WEN Users- Impressed or Not?

beans4reezy

Ladies,

A friend of mine told me about WEN back in August. She PRAISED WEN and accredited it with helping her to grow her hair to Bra Strap length...so of course I went and purchased it. Okay, so let's move forward to now. My cousin knows I am using WEN and she looks at my hair and goes, "What is the WEN doing for your hair???" And then I took a photo of my hair and gasped...she was right...my hair didn't look any better than a few months back. I'm thinking about just trying another poo without the sulfates ...why am I spending so much on the system when no one is seeing results? Does anyone have a not so favorable experience with WEN? Please share

chebaby

what "flavor" are you using. i use the sweet almond mint and it makes my hair sooooooooooo soft. i dont think you would see the results of softness unless your hair was so dry that it looked ashy. i like the idea of this versus a regular shampoo and it good to use 1-2x a week if you co wash daily like i d in the summer. also the ingre. are amazing.

Last edited:

Brooklyn72

I agree, I think wen is great and has wonderful ingredients. If your hair was already healthy you probably wouldn't see a big difference. The concept of wen is the catch. It is great for natural, relaxed, color treated caucasian hair the whole nine yards. It is a sulfate free product. It is pricey and I can get the same results with other lines like shescentit so I don't use wen anymore.

yodie

Never tried shescentit, but I love WEN fig. It has helped me retain a lot more moisture. My hair actually hangs when its wet. Its never done that w/other shampoos.

Right now I'm reluctant to try anything else.

vevster

I just re-upped on my Wen. It is a good product. It keeps my hair moisturized and that is the key to being able to grow it long.

I'm not sure what you want from this product.

beans4reezy

Never tried shescentit, but I love WEN fig. It has helped me retain a lot more moisture. My hair actually hangs when its wet. Its never done that w/other shampoos.

Right now I'm reluctant to try anything else.

I use the sweet almond mint...maybe I should try the fig next...

beans4reezy

I just re-upped on my Wen. It is a good product. It keeps my hair moisturized and that is the key to being able to grow it long.

Looking for moisture...it still feels as if I need to use a lot of moisturizer on top of the conditioning cleanser ..for the price of this product, I thought I'd see an improvement in my hair's moisture level.

Dposh167

well what else are you doing to your hair besides wen?

...i only ask this cuz maybe you need wen + other things to help comabat your moisture/health problem. Wen may not be the 'end for all' for your hair's health....but it may help contribute to it

beans4reezy

well what else are you doing to your hair besides wen?

...i only ask this cuz maybe you need wen + other things to help comabat your moisture/health problem. Wen may not be the 'end for all' for your hair's health....but it may help contribute to it

I think that may be my problem..thinking that WEN can single handedly combat my dry tresses. But I do moisturize daily with Hairveda Shea Butter and seal with Castor oil. I'm still on the hunt for a GREAT moisturizer though, because I don't find the Hairveda to be moisturizing enough. I also wash and DC weekly with Alter Ego Garlic

Toy

what "flavor" are you using. i use the sweet almond mint and it makes my hair sooooooooooo soft. i dont think you would see the results of softness unless your hair was so dry that it looked ashy. i like the idea of this versus a regular shampoo and it good to use 1-2x a week if you co wash daily like i d in the shower. also the ingre. are amazing.

Cosigning only thing different is, I use the Fig and its great for moisture I LOVE WEN !!!

Last edited:

Prose Princess

I wasn't that impressed with it either. I tried the Fig like two times and returned it to QVC. I may give it another try though because I'm searching for a good sulfate free cleanser. I just didn't like the smell of the Fig, or the pricetag for that matter. I see you're already using castor oil, that was one of the things that helped my hair feel less dry. You should also try adding some Omega 3 fish oil to your diet (I personally think the liquid form absorbs better), and adding some essential oils to your conditioner. Right now I'm using peppermint and rosemary, and I have a few more on the way because I find they really help my hair absorb moisture better.

Back on topic, yeah, I wasn't really impressed with WEN either so don't feel bad. :nono: I hope you find whatever it is your hair needs moisture-wise!

Lexib

Nice conditioner but you may as well just do a cowash w/ Nexxus Humectress or some other good moisturising conditioner. As far as it not single handedly fixing your hair, for that price point it sure as heck better! You can definately do better/the same for cheaper.

Last edited:

vevster

Looking for moisture...it still feels as if I need to use a lot of moisturizer on top of the conditioning cleanser ..for the price of this product, I thought I'd see an improvement in my hair's moisture level.
I heard the almond mint is no good.

I use the Ethnic Trio: Fig, Lavender and Tee tree and have had GREAT success with them! :up:

naturalmanenyc

I have WEN Fig & have used it only 3 times. So far so good though. I can easily comb through my transitioning hair after rinsing out WEN. I am transitioning so combing through a few textures of hair has not always been easy.

I add leave-in and then seal in moisture with Castor oil, EVCO or EVOO. If I don't deal in the moisture, my hair will be dry by the end of the day.

Tybi

I used the WEN sweet almond mint. I am neutral. I loved the concept, I loved the smell, and I loved the tingle. I found that it worked better for me as a deep conditioner. When I initially purchased, I used it almost daily as my cleanser and conditioner. It worked well, but no better than other products that I had that cost a lost less. I decided to cancel my automatic shipment and have not repurchased. If it were more readily available, able to purchase in a store, and a bit cheaper, I would probably repurchase and use strictly as a deep conditioner and not as a cleanser.

After months of co washing with this and other conditioners, I think I actually enjoy the feel and the clean that comes from using an actual traditional shampoo to clean my hair, but that's just me!

AtlantaJJ

I'm going to try the Wen because if Vester says it's good, I have no questions about the quality of the product.:up: I just have to use up a couple of things first...It will be my spring treat to myself! I have to try it at least once! :yep:

beans4reezy

"It worked well, but no better than other products that I had that cost a lost less. I decided to cancel my automatic shipment and have not repurchased. If it were more readily available, able to purchase in a store, and a bit cheaper, I would probably repurchase..."

This is what I am struggling with...are their other cleansers that can deliver comparable results to WEN that are more cost effective and more accesible?

Last edited:

shelli4018

I have three flavors of Wen in my closet and rarely use them. I just thought they were OK. I'll likely use them from time to time. But I'd be perfectly happily use Hair One from now on. My hair seems to like the absence of shampoo in my regimen. Doesn't seem to matter which alternative cleansing treatment I use.

jazzyto

Yeah I have tried the Fig and while it was moisturizing I can get the same results with other products. I like the Giovanni smooth as silk poo as a no sulfate poo.

Missi

The less products I use and use WEN instead...my hair became more softer. I think WEN & Dominican products probably would get you the same results but i LOVE WEN. The conditioner is a shampoo & conditioner & leave-in all in ONE saves me the product build up from a shampoo & conditioner & leave-in. So when I do straighten my hair...its 75% less product build up then I would normally have & my finish results are great

LivingDoll

I was impressed with its volumizing effects but not impressed with the shedding or itching that it caused.

charmtreese

I've been using WEN for over a year and it has greatly improved the overall health of my hair. I prefer the lavender and the tea tree.

beans4reezy

The less products I use and use WEN instead...my hair became more softer. I think WEN & Dominican products probably would get you the same results but i LOVE WEN. The conditioner is a shampoo & conditioner & leave-in all in ONE saves me the product build up from a shampoo & conditioner & leave-in. So when I do straighten my hair...its 75% less product build up then I would normally have & my finish results are great

What formula do you use?

chebaby

i normally use the sweet almond mint and i love it but lately i have been using the fig and im am even more inlove with that one.

Transformer

I was impressed with its volumizing effects but not impressed with the shedding or itching that it caused.

I'm using the Fig. It is very volumizing for me also....plus I get the shedding. I haven't had the itching though. I like it, I really love the way it makes my non-dyed hair feel. I'm natural with hair coloring.

soulie

I haven't experienced any shedding, but I'm taking garlic supplements because I use MT.

BrooklynSouth

The WEN sounds so good from y'all but I think I'd better not try to fix something which has been repaired and is not broken. My ALBA BOTANICA LEAVE-IN has been the best thing{lasting moisture, gives incredible suppleness} I've used yet so I'm sticking with it.
I'll still take a quick tv peek to see what's up.

beans4reezy

I understand WEN's role in the overall health of my hair. But, I am going to look into Hair One, Hairveda's Alma along with Ayurveda hair and scalp cleanserd... I think I can get similar results to WEN without breaking my wallet.