SPEEDY GROWTH TRANSITIONERS..MONTH 2 check in plz

Nanyanika

How is everyone doing?

So far i just put some fresh box braids in.,,trying to keep them in for at least four weeks at a time. my new growth is more bushy which probably means my vits are working. i'm currently on Amino 1500 6 a day, Lignisul msm 1,000mg 2 a day, b-100 1 a day, L,cysteine 500mg 1 a day. I've just ordered Shapley's MTG to speed up my growth rate. anyone has progress pics...

Names of club members:

Den1
Poohbear has successfully transitioned
Candibaby
Shatani
OnPoint
songbyrd517
angelk316
Ar010
Thursdaygirl
nurseN98 has successfully transitioned
Boadicea
Cinnabuns
Deedabug

please let me know if i've missed anyone out

Last edited:
As you already know, I cut my relaxed ends off.

So now, I'm in the process of growing out my natural hair.

Here's what I'll be doing:
wash daily
Surge 2X a day
seal in moisture with oil
deep condition once a week
clarify & intensive treatment once a month

I'll wear my hair out or wear a wig over it as I grow it out.

im on this challenge also...

this month and upcoming months probably i'll do the stinky challenge to speed up my growth....

frenchee super gro grease every day..wash every 3 days
mane -n-tail conditioner as a leave to retain more of what i've grown....

both r workin very nicely....

Well I think my hair grew a little but I had to trim about 1/2 inch off because of crazy split ends. I've finally figured out how to prevent them so hopefully I won't have to do any more trimming in the near future.

I was thinking of doing the MTG but I'm sorry, I can't put anything that smells worse than WGO on my head. Can't do it, my husband would have a fit. I haven't been keeping up with my scalp massages and my biotin but I have been doing my deep conditioning and frequent rinses/washes. I think I'm gonna put my hair in twists too to stop manipulating it so much. I have SERIOUS hand-in-fro disease....I think that was contributing to my split ends too. Next month, it should be bit better.

http://public.fotki.com/nurseN98/growth_challenge/
same pw

Where have I been? I would like to join this challenge too if it is not too late!

My hair is touching my shoulders and 100% natural.
Well right now I'm currently wearing med size indivdual braids. I'm contemplating using a protein conditioner (Den's regimine :D) on my braids but Im just a little SCURRRED!
I plan on keeping these braids throughout the summer.
I'm using surge nightly.
Taking Vitamins---recently added Vitamine shoppe Amino Complex 2-3 tablets a day...I will have to progress to the 5 tablet recommended dosage. This pills are HUGE :eek: !

I'm trying to get 2-6 inches of growth in the next summer months!

Happy Hairgrowing!

ONEBLESSEDRN said:
Where have I been? I would like to join this challenge too if it is not too late!

My hair is touching my shoulders and 100% natural.
Well right now I'm currently wearing med size indivdual braids. I'm contemplating using a protein conditioner (Den's regimine :D) on my braids but Im just a little SCURRRED!
I plan on keeping these braids throughout the summer.
I'm using surge nightly.
Taking Vitamins---recently added Vitamine shoppe Amino Complex 2-3 tablets a day...I will have to progress to the 5 tablet recommended dosage. This pills are HUGE :eek: !

I'm trying to get 2-6 inches of growth in the next summer months!

Happy Hairgrowing!
Hi, welcome its never too late to join, this challenge ends in December. we just check-in every month to share progress and ideas on techniques/growth aids/ regimes/products to acheive the fastest growth possible, to speed up the transition process or to lengthen natural hair. i hope you enjoy it. You'll achieve those inches in no time. btw i replied to your pm.

Well I'm not a transitioner, and I wasnt aware of the challenge, but I've been taking:

3 Amino Acid Complex
3 B-Complex pills (has helped tremendously w/energy)
1 500mg L-Cysteine
2 1000mg Biotin

I've increased my water intake to approximately 90-120 ounces of water per day, eliminated caffeine, carbonated drinks, sugar and salts from my diet and get at least 8-9 hrs sleep a night.

Through this I've attained and retained almost an inch of new growth in 3 weeks (but my scalp is always itchy, I guess thats the new growth). However, my energy levels have skyrocketed, I'm always alert and function much more productively throughout the day. Overall, this regimen has made a dramatic improvement on my overall well-being.

I put my hair in twist extensions, last night, so hopefully they will last me for at least four weeks. I will be surging twice daily and rinsing every morning. I want to grow out my coloured ends completely.
My vitamins are in my profile.

I have 2 inch of new growth since I started transitioning in february. im going to drink more water and increase my protien intake take l-crystine, msm, and a multivitamin to increase my growth.

Checking in,

Still sticking with my original routine :) . CW once a week, but now I'm trying to style my hair since its really obvious I have 2 textures and I can't cover or disguise the natural hair. I currently wear either a spiral wet-set or braid-out with a satin scarf headband/kerchief. I always have one of these on my head. Its so bad that my dance partner is starting comment about it. LOL.

Still taking Country Life Maxi hair and Iron (for anemia). I am trying to increase the amout of protein that I eat (not keeping count of exactly how much I'm eating, just trying to be more cognizant of eating it at every meal and having one supplemental protein meal a day). My hair seems to be growing although its happening slowly :( . I don't measure it, but just enjoy seeing it change as time goes by. I am noticing, that my scalp seems to itch more now than it used to so, I'm trying to drink more water. It seems massaging with melted shea butter and coconut oil isn't helping so much.

Hope all is well you, my fellow challengers!

Checking In :)

Still following pretty much the same regimen, just replacing some 'relaxed' products with ones that are more compatable with my new growth (at 16 weeks now). I just came out of cornrows last week and plan on getting singles within the next month. I have my hair straightened right now, but on my next wash I will be wearing rodsets until I get singles.

i dunno if its growing...but i i put some twists in sunday and im gonna try and keep them for two weeks before i do something else....ive started the cayenne pepper thing, which im going to do once a week and i try to remember to spritz with my rosemary peppermint mixture at least once a day....

i think the next thing i do will be extensions....im tired of dealing with it right now :D

ETA: im in on the speedy growth, but im not transitioning....im already natural, i just want more of it!

Hi, can I get in on the challenge, also?

I'm 24 weeks post relaxer (the last professional relaxer that I received was November 12th, 2004; the last box relaxer that I received that did not get my hair bone straight was February 20, 2005), I got my hair pressed last week (chaperoning Prom and wanted an up-do that would withstand hot, sweaty teenagers :ohwell: . I recently starting taking a GNC Women's multi-vitamins and I also take an E.ssential F.atty A.cids vitamin. I am trying to increase my water intake (this is a bit difficult) and I am currently sporting a braid out (although I am going to wash my hair this weekend and re-do the braid out with my natural hair (about 4 inches natural, 8 inches relaxed).

:grin: Just started my Fotki album- check out my progress- password in profile :grin:

Hey y'all
I am a little discouraged because my hair is not growing quite like I would like it to. So I decided to REALLY stick to my vitamins and increase my water intake. I am on a no measuring challenge either- so that I won't become even more discouraged.I thought about the MTG but I just can't sell myself on it. Den1 let me know your progress. I am thinking about an amino acid pill or a protein shake too. I am discouraged, but I WON'T QUIT!!!!

New transitioner to natural here. My hair is doing okay. I do a braid to make the relaxed hair wavy like my new growth, even though I only have about 1/2-3/4" of new growth so far. I drink lots of water, and CO wash every day.

OnPoint said:
Hey y'all
I am a little discouraged because my hair is not growing quite like I would like it to. So I decided to REALLY stick to my vitamins and increase my water intake. I am on a no measuring challenge either- so that I won't become even more discouraged.I thought about the MTG but I just can't sell myself on it. Den1 let me know your progress. I am thinking about an amino acid pill or a protein shake too. I am discouraged, but I WON'T QUIT!!!!
Hi onpoint, sorry your not currently receiving the growth you hoped for, i think increasing water intake and being consistent with vitamins will help. the no measuring challenge is an excellent way to to prevent you from becoming discouraged. remember hair is continuosly growing, natural is harder to observe the growth unless its straightened because of shrinkage. you can check out my progress as i've updated my hair progress album and hairstyles. i'm having braids put in tormorrow and i'll try to keep them in for three months and follow the crown and glory method. about the amino they are really working well for my hair in terms of growth, before i started them two months ago i could barely notice any growth so you can bet i was pleasantly suprised when i removed my box braids and took pics. Don't quit good luck and write back.

Im still in even though I haven't been on the board for a while. I dont know if its a lack of keeping u with my food intale or stress from classes this quarter buy I am having some serious shedding. i hope it stops soon.

Jewell said:
New transitioner to natural here. My hair is doing okay. I do a braid to make the relaxed hair wavy like my new growth, even though I only have about 1/2-3/4" of new growth so far. I drink lots of water, and CO wash every day.
Hey Jewell wow i didn't know you decided to transition, welcome!!! your regime sounds good, your newgrowth/demarcation line will thank-you for the co washes, as it helps to hold moisture in the hair. have fun!!!!!!!!

Shatani said:
i dunno if its growing...but i i put some twists in sunday and im gonna try and keep them for two weeks before i do something else....ive started the cayenne pepper thing, which im going to do once a week and i try to remember to spritz with my rosemary peppermint mixture at least once a day....

i think the next thing i do will be extensions....im tired of dealing with it right now :D

ETA: im in on the speedy growth, but im not transitioning....im already natural, i just want more of it!
Do you topically apply the cayenne pepper on the scalp to stimulate growth? or do you use it internally to increase blood circulation to scalp? does it act a bit like the b-vit niacin? whats your results?

Ar010 said:
Im still in even though I haven't been on the board for a while. I dont know if its a lack of keeping u with my food intale or stress from classes this quarter buy I am having some serious shedding. i hope it stops soon.
hi, have you tried motions cpr of Affirm 5 in 1 is good for shedding? also inquire into possible consequences of shedding in relation to diet or stress? hopefully it will subside soon.

den1 said:
Do you topically apply the cayenne pepper on the scalp to stimulate growth? or do you use it internally to increase blood circulation to scalp? does it act a bit like the b-vit niacin? whats your results?
im applying it topically....currently using it as a pre-shampoo treatment. ive only done it twice so far, and with no camera, its really hard for me to see any slight changes if there are any....so, no idea about results just yet :D

Shatani said:
im applying it topically....currently using it as a pre-shampoo treatment. ive only done it twice so far, and with no camera, its really hard for me to see any slight changes if there are any....so, no idea about results just yet :D
OK, thanks for replying!! keep us updated with your progress.

Back