So Let Me Tell You About WEN!!!

janeemat

After all these years of reading and hearing about all the hoopla, I gave it try last night. I used it as my midweek cowash. I used the Sweet Almond Mint and all I can say is "Wen where have you been all of my hair life"? Please please, don't let this be a fluke. I am 2 days shy of 8 wks post relaxer....you know when things start to get crazy. I followed the directions just as they said to use it. My hair just melted and was so easy to detangle:grin:! I could not believe it.....I mean for real. The immediate shine was AMAZING, before I even started to detangle. My hair really had a glow. Just soft, easy to part...so I did a rollerset. This morning after removing the rollers my hair is light, flowing and bouncy. So what is in my hair????? Nothing but WEN! I am going to put this to the test the next 4 wks.....when the rubber really meets the road....stretching. Then I will come back with my final review. For now if you have not tried WEN.....DO IT NOW!!!! sunnieb.....thanks for telling me WEN is good to use any time because I was a little afraid of trying something new at 8 wks post.

janeemat

I love Wen. Been using it for years!

Sent from yacht with Beyonce & Blue

Do you use other products or just strickly Wen.....like reconstructors, protein treatments...etc. Do you have to clarify any time? I doubt that I will use WEN exclusively, but it is really good.

AlliCat

Thanks for this review :) I saw it in the store yesterday and was interested in purchasing. Might give it a try when I finish my other conditioners (currently in a use up your stash challenge)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Yep Wen is my boo...been using it for about 3 years. Thnx for the review. :)

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Zaynab

Do you use other products or just strickly Wen.....like reconstructors, protein treatments...etc. Do you have to clarify any time? I doubt that I will use WEN exclusively, but it is really good.

I use Wen all the time. I don't use any other shampoo except when I clarify monthly. I use other treatment products, deep conditioning etc

Sent from yacht with Beyonce & Blue

LexiDior

every time I see an infomerical I think about all of you...and that maybe I should buy it. But it looks to expensive for the amount of products they give.

janeemat

every time I see an infomerical I think about all of you...and that maybe I should buy it. But it looks to expensive for the amount of products they give.

My thinking was just like you. Even my husband tried to get me to puchase years ago, but I just did not by into the hype. I happened across the $29.95 special and decided what the heck. So here I am singing the praises. If it can get me through 12-14 wks stretches, then I am sold. We will see.......to be continued.

mshoneyfly

Yeah...Wen is awesome for stretching! When I used it for several weeks exclusively, my hair would dry out a few days after a wash. Now I know about clarifying and M&S'ing. Because its so expensive + a college-going dd with lots of thirsty hair I only use deep in my stretches!

yellagirl730

Thanks for this review :) I saw it in the store yesterday and was interested in purchasing. Might give it a try when I finish my other conditioners (currently in a use up your stash challenge)

You saw it in a store, what store? I thought it could only be purchased online or by calling and ordering.

sunnieb

Got another WEN head! :giggle:

I resisted buy this for a long time. I didn't trust my LHCF sisters. Too much hype. But, my boss gave me a bottle (Pumpkin) as a gift, so I didn't have any excuse not to try it.

I've been hooked since then. I was like...why ya'll didn't tell me about this before? Then I found all the WEN threads and was like.......oh. :look:

Destiny9109

All these reviews keep tempting me more and more everyday. I really want to try 613 the most, I've had people tell me that it has replaced ALL of their hair products.

LexiDior

My thinking was just like you. Even my husband tried to get me to puchase years ago, but I just did not by into the hype. I happened across the $29.95 special and decided what the heck. So here I am singing the praises. If it can get me through 12-14 wks stretches, then I am sold. We will see.......to be continued.

I would like to try it but im afraid of the let-down.
If it went on sale again, maybe I would try it, just maybe.

mshoneyfly

All these reviews keep tempting me more and more everyday. I really want to try 613 the most, I've had people tell me that it has replaced ALL of their hair products.

I use my 613, summer mango and gardenia green tea as a protein dc. I mix in a really moisturizing dc and some other natural stuff. I love it but on its on I might get protein overload bc I also do tea rinses.

amberangel4u

I know this is an official wen" thread but I have so many products and don't want a let down also.........so the question of the night: how is the Sally beauty supply version of "wen" :)

janeemat

Toy and sunnieb How are you two ladies using your Wen, just as a cowash? Do you still deep cond and do protein treatments using other products? Inquiring minds NEED to know now.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I know this is an official wen" thread but I have so many products and don't want a let down also.........so the question of the night: how is the Sally beauty supply version of "wen" :)

amberangel4u, I had hit and miss results with the Sally's version way back when. I don't know if it was my hair (was around the start of my HHJ) or was it the knockoff. I've seen mixed reviews - some says it compares others suggest it does not.

Last edited:

Jobwright

Forgot about Wen while I was on my 7 month sabbatical from relaxers...hopping in the shower now with my Wen in check! I just randomly thought and posted that I needed a moisture boost! Then the cowash challenge popped up and this thread. It's a message from the divine to go back to the trusted Wen! It did nothing for my long stretch but worked wonderfully before when I was relaxed completely. Lets see what happens this go round!

sunnieb

Toy and sunnieb How are you two ladies using your Wen, just as a cowash? Do you still deep cond and do protein treatments using other products? Inquiring minds NEED to know now.

janeemat I use it as a cowash only. I used it as dc once, but didn't see a significant difference to justify spending dc time on it. Cowashes work just fine. :yep:

janeemat

@janeemat I use it as a cowash only. I used it as dc once, but didn't see a significant difference to justify spending dc time on it. Cowashes work just fine. :yep:

This is what I was thinking.....just using this as a cowash. Being relaxed, I think my hair needs a little more.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Arrrrghhhh, blast you people. I have been avoiding WEN for years because I didn't want to get sucked into buying yet another product. But here I am in another WEN thread fighting the temptation to try it. And now that it's available in Sephora, the temptation is even greater.

Maaaaannnnn ...

Toy

janeemat i use Wen as a cowash and deep conditioner sometimes i add some other conditioner with it just to make it stretch.

mshoneyfly

For all the ladies thinking about trying Wen

The important thing is to realize that it has quite a bit of cones so you have to clarify every-so-often to avoid buildup. Also, I don't think its a good idea to replace all your products; regardless of the claims. Our hair still needs more moisture in between washes but its a great product.

Honey Bee

janeemat, Wen was the product that sent me searching for LHCF. I used it for a few months and loved it for the same reasons you do. But then I started getting breakage. :ohwell: Good thing I came here- I found out that I was probably over-moisturized. Started using Aphogee 2 min as a prepoo and never looked back. One thing I've been doing since last fall is combining the moisture and protein when I'm in a rush. So, instead of Aphogee, I put some Wen in a little tub, add a squirt of Nutrine Garlic cond., and a squirt of Neutral Protein Filler. Hair feels great afterward, clean and strong, and hardly any shedding (which is big to me cuz I'm a shedder).