flat ironing after rollerset technique

Deszdamona

Ladies, I need your heat protective techniques for flat ironing my hair after I rollerset. Do you use oils, cones, heat protectant sprays before flat ironing or do you use your heat protectants before rollersetting? I think flat ironing after a rollerset will produce super silky hair. I just want to protect it before I do so.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Ladies, I need your heat protective techniques for flat ironing my hair after I rollerset. Do you use oils, cones, heat protectant sprays before flat ironing or do you use your heat protectants before rollersetting? I think flat ironing after a rollerset will produce super silky hair. I just want to protect it before I do so.
Are your Rollersets airdryed? If not, you could do the saran wrap method to get that bounce that you want, in like 10 minutes.

Deszdamona

I've been using lady carol, a dryer that's 20 years old from Sallys but my Pibbs is on the way:grin:.
I just wanted to try something different and wanted to protect before flat ironing.

mzhotniz86

i use a foam wrap for the rollerset (nairobi) and then i use my heat protectant on the hair after i take off the rollers and before i flat iron my roots. ( i only flat iron the roots, not the length of the hair) .your heat protectant should have cones within the first few ingredients in the label. dont use oils when you are using heat. any oils and moisturizers should go on the hair AFTER heat is applied.

sunshinebeautiful

I use Chi Silk Infusion as a leave-in before rollersetting. It is a heat protectant as well. So if I were to flat iron after then I would just go ahead.

Deszdamona

okay, I have chi silk infusion and the heat protectant spray, how would I use these during the flat ironing process? What protectant are you using?

Dposh167

-i spray heat protectant on hair when it's rolled up b4 i go under the dryer. (just a couple of sprays of ion heat protectant)

-once dried I put a lil shea butter on each strand (no oils) then follow with a spray of heat protectant on each strand. then i flat iron.

-once all hair is straightened, I wrap hair with saran wrap and sit under a heated conditioning cap 45mins-1hr. (sometimes i'll add a lil moisturizer b4 i go under. depends on how dry hair feels after flat ironed)

the result for me is more bounce. the less cones i use the better. that's why the cones in my heat protectant is all the cones i need

wannabelong

Don't use oils on your hair before flat ironing. Basically you'll be frying your hair. CHI Silk Infusion is a good heat protectant to use.

Deszdamona

-i spray heat protectant on hair when it's rolled up b4 i go under the dryer. (just a couple of sprays of ion heat protectant)

-once dried I put a lil shea butter on each strand (no oils) then follow with a spray of heat protectant on each strand. then i flat iron.

-once all hair is straightened, I wrap hair with saran wrap and sit under a heated conditioning cap 45mins-1hr. (sometimes i'll add a lil moisturizer b4 i go under. depends on how dry hair feels after flat ironed)

the result for me is more bounce. the less cones i use the better. that's why the cones in my heat protectant is all the cones i need
thanks ladies,
does the heat protectant make your hair hard or tangled when rollersetting with it?

sunshinebeautiful

thanks ladies,
does the heat protectant make your hair hard or tangled when rollersetting with it?

As soon as I put the Chi Silk Infusion on my hair it feels like butter. Soooooooo smooth. :yep: It actually helps me with rollersetting. No hardness or tangles at all.

Dposh167

thanks ladies,

no not at all. atleast mine doesn't. i don't get a hard feeling unless i use setting lotion or wrapping foam. the heat protectant i use has the same lightness and consistency of hair sheen spray. its very light