I've Reached My Goal!!

Stormy

Re: I\'ve Reached My Goal!!

Thanks ladies!!

shelli, my hair is in lots of layers so I usually wear my hair either curled under, full curls loose for more body, or I where it flipped. Other times I just pull it back into a bun. I was trying to post a link to some photos of Robin Meade, the CNN anchor. My hair styles are pretty close to hers, layered shag, just not as thick. Also if you've seen the July issue of Essence with Whitney on the front, I styled my hair (kinda) like that yesterday and it looked pretty nice for about 10 minutes until the humidity hit!

leejure

Doesn't it feel good to know that all your hard work and money is not going to waste! Congratulations, and continue to Grow on!

-lee

Stormy

Oh and shelli my regimen is as follows:

Relax with Motions Mild every 10-12 weeks
I mostly do wet sets with my dryer set to cool, sometimes warm.

Nexxus Keraphix protein cream one week BEFORE my relaxer and Nexxus Emergencee one week AFTER my relaxer

Kera Care Hydrating Detangling Shampoo

Kera Care Humecto Conditioner

Wild Growth Oil (once a week for my scalp)

ORS Carrot oil

Kera Care's Foaming Wrap Lotion
Occasionally I'll use Kera Care's leave in conditioner too
I trim my hair as needed which is usually once every 2-3 months now. Just a light dusting of the ends. I also wear protective styles, especially as I get more new growth.

shelli4018

I'll try Motions Mild next time I touch up. I used regular last time and burned like crazy!

Stormy

[ QUOTE ]
You started from ear length? Did it take 12-14 weeks for it to grow? What was the process?
Congrats!
DDHair

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurrrl I wish!!!
No my process started last March 2002 after I made my last trip to the hair salon. I started with a fresh short layered cut (she was always cutting my hair!) and instead of going back to her 4 weeks later as she always strongly insisted, I waited....and waited....until I could go up to 10 weeks without a relaxer. I wore braids off and on and buns. I keep it moist, extra moist! I forgot to add that in my regimen I also use a spray moisturizer when wearing my buns or braids. I wash once or twice a week (Conditioner wash one week, shampoo the next). I stuck with my regular routine, same products, although I've added a couple of new ones and it's finally paying off!

E

EgyptianSand16

congratulation
stuff like this just motivates me to stay on track with my goal
pics please

Lisa

Congratulation!! I hope you know that for a realative
hearing this is exciting

adrienne0914

congratulations, stormy! doesn't it feel great to SEE that what you're doing is working?

i was the same way with my goal length. my original goal was bra strap . now i'm trying for waist just to see if i can. i think that's it for me. it's a pain in the butt to manage the longer it gets. so i'm sure that's it for me... yeah right!

oh.. LOL @ a feathered hair site! i done seen it all now!

Stormy

[ QUOTE ]
congratulations, stormy! doesn't it feel great to SEE that what you're doing is working?

i was the same way with my goal length. my original goal was bra strap . now i'm trying for waist just to see if i can. i think that's it for me. it's a pain in the butt to manage the longer it gets. so i'm sure that's it for me... yeah right!

oh.. LOL @ a feathered hair site! i done seen it all now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does! I could really use some more thickness in the back though. I'm concentrating on keeping that part extra moist. The feathered site lol! I think her hair looks kinda flat on those pics, but that's as close as I could get to showing how mine looks. I've gotta hurry up and get my pics together.
Your's is so thick and nice! I'm sure you'll be at waist length soon! Happy growing!

Stormy

You ladies are so supportive! Seeing all of the congrats with the smiley faces, balloons, etc...so sweet! I feel like I'm at a party celebrating my success!