Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp

Shawnee66

I was in the Dueane Reade today and they had KeraCare for dry and itchy scalp. I was wonder if anyone has tried this products. I suffer from dry and itchy scalp. No matter how often I was my hair and condition my hair it is still dry. I have been using a no lye relaxer for years and I am planning to use a lye relaxer when I get my next touch-up. I hope this helps my scalp. But in the meantime I want to try this product but was wonder if anyone here had any experience with it.

oglorious1

Mixologist
I received a sample of this a liked it a lot, it makes your scalp tingle, I can't wash my hair everyday, the most is maybe once a week, so you might want to cut back on washing too much if you are, and try some Flax seed and Evening primrose oil to help the dryness.

Vitality

Shawnee, I always use the KC dry & Itchy scalp shampoo and my scalp loves it!

I use to suffer from dry & itchy scalp until, I discovered this product 2 years ago. I also use the dry & itchy scalp conditioner every 2 weeks.
I think you will get good results ...so try it

elaine

as a matter of fact, I just finished washing my hair and used both the shampoo and conditioner. Due to medication, my scalp is VERY DRY, and while rollersetting, it had the best feel and was not tangled at all. Each have a "tingley" feeling to them. I highly recommend!!!

Falon

I used the conditioner. It had excellent slip and fragrance. It tingled and it does stop itchy and dry scalp. The only thing is I wouldn't use it for deep conditioning cuz as I recall it doesn't really have much protein if any in it.

Shawnee66

Thank you ladies. I am using the conditioner right now. It feels really good.

What relaxer does everyone use on their hair?

Vitality

I was using affirm conditioning relaxer system, but will switch to Affirm fiberguard for sensitive scalp in 4 weeks.

Shawnee66

is Affirm a lye or a no-lye relaxer.

I am sorry for so many questions. I am so excited I finally found something that helps my itchy scalp. For the longest I couldn't find anything to help my scalp. It was driving me crazy. I just finish washing my hair and usually my scalp would itch right after I wash out the conditioner but not this time. I've been trying to find a hair regiment for my itchy scalp. Maybe I can get some suggestions.

Falon

I was going to the Domincans before and they claimed they were using Motions Lye but I never saw the jar so I can't be sure...I switched back to my Dark N Lovely no lye regular from back in the day. I know it isn't popular on LHCF but it always worked for me so I am sticking with it.

brickhouse

Affirm comes in the lye and no lye formula. The Affirm for sensitive scalp is no lye. I recently switch from no lye to lye and love it.

BMoreFlyy

I'm actually using that Dry & Itchy Scalp conditioner and it helps me alot, I also use the Dry & Itchy Scalp glossifier for a grease.