Speedy Growth Challenge For Transitioners

Hi guys. I know it's not the 7th yet, but I am excited so I have to tell you. I finally got my Surge (geez) and I have my hair braided in pencil-sized individuals. I got them finished on Thursday, March 17. I really like them! I will put pics in another post. I hope they will help me on my way :yep:

songbyrd517 said:
Hi guys. I know it's not the 7th yet, but I am excited so I have to tell you. I finally got my Surge (geez) and I have my hair braided in pencil-sized individuals. I got them finished on Thursday, March 17. I really like them! I will put pics in another post. I hope they will help me on my way :yep:

WOW you seem so excited, glad you got surge i can't wait to see the pics of your braids.

I hope it's not too late for me because I'd love to join.

My last relaxer was October 31st 2004 and have come to love my natural hair very much. Sometimes i wish i would have transitioned allot sooner, i never know that my own hair texture was so pretty :)

SPRING REGIMEN:
Shampoo with Castile Soap (Trader Joe's brand) or Creme of Nature twice or more per week. Do protein treatments once every two weeks with LeKeir Cholesteral. Moisturize twice daily with shea butter in the morning and Dark & Lovely's Honey Kissed Hair Dress in the evening, both applied to new growth, Stay-So-Fro on the ends (thanks Chicoro). My protective style will be buns.

SUMMER REGIMEN:
I'll be in braids this entire Summer. If not I will be conditioner washing daily with V05 Freesia (My favorite) and using their Moisture Milks line off and on (Srawberries & Cream, Blueberries & Cream or Peachers & Cream).

WINTER REGIMEN:
Plastic baggie method using Bergamont grease (I kinda like this stuff). Washing my hair less frequently like once per week instead of my regular two or three washes. Will apply jojoba oil or EVOO daily to my new growth.

FAST GROWTH AIDS:
I found that daily conditioner washes made my new growth thrive. I gained lots of growth doing this last Summer.

More frequent trims - not waiting to long (I find that trimming my ends gives my hair a more youthful appearance).

NUTRITION:
Increasing my water and vegetable intake tremendously.

EXERCISE:
I'm going to TRY to walk three to four miles daily.

HEAT USAGE:
0% - I have used heating products for so long that I may never use them again. My hair literally never reatained length because of them. I run when I see the curling iron :lol:

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Welcome Cinnabuns, its never too late to join up, your regime sounds good? we'll have you au naturelle in no time, good luck and remember the check in date is 7TH April.

den1 said:
Welcome Cinnabuns, its never too late to join up, your regime sounds good? we'll have you au naturelle in no time, good luck and remember the check in date is 7TH April.

Hey Den1, thanks for the warm welcome and I'm marking the date on my calendar now. I can't wait to post my progress :weird:

Back