WEN review/RAVE!!!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

So I got my WEN yesterday. I got the WEN Fig Cleansing Conditioner and all I can say is that I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost very very little hair (like 10-15 strands) in the detangling and rollersetting process...and they were mostly long, shed hairs anyway.

Anyway when I got home I immediately jumped in the shower with my 32oz bottle of WEN Fig. All I can say is that I actually love the scent! It's very...natural and it doesn't have a chemical smell, which I actually prefer more for some reason than some perfumey smelling shampoos or conditioners. Anyway I started by thoroughly rinsing my hair for like a minute or so. Then I started by applying the Wen to the crown of my head and then the front and then the back and sides. I used a total of 16-17 pumps. You need fewer pumps with the 32oz bottle because the pump is longer, than you need with 16oz bottle. I splashed some water into my hair to help to better distribute the WEN...it is VERY thick so it needs the water to distribute just like Chaz Dean says. Once the Wen had totally saturated my hair, I used my shower comb to make sure it was combed through everywhere. I then covered my head with a shower cap and proceeded to shower. I decided to get out of the shower and let the WEN sit in my hair for a while.

After about 2 hours or so I had DH rinse the WEN out in the kitchen sink...BIG mistake! He made a mess!!!!! My tank top was SOAKED to the core water was splattered on a wall in the kitchen. LOL...but I'm happy that he helped me. He was actually having fun calling himself the hairdresser :lachen:.

After it was rinsed out, I can honestly say that my hair feels different! It feels way more moisturized than it's ever felt!!!!!! I used a quartersized amount of WEN with 3 drops of Carol's Daughter Tui Oil as a leave in on wet hair. Then created a spray concoction that Chaz Dean recommends but I did w/ my own stuff since I've only bought the WEN CC from his line so far. I pumped about 3 pumps of WEN fig into a spray bottle, added 4 drops of the Tui Oil, and a dime sized amount of Shea butter lotion. I then added warm water and shook it up. I used this as the spray to keep my hair wet while I rollerset it.

My hair rollerset with ease and felt super moisturized. When my hair dried it was butter soft, moisturized, and full. Today my hair looks very full, doesn't feel weighed down and it feels moist. My curls held (I pincurled before I went to bed) and my hair looks and feels thick and lush!! For a girl with naturally fine hair this is a dream come true.

If the effects of WEN are cumulative like everyone says, I can't wait to see my hair in a month or 2!!!!!!

I know WEN is expensive but I think the 32oz bottle will last me at least 3 months even with me washing my hair 2x per week.

I should add that I tried the Sally's version of WEN called Hair One last week, and I also think that product is very good as well if you're looking for a cheaper option. But I like WEN even better because it's more natural in terms of it's ingredients and my hair and roots feel even softer and more moisturized.

The thing I am most excited about with WEN is that I will be able to get rid of a lot of products! Which in the end will save me money.

Anyway I just wanted to give everyone my 2 cents on WEN.

Thank you Chaz Dean and the WEN pushers on this site!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jazzyto

I may try WEN when I take my sew-in out. With all the great reviews I guess the PJ in me wants to try it out even though Im content with my CON.

RabiaElaine

I may try WEN when I take my sew-in out. With all the great reviews I guess the PJ in me wants to try it out even though Im content with my CON.

I have been a CON fan for years and I still believe in terms of comparing CON to other shampoos out there it's the best. But how my hair feels w/ CON and some conditioner vs. how my hair feels with just WEN is totally different. My hair feels amazing!!! The fullness is incredible!

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I have been a CON fan for years and I still believe in terms of comparing CON to other shampoos out there it's the best. But how my hair feels w/ CON and some conditioner vs. how my hair feels with just WEN is totally different. My hair feels amazing!!! The fullness is incredible!

WOW! That's saying a lot. better than CON and conditioner? Oh Lawd - I may have to give this a try after all.

RabiaElaine

WOW! That's saying a lot. better than CON and conditioner? Oh Lawd - I may have to give this a try after all.

Yeah girl...and this is only my first time using WEN and everyone says the effects of it are cumulative so if that is true for me I can't imagine how great my hair will feel after a few months of use!

JerriBlank

You know,i never thought about using less because the pump is longer inthe 32 oz. bottle,but it makes sense.
This may be why i've only had my new bottle 1.5 weeks,and so much is gone already:perplexed
I'll compare them when i get home.

Glad that you love it!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

You know,i never thought about using less because the pump is longer inthe 32 oz. bottle,but it makes sense.
This may be why i've only had my new bottle 1.5 weeks,and so much is gone already:perplexed
I'll compare them when i get home.

Glad that you love it!!!!!!

Yeah you definitely don't need as many pumps w/ the larger bottle as you might need w/ the smaller bottle. And honestly Chaz keeps saying use more and not less, I think that's because he wants to sell more of his product.

Also if you use the water to move the product around in ur hair you will also use less. I barely saw the product budge from me using it last night to wash/deep condition, use as a leave in, and use for my spray concoction. I can't see this bottle being used up really quickly, except if I was WENing everyday. For the women WENing everyday I can see how it can get used up quickly though. If I WENed everyday I might use my 32oz bottle up in less than a month or maybe one full month.

Next on my list to try:
-WEN Lavendar CC
-WEN Tea Tree CC
-WEN Almond Mint Texture Balm
-WEN Fig Styling Cream

Iluvsmuhgrass

I just ordered the 32oz of Almond Mint. It's awesome! I like it best of all of the other "flavors" And YES the amount of moisture, shed hair and breakage (virtually none), and volume of my fine hair is amazing! I think I'm going to use this for life. :yep:

Elis829

I have used WEN Fig before and loved it. I will be ordering some very soon.

BTW, Chaz Dean will be on QVC tomorrow the 29th, the times are 2am - 3am and 1pm - 2pm.