Silk or Feather Wrap - Is Anyone Doing It

balisi

buttaflye03 said:
I think they are talking about two different styles.

The silk wrap is the one using the saran wrap. It makes your hair shiny and silky.

The feather wrap is the one with the flipped layers that are close to your head.

Am I right ladies?

I am very interested in trying out the saran wrap next time I rollerset. I would love to know what moisturizers people are adding to their hair before they put on the saran wrap.
You are correct. :) I love feather wraps. :love: Silk wraps have been around for a long time.

neonbright

My stylist have never used saran wrap but a shower cap (the 10 for dollar plastic ones). I love the way it comes out, may have her try saran wrap next time.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
MsDee4 said:
It actually worked!!! :D

Usually when my hair is so far post relaxer my hair after a rollerset even after being wrapped for days is still puffy (think 80s pageant hair in Texas:eek: )

I took my rollers out, smoothed my hair into a wrap with a wrap brush, covered all of my hair even the top with the saran wrap and went back under the dryer for about 15 minutes. Was scared to remove it so I waited about another 40 minutes and my hair is actually laying down like a real wrap :) !!!

It doesn't look like i flatironed it, but it is smooth, flat, and pretty looking!! SOoooOoO worth a try!
I'm glad it turned out good and thanks for the review. I'm definitely trying this on my next wash. Did you use any type of moisturizer before wrapping it? I'm guessing by what some of what the ladies say that the moisturizer plays a part in the hair getting straight?

Dee-Licious

Pokahontas said:
I'm glad it turned out good and thanks for the review. I'm definitely trying this on my next wash. Did you use any type of moisturizer before wrapping it? I'm guessing by what some of what the ladies say that the moisturizer plays a part in the hair getting straight?

What's sad is that I can't even remember what I used (too many diff products by each other :lol: )... but I will be doing this again tonight. i'll pay attention to what I put on my hair and come back here and post. I hope it works again.

axon12

what types of pins or clips are yo using to wrap the hair whenever I try it I end up with dents

Chinagem

axon12 said:
what types of pins or clips are yo using to wrap the hair whenever I try it I end up with dents

In my case, the stylist didn't use any pins or clips. My hair stayed in place b/c of the curliness that I had from the rollerset.