Should I trim hair even

sexy c

Ladies ive decided to give my hair a major trim. I have finally reached my goal of shoulder length:) but only in the back:( which really doesnt make me shoulder length. My sides stop at the end of my neck, in january they were at the end of my ear (major growth) my back is two inches past my neck, do u ladies think i should trim my back to the same length as my sides? also my ends on the sides are thin and so are my bangs

Shea

I just did a trim this morning because of breaking issues. My sides are short too and my back is touching shoulder. Personally I would just wait for it to catch up but keep your ends healthy and may be use topical growth on the specific area such as WGO or MTG. I want the tappered front look anyway so I dont care if the sides are shorter than the back.

MzOptimistic

sexy c said:
Ladies ive decided to give my hair a major trim. I have finally reached my goal of shoulder length:) but only in the back:( which really doesnt make me shoulder length. My sides stop at the end of my neck, in january they were at the end of my ear (major growth) my back is two inches past my neck, do u ladies think i should trim my back to the same length as my sides? also my ends on the sides are thin and so are my bangs

I don't see any reason why you should trim your back the same length as your sides...you would be cutting unnessarily, if the back is not damaged...leave it be....pleaasseeee:grin: and if your ends/bangs are thin and not damaged...I would leave them alone too until you make more progress...JMHO:) if you just can't stand the thin ends...do what you gotta do....BUT don't touch the back..(I act like it's my hair) lol

Last edited:

Kimberly

Well, how do you wear your hair? If you are wearing it in buns or other protective styles where people can't even see the ends or any uneveness then, no. If you wear your hair out/down all the time, I can see where you might want to dust your ends to freshen them up a bit but I wouldn't see a full blown "trim" until more progress was made. That is just my opinion. Whatever you decide, I'm sure will be the right decision for you.

Oh, and don't trim if you think you might regret it afterwards.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I agree, maybe adding some castor oil to ya DC alot of ladies say it helps thicken the hair up and also Biotin and other b vitamins.
tsmith said:
I don't see any reason why you should trim your back the same length as your sides...you would be cutting unnessarily, if the back is not damaged...leave it be....pleaasseeee:grin: and if your ends/bangs are thin and not damaged...I would leave them alone too until you make more progress...JMHO:) if you just can't stand the thin ends...do what you gotta do....BUT don't touch the back..(I act like it's my hair) lol

KiniKakes

I would not trim. I think that's losing too much length unnecessarily, esp. since the hair in the back is not damaged, right? Most folks on this board, and in general, have longer hair in the back than the front. Trust me, it will catch up eventually.....

goldensensation

KiniKakes said:
I would not trim. I think that's losing too much length unnecessarily, esp. since the hair in the back is not damaged, right? Most folks on this board, and in general, have longer hair in the back than the front. Trust me, it will catch up eventually.....

What she said! ^^^

tthreat08

What's your goal? If your goal is to have hair that is healthy and all one length, I'd say cut it. Also, if your hair on the sides and bangs are thin, then you'll need to decide if cutting the back will make you more frustrated with the sides.

I cut my hair to all one length, but my hair was healthy all over and my goal was to have it all one lnegth. I think I would be most concerned with getting the sides and bangs healthy. So, I'd say don't cut it so you can continue protective styles while you nurse the sides back to health.....OR....cut it and where a natural style that willl minimize heat and promote your sides to grow.

sexy c

Thanks ladies I will not trim and leave it alone. I usually wear roller sets with doesnt show the uneven of my hair. i had a wrap done a couple of days ago and saw how I had to comb part of the back towards the front which made me sick to the stomach:(

gymfreak336

Leave it alone. I am going through a similar situation. My sides and front grow really fast but my back is about two inches behind. I have deciced just to get a trim and lightly layer the back so that I have a better overall shape but still retain some length. If the rest isn't damaged leave it alone. Just give those lagging areas some extra attention. I am just going to baby the back and hopefully it will catch up.