Shout-out to Nichi and her marvelous hair!!

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
Nichi,

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Your ponytail looks so lush and full and I am very happy for you! You are proof that protective styling done right, WORKS. Period.

Congratulations and keep up the GREAT work! You have inspired a lot of young ladies on here and it's great to see.

kandake

I could have sworn I commented in this thread last night. I guess not.

But anyway, Nichi your hair is gorgeous and your progress is definitely inspirational. I've been stalking, I mean tracking your progress because I've always thought your hair resembled my own.

Now I just need to get up the nerve transition to natural.

Anyway, this thread was well deserved.

neks4u2c

Hi Nichi!!! Not sure if you remember, but I'm that stranger that greeted you at a wedding a few weeks ago. Ur hair is awesome and ur progress is sooo inspirational!!!! Congratulations girl!!!

Lynnerie

OMG- You're such an inspiration your hair is beautiful! I can't wait to get where you are. Great thread OP!

Kneechay

Hi Nichi!!! Not sure if you remember, but I'm that stranger that greeted you at a wedding a few weeks ago. Ur hair is awesome and ur progress is sooo inspirational!!!! Congratulations girl!!!

Aww man, of course I remember you. It was great meeting you dear. I hope all is well! Thanks so much!

I could have sworn I commented in this thread last night. I guess not.

But anyway, Nichi your hair is gorgeous and your progress is definitely inspirational. I've been stalking, I mean tracking your progress because I've always thought your hair resembled my own.

Now I just need to get up the nerve transition to natural.

Anyway, this thread was well deserved.

Do it! Take your time and do it at your own pace. It is truly a rewarding journey and know that LHCF really is a priceless resource.

--------
As I read through this thread, I know y'all are gonna think I'm weak, but a tear comes to my eye. I'm not usually an oversensitive person, but the fact that you guys took even if ONE minute out of your day to say a kind word, thank a poster, or even ask a question means so much to me.

Seeing the women with hair that I admire compliment mine totally puts me in a state of awe that I still can't even explain. I know I don't have the best hair on the board, or the longest, the healthiest, or even the best methods, but I try my best with what I have and that's the aim of this entire site IMO. Believe that I am not getting ahead of myself, but rather, I am proud of where I've come considering where I was.

I can honestly say that you ladies have made all the time I've put into this worth it all and I'll be here along side cheering every one of you at every hard earned milestone, be it skin, hair, or relationships. :theteam:

I'm going to do my best and answer every question and PM I've received. The words on this thread and its existence really touched me and I'll never forget it.

Once again, from the core of my heart, I say Thank you to all of you.
:love2:

tada1

LAWD ha' Mercy.... I scrolled down and :thud:

WOW!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!! - I need popeye's now :giggle:

I could have sworn I commented in this thread last night. .
:lachen::lachen::lachen: y'all are a mess!

As I read through this thread, I know y'all are gonna think I'm weak, but a tear comes to my eye. I'm not usually an oversensitive person, but the fact that you guys took even if ONE minute out of your day to say a kind word, thank a poster, or even ask a question means so much to me.

you're just as awesome as the ladies have said you are! i love love love loveeee your hair and i've been "following" your progress for a while now. i CANNOT WAIT to reach your length. i am definitely guilty of not moisturizing my hair when im in protective styles but you have really inspired me to step up my game. THANK YOU NICHI!!! *fist pump*

i do have a really dumb question for you though. going from the previous posts (yes, i read the entire thread :lachen:) it seems that you're Nigerian. so are both your parents Nigerian? your hair looks very different from most Africans' hair that i have seen and i'm just curious to know.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Get it Nichi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ponytail is drool worthy! My hair wants to look like your when it grows up.

Amerie123

tell me how you like it with avocado, i may try that with mine too.

I get my hair straight by blow drying after detangling well. My dryer has a comb attachment. Then after my heat protectant is applied, I flat iron at around 385 and then i silk wrap with saran wrap and sit under the hair dryer for 15 minutes. I then wrap with my satin scarf over night and it's straight.

How are you keeping it from reverting??

robot.

i might try that mix with avocado butter instead. my hair hates shea butter in any non-commercial form for some reason, but avocado butter works great and isn't greasy. i agree, my product list should be really short, and it is, i just have so many DIFFERENT conditioners. LOL!

something i forgot....how are you getting your hair so straight (ex the ponytail)? is that a pro job, or DIY??? i always have this fuzzy "halo" around my head.

*ahem* i am also the official lhcf avocado butter stan.

try it. now. :yep:

Stepiphanie

Wow!! :drool::drool: How have I missed this? Amazing progress girl. You were one of my first inspirations to go natural, I use to stalk that fotki HARD!! lol. Need to get back to doing that :look:

darlingdiva

Yes, Nichi's hair is GORGEOUS!!!! She posted in another thread, and I literally didn't move the mouse for about 20 seconds b/c I was staring at her hair.

Kneechay

i do have a really dumb question for you though. going from the previous posts (yes, i read the entire thread :lachen:) it seems that you're Nigerian. so are both your parents Nigerian? your hair looks very different from most Africans' hair that i have seen and i'm just curious to know.

Thanks so much. Haha, it 'seems' as I'm Nigerian? :lachen: Yeah, both my parents are Nigerian and so am I. I was born in Nigeria also, I only got my citizenship to the the States in High School, I'd say in 1999/2000. Girl, I'm African African. I don't think my hair looks that different from most Africans. I think as black people, all our hair varies and I don't even think there's much difference in hair between Africans and African Americans. I think a lot of people assume that being from Africa automatically means that your hair has to be the kinkiest. I think that's a myth. My youngest sister has type 3 hair and my younger sister #4 who's the brightest skinned of us all, has the kinkiest type 4 hair. All same parents.

Furthermore, I think you think my hair is wavy or something and it's not. What you see is wet hair with crinkles out of braids or twists that haven't been agitated too much, so maybe you think my hair is wavy. This is what my hair generally looks like before and after blowdrying then ironing:

blowdryer without a comb attachment

blowdryer WITH a comb attachment

I'm a general 4a and I've met a lot of 4a Africans.

How are you keeping it from reverting??

I got your PM and I answered. Basically, I just keep it wrapped and I think the tension method of flat ironing helps with frizz. The flat iron I own says it prevents frizz and blocks humidity so maybe it actually works. I'm always skeptical, but it's a good flat iron. (Tool Science)

Nichi when r u posting an update full of pics? :love:
I posted an update when I removed my weave, but it wasn't of my hair straightened. I think straightened hair gets more love on this site. I wanted it to be a thread of posters revealing their hair after hide your hair challenges or de-weaving, you know? Asides from that, the only other pics I have are the ones I posted in this thread on the first page.

Pooks

I know, I saw her new siggy and headed straight over to her profile to give her props :yep:

Nichi girl, you got a fotki?