Silk Elements Lye Relaxer Reviews?

Katt73

Pardon me if I am beating a dead horse, but the search function doesn't seem to be functioning.

Do any of you use Silk Elements Lye relaxer? How do you like it? Is it harsh? Mild? Burn much?

MoMo

I love this relaxer! For me, it does not burn and gets my hair bone strait which is what I like. I mix mine with olive oil and a little keratin oil because I'm slow with relaxer application. I have heard others say that they experienced reversion, but after two applications, I have not.

kbody4

Pardon me if I am beating a dead horse, but the search function doesn't seem to be functioning.

Do any of you use Silk Elements Lye relaxer? How do you like it? Is it harsh? Mild? Burn much?

I've been using Silk Elements Lye relaxer for a year and have no regrets. I switched from Bantu because it burned so bad. With SE, I don't burn at all.

kbody4

I love this relaxer! For me, it does not burn and gets my hair bone strait which is what I like. I mix mine with olive oil and a little keratin oil because I'm slow with relaxer application. I have heard others say that they experienced reversion, but after two applications, I have not.

So true! My hair stays straight a lot longer :yep:

Nanyanika

I love silk elements, especially the texture and shine it gives, my siggy pic is right after relaxing my hair with SE, i did a rollerset.

janaq2003

I've always used SE no-lye relaxer and yesterday, i took the plunge and tried the lye/regular and i really cannot tell the difference. My hair still got straight and is still soft.. maybe I'll be able to tell in a few washes. Lye is supposed to be better for your strands, in relation to calcium deposits.