Silk Elements MegaSilk Relaxer with Shea Butter

Youngchica

I'm not sure whether or not this relaxer is No-Lye or Lye. Also, has anyone of you ladies ever tried it?

Well the pic didn't show up.....but if it's in a jar and you Don't have to add anything to it, then it's lye, if it's in a box or you have to add something to it, then it's no-lye.......

Youngchica

Well the pic didn't show up.....but if it's in a jar and you Don't have to add anything to it, then it's lye, if it's in a box or you have to add something to it, then it's no-lye.......

Lol yea I'm not used to this website yet so I'm not sure how to put up pics. But yea it's in a jar by itself, I never knew that's how you tell No-Lye and Lye apart. Thanks

supermodelsonya

I used the lye relaxer and I LOVE IT! It gave me excellent results. It left my hair feeling so silky and smooth. I don't think I'll use another relaxer...for a while...

Lol yea I'm not used to this website yet so I'm not sure how to put up pics. But yea it's in a jar by itself, I never knew that's how you tell No-Lye and Lye apart. Thanks

Girl that's the easy way I can tell, cuz sometimes, they don't put nothing on the jars, and no one knows if it's lye or no lye, but lye is in a tub and professional use it, box kits are usually no-lye.....:grin:

LivingDoll

I used it last night for the 1st time...caught it on sale for $2.99! too early to give a glowing review...I'll revive this thread in a few weeks with a final verdict.

*Frisky*

I used it last night for the 1st time...caught it on sale for $2.99! too early to give a glowing review...I'll revive this thread in a few weeks with a final verdict.

What did you use before? I use ORS now but might switch to this. I am skeptical because I used that Mizani Butter Blends with the shea butter and I hated that.

LivingDoll

What did you use before? I use ORS now but might switch to this. I am skeptical because I used that Mizani Butter Blends with the shea butter and I hated that.

Hey marie! I used Hawaiian Silky No Base (Lye) Mild before...it's my ole faithful. :yep: I used ORS for a short time...it made my hair this strange mushy (frizzy) texture. I didn't like it.

*Frisky*

Hey marie! I used Hawaiian Silky No Base (Lye) Mild before...it's my ole faithful. :yep: I used ORS for a short time...it made my hair this strange mushy (frizzy) texture. I didn't like it.

It works ok on me..some times it works better than other times which is strange.

My hair LOVES this stuff. It's cheap and easy to get. No more ordering Mizani for me.
WHAT!! You were a ride or die Mizani fan...I might give this a whirl this weekend then. I need to go to Sallys and get my CON anyway:grin:

taj

There is a lye and no lye version
the one linked below is the lye version that I use

:hiya:

I'm interested in trying this relaxer and I have a few questions. How did you like the lye version and what where your results? Which strength did you use and what is your hair type?

Thank you so much!:grin:

crlsweetie912

It works ok on me..some times it works better than other times which is strange.

WHAT!! You were a ride or die Mizani fan...I might give this a whirl this weekend then. I need to go to Sallys and get my CON anyway:grin:
:yep:
I love this stuff. It equals Mizani for me. Great results, no burning and WAYYY Cheaper.

LivingDoll

:yep:
I love this stuff. It equals Mizani for me. Great results, no burning and WAYYY Cheaper.

I wish it didn't burn me! I had sores this morning (and I only used Mild for like 7 minutes)...:ohwell: But in it's defense, I've never had a relaxer that didn't burn my scalp. I even based!

The price is definitely right! For $2.99 it's well worth it. I'm gonna go back and get 2 more cuz so far so good. My hair looks GREAT today! :yep:

crlsweetie912

I wish it didn't burn me! I had sores this morning (and I only used Mild for like 7 minutes)...:ohwell: But in it's defense, I've never had a relaxer that didn't burn my scalp. I even based!

The price is definitely right! For $2.99 it's well worth it. I'm gonna go back and get 2 more cuz so far so good. My hair looks GREAT today! :yep:
But didn't you say you scratched :nono:
Bad dae!

*Frisky*

I think I have the mild. I will be sure to check when I go home.

Do they even make it in regular? My hair will laugh at me if I try and put some mild relaxer in.

Youngchica

The reason why I asked if it's lye is because I used Mizani Lye but it's too pricey for me but I loved it so I'm looking for another cheaper relaxer that's equal to it and from what I'm reading, this relaxer sounds really good!

NoNapNique

For those who love Silk Elements and get good results, what is your hair type? And what strength do you use. Mine is 4a/4b (coarse, but fine) and I am REALLY struggling to find the right strength. Even to the point of thinking I should use all three different strengths on separate parts on my head!!!

Tamrin

unapologetic
I bought it today in regular. It was on sale for 2.99. I was looking for Silken child moisturizer ( They had none). I was about to start a thread this afternoon to ask if its Lye or No Lye. Im 6 months and a few days post. When I relax in march( If I can hold on) I will give this a try. I have been meaning to switch to lye.

me-T

BUMP AND A HALF!! i was about to do a search for reviews on this! butter blends isn't quite cuttin it for me, i need more straightness-and i use the COARSE! and $3 for a 5lb tub? can't beat that!

Sugarhoney

I thought ppl were having problems with shedding & SE. I'm shedding even with adding oils, conditioner & protein to it, but i'm like 8 months post texlax. Anyone with shedding problems? Need to know if to switch or use this again?

RedVelvet310

It's a lye relaxer, and I've heard really good reviews about it. If I ever decided to relax my hair again, this would be my first choice because of its easy accessibility and it's affordable price.