Shout-out to Nichi and her marvelous hair!!

Bettina

Nichi!!! Hurry up and start a youtube channel lady...we are all waiting for you :grin: I really think you will help even more women with tutorials for weave hair care and healthy hair growth. :yep:

BlackMasterPiece

This makes me sooooo glad I've been protective stylin it for the last two months and super excited to take them down and measure my progress in two weeks!:pulpdance:

What an inspiration:love2:

Vonnieluvs08

Nichi such a beautiful head of hair to match your beautiful spirit. Between you and Ediese you have shown how weaves should be done to achieve maximal length retention. Congrats on your progress. HHG!!

Kneechay

Gorgeous, gorgeous hair. Love it!

Awww now, Nichi. I think you let your growth secret slip out. I see that Popeyes cup in the background. So THAT'S your secret for getting beautiful hair. You need to start a Popeyes Chicken Healthy Hair Challenge. lol!

Shoo...you lowkey may have something there. I eat so much popeye's, I am singlehandedly putting a cashier's kid through college. Maybe it did help my growth...hmm... jk

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Nichi, please give a tutorial on how you straightened your hair! I showed my sis your hair and she was like 'Woow!!!

Thats sooo nice of her. A tutorial of flat ironing? That may not be a bad idea, but I don't do anything special that's not already on youtube. I use patchouli's method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXFgoTT1mU8 and Salon Cabelo's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G0xJo1hv1c -- SC is a straight natural and she has other great videos I recommend you ladies check out. I think anything I'd make would be redundant. :ohwell:

So how exactly do you wrap your hair IN the ponytail?

I put it in a ponytail and wet the edges a little with water and shea butter mix and tie my silk scarf around it and then use a satin cap over the whole thing because my ponytail sticks out of the scarf.

Could you please share you reggie?

my weave reggie's upthread as far as my regular regimen, I cowash every monday and deep condition every thursday. I dont blow dry, i just moisturize with my shea butter mix and I either do a bun or a twistout. I really dont do anything else fancy.

Nichi!!! Hurry up and start a youtube channel lady...we are all waiting for you :grin: I really think you will help even more women with tutorials for weave hair care and healthy hair growth. :yep:

Aww for real? I would if i didnt think I would be redundant. I think it's better if I make pictorials, that would work better than videos. I'll figure out how to work my movie maker in the meantime, but I won't be going into weave again until maybe June or end of May

Uber

I totally agree OP. I sooooo wanted to shout Nichi out but had a case of shy syndrome. Go Nichi!!! As I have told you before, you are such an inspiration

Adaoba2012

:blush:

O M G!!

A friend of mine who lurks told me about this thread and I was so shocked. You ladies are so kind and I am extremely flattered. Right now, I cant even articulate the words to express how appreciative I am of you, OP and the ladies who've posted in this thread.

I posted a de-weaving thread, but it just had my twistout fro look and I think people weren't interested :lachen: I actually only have 4 pics I took of my straightened hair and three of them I posted on my siggy, but here are larger versions. The stand I had them on was kinda wonky and they kinda cut off the bottom of my hair in the pics. Oh well.

eta: I had 3 installs for about three months each (& I'm 5'7 for those who are interested in height/length correlation)

This was very sweet you guys, thank you, thank you so much.

Girl! I am drooling over your pony right now! You are one of the reasons why I decided to start weaving it up in the first place. Your hair is amazingly thick and full :love::lick: looove it! How long was your hair when you first started your weave regimen?

Kneechay

Girl! I am drooling over your pony right now! You are one of the reasons why I decided to start weaving it up in the first place. Your hair is amazingly thick and full :love::lick: looove it! How long was your hair when you first started your weave regimen?

Thanks, doll!! That weave PS will shock you! As for before I started, here is a pic of what it looked like, I was just grazing APL by the tip of my V

I felt I was so stuck at this position because it took FOREVER to get past it, so I took matters into my own hands.

scarcity21

Thanks, doll!! That weave PS will shock you! As for before I started, here is a pic of what it looked like, I was just grazing APL by the tip of my V

I felt I was so stuck at this position because it took FOREVER to get past it, so I took matters into my own hands.

Oh wow...so it took u approx 9 months to grow it that long? Definitely an inspiration...like Naijamerica said also for Naija ladies...:yep: Lovely hair!!!

beans4reezy

This thread is right on point! I know that Nichi rocked some of the BEST weaves on LHCF, but I never saw her real hair. Then she posted some photos on a fine hair/pics thread...I was like, :shocked::shocked::shocked::love:. Plus when you take a look at where she started, you can tell that she put a lot of hard work into her hair!!

Congrats to you!! Your hair is beautiful!

Last edited:

Ediese

Nichi, you already know how I feel about your hair. It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I totally agree with the other ladies. You're also super sweet! :)I bet not see you in Ra cuz you might be missing that ponytail. lol Thanks for the Tinnel hookup too. She's probably the best stylist I've ever used.

MsLizziA

Uggghhhh since we are ladies supporting ladies on this board :look: who wants to support my become-a-nichi foundation....:grin: All proceeds will go to me being able to afford my wefts.....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
good googly moogly that hurr is pretty. :giggle: i feel wierd bein excited and happy cuz someone else has long pretty hair, but i am lol. ♥

Kneechay

This thread is right on point! I know that Nichi rocked some of the BEST weaves on LHCF, but I never saw her real hair. Then she posted some photos on a fine hair/pics thread...I was like, :shocked::shocked::shocked::love:. Plus when you take a look at where she started, you can tell that she put a lot of hard work into her hair!!

Congrats to you!! Your hair is beautiful!

Aww thanks! You know, I thought about this. I had so many pics of weave and weave styles, I knew people were either skeptical of the positive results or thought my hair looked a mess out of the weave. I was kind of on a personal hair hiding challenge, so I can retain the maximum amount of hair I could. I just know that where I started from, I can NEVER return to that place. It was a cold, dreary, dark place where I am running far away from. Thanks so much, beans. For real.

Nichi, you already know how I feel about your hair. It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I totally agree with the other ladies. You're also super sweet! :)I bet not see you in Ra cuz you might be missing that ponytail. lol Thanks for the Tinnel hookup too. She's probably the best stylist I've ever used.

And YOU, you are one of the people that made me decide to go into this growth with weaves journey. Believe that. I had to when I saw your results, thank you for the inspiration. Tinnell is great, I am lucky to have found her and glad you like her work. I was telling MaiTai we should set up our Houston meet up, it's crazy how we haven't yet. I may be going to Ra tomorrow too, lol.

Uggghhhh since we are ladies supporting ladies on this board :look: who wants to support my become-a-nichi foundation....:grin: All proceeds will go to me being able to afford my wefts.....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Hilarious. If you get that decent priced BSS hair, you won't need funding! Lol. But thanks soo much!

Simply gorgeous!! Now what's in this shea butter mix you keep talkin about?

Oh, it's a hair moisturizer I made and it's the only product I use in my hair asides from heat protectant. I warm up shea butter block, not too much, just enough so that it melts when squeezed. I then add coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil and either peppermint or rosemary oil (for scent/tingle) and whip it. It turns into a creamy, buttery spread that I use on my scalp and hair from roots to ends. All my friends use it now, it's so soft and moisturizing. I love it. I dont buy any other hair product to use on my hair.

It's my belief that naturals should spend less money on hair maintenance, I could be a pj, but why? I encourage you guys to try this mix, you'll like it.

Nichi, Do you like your Popeyes chicken spicy or mild? :giggle:

Spicy, girl! It's not even really that spicy, but I love it. I get the biscuits & cajun fries too then I drizzle honey over ALL the food. Terrible, I know, but it feels so right.