Skipping the blowdryer before flat ironing

tiffjust2002

I don't blow dry, I put my hair in a low bun and air dry for two days, (so I really gotta plan to straighten my hair lol) I am 3b for my daughter she is a 3c/4a I band her hair in 4-6 sections and let it dry overnight

DaiseeDay

I stopped blow drying, I let my hair air-dry stretched for two days either in a bun first and then 2-4 braids or just 2-4 braids for two days.

Danewshe

Blow drying my hair before flat-ironing has caused me major heat damage. When I went natural the first time in 2004, I would flat iron w/o blow-drying and never sustained heat damage. This time around, I've only straightened 4 times since Jan 2011, and it's only now I realise that my hair hates being blow-dried(I know, I'm slow right?), it just zapps the moisture out of it.

sckri23

Hi

No I have never tried it but I have seen that a few women on YouTube use it..I would like to try it I can see that it may be less damaging on the one had because you are not ripping through your hair with a comb attachment but..on the other hand you have to put the heat closer to your hair so I was a bit worried about that..

When I blow dried my hair used cold air and the tension method. Im not a pro at it yet but this winter im not air drying at all so ima have much more practice (still getting over a cold from my last airdry that lasted 2 DAYS....)

Sckri23 from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

CaliiSwagg

I used to never blow dry my hair prior to flat ironing when I was relaxed. I would simply wash, condish, put in my leave-ins/serums,put my hair in a low pony and put on a scarf until dry. Then once its all dry I would flat iron.

It worked out pretty well until I went natural. Now there is now way I can skip that step and get the same result.