SO friggen annoyed....

aileenadq

I'm back to the dry hair / itchy scalp business again. I washed on Tuesday and it's only Wednesday.

My hair had been shedding like CRAZY lately :confused: (just started back on my iron pills as of yesterday) and I think I need to relax again. (I have like 1 1/2" in some areas, just 1" in others). I've been oiling my scalp with my regular stuff, so I don't think I it's anything I'm using. I recently posted about ditching my Giovanni Leave In, because I thought it was the culprit.

I think next paycheck I will order Keracare Dry and Itchy scalp shampoo & conditioner (thanks, Macherieamor!)

In the interim, however:

1) Could the shedding and/or dry itchy scalp be because I need a touch up?

2) Could it be seasonal?

3) I have also been using Rogain for Women on my temples and around my hairline (where I seem to be itchest).

HELP, PLEASE!!! I look like I haven't washed my hair in two months! AND, I'm shedding all over my black shirt...

Thanks to everyone who contributes...

sareca

aileenadq said:
I'm back to the dry hair / itchy scalp business again. I washed on Tuesday and it's only Wednesday.

My hair had been shedding like CRAZY lately :confused: (just started back on my iron pills as of yesterday) and I think I need to relax again. (I have like 1 1/2" in some areas, just 1" in others). I've been oiling my scalp with my regular stuff, so I don't think I it's anything I'm using. I recently posted about ditching my Giovanni Leave In, because I thought it was the culprit.

I think next paycheck I will order Keracare Dry and Itchy scalp shampoo & conditioner (thanks, Macherieamor!)

In the interim, however:

1) Could the shedding and/or dry itchy scalp be because I need a touch up?

2) Could it be seasonal?

3) I have also been using Rogain for Women on my temples and around my hairline (where I seem to be itchest).

HELP, PLEASE!!! I look like I haven't washed my hair in two months! AND, I'm shedding all over my black shirt...

Thanks to everyone who contributes...

I don't think it is 'cause you need a touch-up. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't relax while having scalp issues (of any kind). Sounds like you're mildly allergic to something to me. I think you're on the right track with Keracare. It stopped my itchy scalp. But I'd start eliminating all recently purchased products too.

JLove74

Are you taking MSM? I did read where some of the ladies were having itching scalp side affects from taking MSM.

For the shedding - I can't repeat enough how much Garlic Conditioners work wonders. Some people also use Garlic Shampoos - I don't so I can't give you any info - sorry.

I agree with Sareca - don't relax until you get your scalp in order. That could really mess things up. Also, read your ingredients on any new items to see if they contain products known to itch/irritate the scalp....

Just remember this - we've all had our issues. It will get better :)

sareca

JLove74 said:
Are you taking MSM? I did read where some of the ladies were having itching scalp side affects from taking MSM.

For the shedding - I can't repeat enough how much Garlic Conditioners work wonders. Some people also use Garlic Shampoos - I don't so I can't give you any info - sorry.

I agree with Sareca - don't relax until you get your scalp in order. That could really mess things up. Also, read your ingredients on any new items to see if they contain products known to itch/irritate the scalp....

Just remember this - we've all had our issues. It will get better :)

JLove where'd you find garlic conditioners? I've only seen the shampoo.