Speedy Growth Challenge For Transitioners

Nanyanika

I am aware of the SUPER-GROWOUT CHALLENGE and i hope i'm not being out of line by suggesting this. I'm new to transitioning and would like to complete it, within 18 months. it may sound unreaslitic but i want gain a good amount of natural hair before i BC all of the relaxed hair, no TWA for me. I already have 2 inches growth. i will be documenting my progress every month by taking pictures of my newgrowth. I'm not really encouraging people to join, however this is my personal challenge which aims to complete transitioning sooner with extra hair rather than TWA . sorry but i hate short hair on myself. I hope i get people cheering me on.

REGIME
---------

...see CROWN AND GLORY TECHNIQUE ON Growafrohairlong.com)

FAST GROWTH AIDS
--------------------

Shampoos
=========
Once a week using: Creme of Nature, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo, Nexxus Therappe, Keracare Hydrating Detangling,Nioxin Bionutrients Protectives scalp cleanser.

Deep Conditioners
=============
after SHAMPOOING(once a week) Keracare Humecto creme, Lekair cholesterol cream, Motions oil Silk protein, Motions CPR Treatment, ORS Hair Mayonnaise, Joico intensive moisturizer, Nioxin Bionutrients Protectives scalp therapy.

Instant conditioners:
======================
for daily CONDITIONER WASH with Alberto VO5 Conditioners: Free me fressia, Strawberries and cream, Kiwi and Lime Squeeze, Creamy peaches, Split ends.
(will follow when it gets warmer)

SURGE 14 REVITALISER AND S-CURL ACTIVATOR USED DAILY

NUTRITION
--------------

HIGH PROTEIN
LOW CARB FOODS
WATER
DECAFFINATED DRINKS

Amino Acids, B-complex, B5, MSM.

EXCERISE
--------------

BRISK WALKING
AEROBICS
TAE BO

HEAT USUAGE
-----------------

*ABSOLUTELY NO DIRECT HEAT*

i broke my digicam so i will probably be a while b4 show photographic demonstrations of my new growth.

Last edited:
I'm in! So you're going natural now den1? Interesting! :)

Here are my stats... I have 5.5 months of new growth right now and I plan on doing the BC in April 2006 and if I'm not satisfied with the length, I may wait until the fall of 2006...

WINTER/SPRING REGIME:
Clarify & Condition once a week
Styles:
1. Bun covered with weave, apply S-Curl and Citre Shine Gel to edges throughout the week
2. Braid-out - 5-6 braids on damp hair using S-Curl and oil, may secure ends with perm rods or just rubberbands

SUMMER REGIME:
I'm thinking about getting cornrow extensions and wearing them for 3 weeks off, rest 1 week, and so on. If I don't get braids, I'll keep doing the bun thing and will probably conditioner wash more times during the week.

FAST GROWTH AIDS:
I don't have any, but one thing that does contribute to my hair is NatureMade Super B-Complex. :yay:

NUTRITION:
I will be consuming more protein as well and drinking more water and cutting out sugar & caffeine out of my diet. I just started Dana03's plan 3/13/05.

EXERCISE:
Warm up with stretching/jumping jacks, elliptical machine or high step workout for 30 minutes. When it gets warmer, I will jog outside.

HEAT USAGE:
If I ever want to wear my hair down, I will rollerset with large rollers, airdry, then use my Maxiglide to straighten my roots. This will probably be once every 2-3 months or so. ;)

Best wishes to all transitioners! :clap:

Last edited:
I'm in too!

I'm 7 weeks into transitioning with about an inch of new growth. I plan to transition until May 2007, but I will start doing big trims to get rid of the relaxed ends in fall 2006.

I'm getting single braids on April 1, and I will be cleansing my scalp regularly with Sea Breeze (once every 1.5wks) and to cleanse the hair in my braids I will use a braid shampoo. (once every 3 wks). I will moisturize my braids daily with the Bodifier Braid Spray from black earth products. I will keep the braids in for 6-8 weeks, or until my new growth starts looking like taco meat LOL.

SPRING REGIMEN:
I will be in braids for the majority of spring, so see the above. When I'm not in braids I will be cowashing every 2 days. I will use StaSofFro to moisturize my new growth because I know that is the ONLY thing that makes my new growth combable.

SUMMER REGIMEN:
I will be in and out of braids over the summer, this regimen will be the same as the Spring Regimen.

FAST GROWTH AIDS:
I think I may start taking Ultra Nourishair again.

NUTRITION:
I will keep eating lots of meat to get more protein.

EXERCISE:
I'm going to exercise at least ONE day a week.

HEAT USAGE:
I will flat iron once a month, of course that probably wont happen until about May or June, because I wont be out of braids until then.

Good luck everyone!

I'll be the cheerleader :weird: :weird:
I'm actually coming towards the end of my transition. I'll probably chop over spring break (I'm coming up on finals week now...) and will have had an 18 month transition as well.
I also didn't want to chop until I had a decent amount of natural hair. It will still be pretty short to me, but I think it will be long enough for me to be able to deal with it despite my lack of styling prowess.
Good luck to the new transitioners!! :weird:

den1 said:
POOHBEAR GREAT Your IN!!!
Your regime sounds brilliant, its very detailed.
i want to be in....i should be getting extensions pretty soon...

so, you can do a deep conditioner on your hair with the braids in?!?!?! :eek:

i dont know about shampooing every week...that will be a hassle for me because im getting kinky twists so that means the every week i will have throw tons of rollers on the ends and dip them in hot water! im too lazy and busy for that :D

i was thinking about weekly ACV rinses and shampoo every three weeks....does that sound okay??

BlackCardinal Congrats on your successful transition to natural. I saw your pics in the photo gallery, i really adore your natural texture, its beautiful.

candibaby: Glad you decided to join, i'm also doing the braid thing too. your regime sounds BRILL.

Shatani, yes you can deep condition in protective styles, you just dilute with some water, to prevent build-up problems. ACV Rinses sounds fine.

Ladies we'll have a monthly update starting from APRIL:

we'll be discussing any changes/concerns/new ideas/growth progress/tips

If we could all try to take some pics at the end of each month to help monitor progress (you don't have to) but i think it would be very encouraging during our transitions. Measuring can be tricky because of shrinkage etc, I wear cornrows (my real hair). I usually lift the cornrow and measure with a ruler andf see where the newgrowth ends. Its not a defintate measurement but it should be a good estimate. you can alternatively stretch the length, or straighten etc. Feel free to add any other ideas to this challenge.

I would like to join too. Den1 you have been such an role model for me that I would love to work on the same project as you. I really need to get about 3 inches of growth by July. I surely need 2 by June ( I have a wedding to go to) This is what I hope to do until then

Style: single individual braids- C&G method

Weekly: shampoo and condition with Elucence products.
- I will try to work on deep conditioning since ppl in individual braids can do it

3x a week- massage scalp with Frenchees- they say it works and I really need the growth so I will try being "stinky" for a month, and then see where it goes from there.

daily- surge

Vitamins- GNC's MSM and L cystenine- Den 1 I saw your question on where to purchase this product, I got mine at my local health food store

Diet: Try going back to 1.5 litres of water daily
- take in more protein ( focus more on eggs)
- 2 oz of carrot juice daily- I love this stuff

I think that is it, if I have any more updates I will let y'all know. I will make sure to check in! Which date of April, the first or the end of the month?

does the crown and glory technique say to do the protein tx BEFORE removing your braids, or did i read that incorrectly????

Hey Onpoint, welcome to the club, glad you could join us, makes me feel really happy to be viewed as a role model, thanks. Oh and i see your also doing the C & G method...i've had so much success with this. i'll sure you'll get those 3 inches by July, judging by your routine. Deep conditioning the braids shouldn't be a problem, i just dilute mine or lighly coat it on my cornrows. the check will be the 9th April and thereafter. I'll post a new thread to keep track. i know we can do this. Good luck.

I finally managed to find an l'cysteine supplement online thanks for your help.

Shatani said:
does the crown and glory technique say to do the protein tx BEFORE removing your braids, or did i read that incorrectly????

No the c& g doesn't mention anything about doing protein treatments, Robin only suggests using lekair cholesterol or a good protein conditioner every week. I personally use a protein conditioner every 3 weeks i.e. Affirm sustenance or 5 in 1. when i remove braids i perform a hardcore treatment with Aphogee.

Shatani said:
thanks den! thats my plan too!! protein before i braid and protein after i braid...

Yep, thats exactly what i do, lekair cholesterol contains a small amount of collagen, its not sufficient enough to keep the hair strong to prevent breakage in-between wearing braids and especially if you have chemicals on the hair like myself.

This is wonderful guys! I am transitioning as well, but I do not want to do the big chop, so I'm in! I am now 13 weeks into my transition and I only have about an inch of new growth :sad: (at least from what I can tell). I want to transition until my natural hair is almost brastrap length (at least) and then I will cut off any remaining relaxed ends. Right now, I just wash once a week with Creme of Nature Shampoo, and deep condition with Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil. During the week, I CW once-twice a week with Creme of Nature Conditioner, and when my hair needs protein, I use Aphogee 2-Minute Keratin Reconstructor.

Styling Products:

Kemi-Oyl
Fantasia IC Hair Polisher (Concentrate)
Cantu Shea Soft Break-Cure
Parnevu Shining Conditioning Gel
Fantasia IC Straightening Serum
Dax Marcel Wax (only a tiny bit when flat ironing)

I am about to start using Surge Hair Revitalizer, but my BSS won't have any more in until the end of the week.

Style:
Starting this week, I will try to keep my hair in a ponytail or bun - no heat. I will blow dry and flat iron my hair no more than twice a month until I am able to get braids. Then I will use the Crown & Glory Technique to care for my hair in braids for the rest of the spring and summer. I'll get my braids as soon as I can afford it ;)

Growth Aids:
The Vitamin Shoppe Skin, Hair, & Nails
The Viatmin Shoppe Biotin
Futurebiotics Super Silica Complex
Scalp Massage
Surge (as soon as I get it)

My hair does not seem to be growing very quickly (as you can see), and I want to speed up my growth. Does surge really work guys? Does it speed up growth without changing your hair texture (making it more coarse)? Any responses are welcome, and I need help with my regimine to make it the most effective it can be for health and growth. What do you all think?

Hey we have another challenger!!! your regime sounds great. so are you going to alternate between different protective styles buns/braids etc throughout your transition? This is exactly what i'm doing. I hope to have at least below shoulder of natural hair before doing the big chop. Have you ever heard of HF37 its aminos/b-vits, my hair used to grow slow like 1/4-1/2 per month and when i began taking this in 2002-2003 my growth rate hit 1 inch a month and sometimes more, i didn't retain the length because i didn't know about hair care until i joined LHCF. this product became too expensive for me to continue so i went to my local health shop and purchase Amino acid/b-complex and i received the same results. L'cysteine a non essential amino acid speeds up growth, you can either buy it or eat protein rich fods which contains it like eggs, chicken, fish etc. I've just ordered the supplement online, i've tried it before and i got 1 3/4 inch in a month, i was also doing daily rinsing and weraing cornrows. if you peek at my natural hair photo's you'll see i went from below shoulder length to near waist length within six months. i texturized and had a mishap with underprocessing/overprocessing by diffrent stylists, i suffred dryness and breakage, but i still managed to grow my hair back quickly see my texturized album. During the time i stopped using vits i used surge 14 revitalizer and it grew my hair fast especially when i apply it to freshly washed hair/ i also did the c& g technique.. A lot of women here have had some success with this product. I've just started my vitamin plan again, to help quicken my transition.
Good luck!!!!

songbyrd517 said:
This is wonderful guys! I am transitioning as well, but I do not want to do the big chop, so I'm in! I am now 13 weeks into my transition and I only have about an inch of new growth :sad: (at least from what I can tell). I want to transition until my natural hair is almost brastrap length (at least) and then I will cut off any remaining relaxed ends. Right now, I just wash once a week with Creme of Nature Shampoo, and deep condition with Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil. During the week, I CW once-twice a week with Creme of Nature Conditioner, and when my hair needs protein, I use Aphogee 2-Minute Keratin Reconstructor.

Styling Products:

Kemi-Oyl
Fantasia IC Hair Polisher (Concentrate)
Cantu Shea Soft Break-Cure
Parnevu Shining Conditioning Gel
Fantasia IC Straightening Serum
Dax Marcel Wax (only a tiny bit when flat ironing)

I am about to start using Surge Hair Revitalizer, but my BSS won't have any more in until the end of the week.

Style:
Starting this week, I will try to keep my hair in a ponytail or bun - no heat. I will blow dry and flat iron my hair no more than twice a month until I am able to get braids. Then I will use the Crown & Glory Technique to care for my hair in braids for the rest of the spring and summer. I'll get my braids as soon as I can afford it ;)

Growth Aids:
The Vitamin Shoppe Skin, Hair, & Nails
The Viatmin Shoppe Biotin
Futurebiotics Super Silica Complex
Scalp Massage
Surge (as soon as I get it)

My hair does not seem to be growing very quickly (as you can see), and I want to speed up my growth. Does surge really work guys? Does it speed up growth without changing your hair texture (making it more coarse)? Any responses are welcome, and I need help with my regimine to make it the most effective it can be for health and growth. What do you all think?

Last edited:
I am in. During the transition I will be getting a weave every six weeks. I will take it out and let my hair breath for 3 weeks in protective style(buns), then it will be back in a weave style for 6 more weeks. I will rotate like that.

Products
Shampoos:
Clarifying:?
Moisturizing: Motions lavish conditioning shampoo, motions herbals, keracare hydrating detalngling

Conditioners
moisturizing conditioner: Motions moiture plus, motions herbals conditions, keracare conditioner
deep conditioner: Motions CPR, Motions oil moiterizer, lekair

Other
Moisterizer: UBH(looking for an alternative), Root organics oilive oil
Oil: Carrot Oil, WGO, lusters gloss
grease: sulfer 8, glovers

Hey Den1 a quick question
What exactly were you doing- and I mean step by step proces- when your hair went from shoulder to waist in 6 months? (I really mean step by step- the vitamins, products, hairstyles- EVERYTHING)

thanks

OnPoint said:
Hey Den1 a quick question
What exactly were you doing- and I mean step by step proces- when your hair went from shoulder to waist in 6 months? (I really mean step by step- the vitamins, products, hairstyles- EVERYTHING)

thanks

Here is the info-- forgive me if i've left anything out

VITAMINS
---------
FIRST i begun HF37/ switched to Amino 1500 6 a day/B-complex two a day (i found when i took higher amounts, sometimes i exceeded an inch)

later introduced Health Aid MSM, now Fo-ti, solgar Zinc, Quest multi-nutrients, iron (for anemia) and Kelp, these kept my hair growing healthier/thicker, but didn't necessarily notice difference in faster growth when taking higher amounts. I began taking brewers yeast because i heard it contained aminos too, but decided to stop as i didn't notice a diffrence. the very last vitamin i introduced was L'cysteine i really noticed a diffrence i achieved 1 3/4 in a month, i remember this because i was on a growth challenge with JAZZANGEL another member on LHCF but she doesn't post often.

IMHO the HF37 Replica/ and l'cysteine made the most difference in terms of grow/elasticity of my hair.

DIET/EXERCISE
-----------
I did Tao Bo daily and went to the gym 1-2 a twice. i was also trying to lose weight at the time. i was also on a slimming world plan--eating protein, lower fats and low carbs.

MAIN Products:
------------
Shampoos: CON, Aphogee shampoo, Motions CPR Shampoo,Nexxus Aloe Rid Clarifying shampoo,Nexxus Diametress Luscious hair thickening shampoo.

Conditioners: Lekair cholesterol creme, Keracare humcto creme, Motions CPR Treatment.

NOTE:
--------
I introduced Nexxus Humectress Ultimate moisturising conditioner, Motions Moisture Plus conditioner, Doo Gro Deep down penetrating Conditioner, however i stopped using them, i didn't like motions/doo gro anymore and i found humectress too expesive. The above ones i used more regular in my regime.

Leave-ins: Aphogee leave in, Infusium 23

Reconstructors: Aphogee two minutes intensive reconstructor, Aphogee treatment.

Moisturisers/oils:profectiv Roothealth, Profectiv Breakfree, Elasta QP Mango Butter, Wild Growth hair oil or Castor oil (to seal in moisture) African Pride braid sheen spray for braids, cornrows. olive oil for hot-oil treaments.

TIPS
------
I always wore protective styles constantly/ braids/cornrows and always airdried my hair. I used wide tooth comb and only combed my hair after two months of wearing braids.

natural hair journey (step-by-step) how i achieve near waistlength
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I was natural for 25 years and began my hair growth journey in July 2002. Since December 2002, I made a commitment to follow the Crown and Glory technique, devised by author of growafrohairlong website Robin Woods, her hair regime employs the application of braid extensions, worn 1-2 months at a time.

Once a week, I shampoo my braids with Revlon Crème of nature detangling conditioning Shampoo, Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair or Motions CPR Treatment shampoo. I add two capfuls of shampoo diluted in a large cup of warm water. On the last rinse, I pour cool water over the braids to close hair cuticle.

Afterwards, the braids are thoroughly saturated with African Pride braid sheen spray for moisture and infusium 23 Original for damaged /unmanageable to fortify the hair. After two months with the assistance of my sister, I remove the extensions with Black & Beautiful Braid Repair Serum, this eases the removal process and reduces damage to hair.

As each braid is removed, I take my time and separate hair with fingers first and add more braid serum to loosen the coils enough to comb through, starting from the ends. I never detangle large sections, just one braid section at a time, this may appear time consuming, but it makes a huge difference in hair loss and breakage.

I pour a hot oil treatment with Extra Virgin Olive oil over my hair before detangling again. I section-off and comb through. I usually do braids and cover with a plastic cap for 30 minutes. I make 4 large twists and cover with a plastic cap for 30 minutes.

I proceed with Nexxus Aloe Rid Clarifying shampoo, excellent for removing impurities from the entire hair structure. It is very gentle and purifying formula leaving my tresses refreshingly soft and fluffy. Please refer to www.growafrohairlong.com for the braid regime and shampooing and conditioning technique.

Clarifying shampoos must only be use once every four-six weeks to extract build-up, my regular maintenance shampoos are Crème of nature, Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair, Nexxus Diametress Luscious hair thickening shampoo or Motions CPR Treatment shampoo however this varies on a week-to-week basis, depending on the condition of my hair.

Wearing braids for that length of time can be rather demanding on the health of the hair, especially the ends. At this stage I unloose twists individually to add a protein reconstructor called Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair.

I apply generously with a tint brush and work the product into the roots with my fingers. I twist sections of hair and blow-dry on warm until hair is hard ideally an hour. While the hair is drying I do not manipulate because it becomes extremely hard. Lastly, I re-wet hair and thoroughly rinse out the treatment.

Its primary purpose entails bonding to hair shaft wherein the rebuilding process commences. Other protein treatments, includes Aphogee Intensive two-minute reconstructor or Motions CPR Treatment conditioner.

Aphogee treatment for damaged hair: this product requires professional use only, and is used in extreme cases of breakage and rebuilds hair structure for six weeks. I towel blot and loose out sections of hair and carefully apply the product from root to tip, I comb blend for an even distribution, It may be advisable to use latex gloves and protect your clothing before proceeding with this treatment, as the product’s gummy consistency which bonds to hands and stains clothes.

Finally I re-twist sections of hair and blow dry on warm until hair is hard. While the hair is drying I do not manipulate because it becomes extremely hard. Lastly, I re-wet hair and thoroughly rinse out the treatment (Rinse out).

To combat any potential signs of dryness resulting from the excess protein, I select from a list favourite moisturising conditioners, to supplement and restore hair’s normal acid PH by infusing balance moisture levels into the hair shaft, they are, Keracare Humecto crème conditioner, Nexxus Humectress Ultimate moisturising conditioner or Motions Moisture Plus conditioner, Doo Gro Deep down penetrating Conditioner, Le Kair Cholesterol strengthening and conditioning crème for 60 minutes.

I undo twists and use ample amount of Infusium 23 or Aphogee Leave-in conditioner, Wild Growth hair oil or Castor oil, paying particular attention to the ends. I use gently comb through with a wide-tooth comb starting at the ends, using a supporting hand to grip the hair and lie flat to lessen stress and re-tangling hair. If there is any resistance I put down my comb and separate with my fingers again.

The sections of hair are re-twisted, I inspect the ends for splits, the unruly ends are noticeable because they have a dry and frizzy appearance a barber scissors is used for the trim. I trim the ends of my twists. If you decide to trim your own hair purchase this measuring comb visit http://www.hair-style-cutting-care-combs.com/

I begin the ends sealing technique by placing foil around the twisted hair sections, then meticulously clamp over with a flat iron for 5 seconds, this locks in moisture down to the cortex. It really has helped alleviate dryness on the ends. I wear a satin scarf to air-dry. Products are constantly changing based on the various phases of the condition, style and texture of my hair. See Robin’s ends sealing technique at www.growafrohairlong.com

The daily maintenance of my current protective styles (cornrows or twists) entails, washing hair twice a week and using creamy moisturizers such as Profectiv Breakfree or Profectiv Root health, I smooth it on from roots to tips, it defines a very curly pattern on my ends, I love the way my hair feels, pliable and soft. Occasionally, I apply Elasta QP, Mango Butter moisturizer and oils for silky feeling ends.

After taking down braids washing/conditioing hair I return to the braiding method for 2 months/ i wait about 2-3 days before having my hair cornrowed again.

Things i feel have contributed to growth rate is---supplements like aminos, b vits/, diet/high protein low carbs and lots of exercise. The protective styles/wash routines helped me retain the length.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENTLY : I've ordered some L'cysteine, I'm now taking Amino 1500, B-complex and Pantothenic Acid, Tahitian noni juice. i currently have gained 2 inches at the back sections of my head and 1 inch at the front in the last four weeks, i also keep my hair cornrowed/twisted/surge daily/do cws/ shampoo/deep condition every week. i use a reconstructor every 3-6 weeks. that's it, i think. (see my Fotki journal for my exstensive rgime)

HTHS

Den1

Last edited:
I will join too. I've been transitioning for 9 months now but I dont plan on measuring at all untill I feel that my hair looks like it's to armpit lenght. Measuring is too frustrating for me; the less I watch my hair the less anxious I'll be. No BC for me either I love long hair too much so the relaxed ends are just chillin' below my natural hair. I guess what I do will be a mini chop to natural.

current weekly regime(it's prone to change b/c I am going through an experimental phase with new products): pre-poo, shampoo/acv, deep-condition, rollerset, baggie, place fall

I will start conditioner washes again when it gets warmer and I will start taking Hairtopia again.

OK the speedy growth challengers are as follows:

Den1
Poohbear
Candibaby
Shatani
OnPoint
songbyrd517
angelk316
Ar010
Thursdaygirl
nurseN98
Boadicea

The next update has been brought forward to Thurs 7TH April. I've just realised that the 9TH April is a Saturday and i know that people don't post frequently on Weekends.

Last edited:
Count me in too. I'm working on my regime... but right now, I am washing 1-2 times per week (mostly CW, occasional clarifying because I have hard water :ohwell: ). I am taking CountryLife Maxihair vitamins and iron (anemia) and as soon as lent is over, I will start increasing the amt. of protein that I eat. I dance about 2-3 hours (on avg.) 5 days a week, so that's my exercise.

Den1 and everybody, I'm pulling for ya! Is it too late for me to join? I want to start keeping track since I'm gonna BC around my birth day (May). By then it will have been 19 months transitioning. I'm getting tired of these ends.

My weekly regimen will include:
Wash hair w/black soap every 4 days, deep condioning for at least 30 min.
Alternatately do Con. washes in between the 4 days...so I will be wetting my hair every other day.

After washing, I usually do a bun or put in braids for a braidout.

Products:
Black soap
Rosewater spritz leave-in
Homemade shea cream
Neutragena clarifying shampoo for once a month clarification
Conditioners (too many to name...lol)

ETA: I've started working out as well, I'm doing Tae-Bo and a Brazilian workout tape. Trying to get in at least 4 times a week.

Last edited:
My last relaxer was 12/19/04. I'm either going to transition past my wedding date (6/1/05) or chop some time soon after. I haven't decided yet. But it'll be six months, a good enough amount of time to have some growth.

I have about an inch all around right now.

SPRING REGIMEN:
I wash my hair a random amount every week. Between 2-5 days a week. It really depends on what I feel like doing with my hair and how much time I have.

I wash with Phytojoba shampoo, condition with Suave Milk & Honey, and dep condition once or twice a week with Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment or A3MMRD. I then add my leave-ins, and put my hair in a bun or braided bun. Some times I leave it in a ponytail.

SUMMER REGIMEN:
Same as Spring

FAST GROWTH AIDS:
None

NUTRITION:
Protein shake once a day

EXERCISE:
Krav Maga (1.5 hr twice a week)
belly dance (1 hr twice a week)
assor. dance (1 hr once a week)
Total Gym Platinum (1 hr 4 days a week)

HEAT USAGE:
Pretty much non-existent.

Thanks for the reply den1. I am going to take your plan and try to personalize it. I have the l-cysteine, however the h757 is wayyyyyyy out of my budget. However if I am not seeing much growth from now until June- I mean 2 inches more to bring me at 11 inches root to tip- then I will be tempted to get it because I really need the 3 inches by june/july. Thank you so much for your explanation. I am doing a deep conditioner with motions now!

OnPoint said:
Thanks for the reply den1. I am going to take your plan and try to personalize it. I have the l-cysteine, however the h757 is wayyyyyyy out of my budget. However if I am not seeing much growth from now until June- I mean 2 inches more to bring me at 11 inches root to tip- then I will be tempted to get it because I really need the 3 inches by june/july. Thank you so much for your explanation. I am doing a deep conditioner with motions now!

I hope you will find my natural hair regime helpful. I also couldn't afford HF37 anymore, so i switched to another brand which is far cheaper and very affordable and the best part of it is, that i got better results because its even more potent than HF37. If you inco-operate a healthy diet with lean protein, good fats, less starch, water, vegetables and fruits i'm certain you'll see an increase in hair growth/health. Good-luck and to the new ladies that have just joined welcome, and i hope we can learn a lot from each-other and have great fun on this challenge.

I'm in on this challenge I'm unsure of what my staples will be once my new growth comes out but when I figure it out I'll post. It's been three months since my last relaxer and I have about an inch and a half of new growth. I will be doing toning and cardio three times a week for my exercise. My supplements are Centrum multi-vitamin, B-Complex, Flaxseed, and EPO. I will be drinking 70 oz. of water a day and eating plenty of protein and dark green vegetables. My protective style right now is braids but some of my other styles will be braid outs, buns, phony ponies, and instant weaves.

den1 said:
I hope you will find my natural hair regime helpful. I also couldn't afford HF37 anymore, so i switched to another brand which is far cheaper and very affordable and the best part of it is, that i got better results because its even more potent than HF37. If you inco-operate a healthy diet with lean protein, good fats, less starch, water, vegetables and fruits i'm certain you'll see an increase in hair growth/health. Good-luck and to the new ladies that have just joined welcome, and i hope we can learn a lot from each-other and have great fun on this challenge.

what is the name of the new/cheaper brand. I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

OnPoint said:
what is the name of the new/cheaper brand. I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

the brand i take is called: Holland/Barratts BODY FORTRESS Amino 1500. i purchase mine from http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/Categories.asp?xs=E4FC64029F104EEAAF4AE81DDD511D49&CID=2

take a look at this comparsion between the two supplements.

HF37 serving size 6 tablets

L-Isoleucine 200mg
L-Leucine 320mg
L-Lysine 100mg
L-Methionine 240mg
L-Phenylalanine 280mg
L-Threonine 200mg
L-Tryptophan 53mg
L-Valine 280mg
L-Aspartic Acid 240mg
L-Serine 184mg
L-Glutamic Acid 692mg
L-Proline 328mg
L-Glycine 84mg
L-Alanine 104mg
L-Cystine 346mg
L-Tyrosine 109mg
L-Histidine 85mg
L-Arginine 126mg

then look here Holland/Barratts BODY FORTRESS Amino 1500
/i calculated the total mg of 6 serving size. the milligrams are far higher and there's a better chance of high benefits in comparsion to HF37 IMHO. So you can swallow a lot less tablets.

L-Isoleucine 495mg
L-Leucine 1092mg
L-Lysine 862.98mg
L-Methionine 240mg
L-Phenylalanine 321mg
L-Threonine 604.98mg
L-Tryptophan 207mg
L-Valine 468mg
L-Aspartic Acid 1000.02mg
L-Serine 495mg
L-Glutamic Acid 1606.02mg
L-Proline 486mg