Last edited:

Cinnabuns

Yes Poohbear the month did go by fast! :lol:

I'm doing good, but I'm having thoughts of perming Den1, I really don't want to because I love my own natural hair without the chems, but this newgrowth is really kicking me in the rear :lol: Maybe I need to perfect or modify my regimine a bit. :ohwell:

BTW, songbyrd517 your hair is beautiful. :)

Nanyanika

songbyrd517: Your new-growth and braids are so beautiful, keep up with Robin Woods technique it really does work.

Poohbear: yes that month did go by fast, I’ve also updated a little early the official date was suppose to be saturday, I brought it forward because many people aren’t around on the forums at weekends. Good luck on your haircut, I know your very anxious to have your hair all natural!!1 be patient you will, one day. Good luck with the new vits.

nurseN98: For frizz issues… aloe vera gel mixed with cocoa/shea butter helps,,l’oreal taming crème is brilliant too. I love your puff its soo pretty and soft looking.

Cinnabuns: Stay strong girl…., once you find a good regime stick with it, it does take time. Good luck everyone, ready for battle in month 2.

Last edited:

deedabug

i'm on the wagon since i do this anyways lol....throw my name on the list...how many more mths den1??

nite time routine: curly buttercreme with concentration on my ends....also this month im doin surge revitalizer 14 and i finally got some of that surge ultra max....i rub that on my scalp to prevent dryness from the revitalizer 14...

anyways when im done slathering on stuff(my hair has moisture in it also from the daily conditioner wash earlier n the day) i put my hair in six raggedy cornrows or 2 raggedy french braids and sleep with a silk scarf

daytime routine: spray with surge again several hours before i get in the shower for a conditioner wash....i dont know if i should do it after i not

this is my same routine for the 1 mth braid and or surge challenge...my sorry self didnt do braids lol...i cant go thru with it....too much time lol

Nanyanika

Gear yourself up,,Its a 12 month challenge, lol. i love your regime its simple and effective like mine.

deedabug said:
i'm on the wagon since i do this anyways lol....throw my name on the list...how many more mths den1??

nite time routine: curly buttercreme with concentration on my ends....also this month im doin surge revitalizer 14 and i finally got some of that surge ultra max....i rub that on my scalp to prevent dryness from the revitalizer 14...

anyways when im done slathering on stuff(my hair has moisture in it also from the daily conditioner wash earlier n the day) i put my hair in six raggedy cornrows or 2 raggedy french braids and sleep with a silk scarf

daytime routine: spray with surge again several hours before i get in the shower for a conditioner wash....i dont know if i should do it after i not

this is my same routine for the 1 mth braid and or surge challenge...my sorry self didnt do braids lol...i cant go thru with it....too much time lol

sharee

Hey Den1

I would like to jump in on this challenge. I have been transitioning for about 7 months. I recently have been surging and using protective ant-thinning stimulant (in the yellow container). I have seen much progress in my hair getting thicker. I am just trying to slow down and stop the breakage.

deedabug

den1 said:
Gear yourself up,,Its a 12 month challenge, lol. i love your regime its simple and effective like mine.

cool..so for other months im gonna have to come up with other scalp stimulants ;)

candibaby

Lets see.. I've started cowashing my hair twice a week and washing once a week with shampoo. I've been alternating between buns and rodsets for the past month but Sunday I will be betting my own hair cornrowed in the front and back and will be doing the baggie method and wearing a curly puff over it. I'm no longer using Sta Sof Fro, even though I love the stuff-- I switched to Dark N Lovely Citrus Braid spray because it has better ingredients but is still glycerine based. So anyway, I will alternating between cornrows with weave and getting my own hair braided, since I will not be getting singles any time soon.

I still haven't started taking vitamins again and I don't think I will either. I haven't really been paying attention to my hair's length since it shrinks up.. so I don't know if I have had a lot of growth.. I do have quite a bit of wavy new growth though and I love it!

songbyrd517

Cinnabuns said:

BTW, songbyrd517 your hair is beautiful. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :kiss: That just made my day. It was so sweet of you, I really appreciate it. Thank you as well Den1 :wave: I will keep up this method. Hope it works!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Den1,

I changed my regime. I'm no longer airdrying. I will be blowdrying my hair every 2-4 weeks! I couldn't deny that airdrying worked for me any longer. Blowdrying helps me manage the two textures of my hair much better. I will try airdrying once I'm COMPLETELY natural! :antlers:

Nanyanika

Great!!! can't wait to see your progress next month.

Poohbear said:
Den1,

I changed my regime. I'm no longer airdrying. I will be blowdrying my hair every 2-4 weeks! I couldn't deny that airdrying worked for me any longer. Blowdrying helps me manage the two textures of my hair much better. I will try airdrying once I'm COMPLETELY natural! :antlers:

1. Did anyone else receive a lot growth?
i not sure of how much growth b/c i still dont watch/measure my hair

i started this chalenge off with a bun style but now i'm bcak in my instant weave

changes have been just using more shea butter and only using the baggie method at night

the only problems are finding the time to experiment which i sometimes like to do

be gentle and patient

drink looks of water, eat a well balenced diet and take some vitamins , find a nice simple routine that provides total moisturization

OnPoint

hey yall! I glad to see that people are getting some progress. I got progress too. I got my braids re-done about 2 weeks ago, so right now I have about between1/4-1/2 inch growth. I think that L-cystenine has REALLY been helping me. I take about 1500 a day. What I am trying to work on is keep my hair tied at night and increase my water intake.