Flat ironing, but skipping the ends.......

Hi,, I did a flat iron last nite after over 2 weeks and one of my main issues with a flat ironed style is that it gets too flat and the ends are too damned straight and that makes them look skinny,, to me ends that look like sticks dont look natural, there should be some bend,, (on me at least) anyway,,, last nite i was ironing and i ironed the entire length of the hair EXCEPT the ends.... on the ends i just carelessly flipped the iron, so the ends are exposed to minimal heat ( im on a NO TRIM CHALLENGE for a year at least) and the ends are left a little puffy, I found that this TOTALLY worked,, and my hair looks thicker,,, i used a little curling cream (Garnier puttyor something) and water and twisted the ends on my finger and this straightened them out completely while giving them a bend ( thats a contradiction, i know), now my ends are totally straight but with minimal heat,, anyone else do this?? if not consider trying it at least and lmk how it works...

Last edited:

jwhitley6

I hate the way my ends look flat ironed alone. I always run a pressing comb through them to "bump" the ends. My ends seem to flow together better and it seems less harsh on my hair. Glad you found a technique that works for you!

Isis

For all flat iron users, you may be on to something Ravenhairbellydancer. :yep: Taking care of the ends are so important for maintaining length and using minimal heat on them could really make a difference if you are using the flat iron.

Ms Lala

When I flat iron I try not to put as much heat on my ends and roll them to stretch out the kinks.