Should Christians Listen To Hip-Hop?

Cinnabuns

bludacious said:
Thanks Cinnabuns! I can tell that you are truly a strong Christian. But, I just would like to say to you that. There is no need for you to defend your beliefs. (this is one reason I don't like to take part in Christian threads) You just pray to God to send you the wisdom to understand his will. We have all sin and come short of the Glory. When judgement day comes, we will all have our chance to stand before the king! So, stay strong!

Thank you for the complements and for such encouraging words, I will never forget them.

God Bless you bludacious :)

Honeyhips

Lovely
What a shame

You are so much more than a "B" why are you calling yourself that? You are a child of God and he does not create these if you are of His.
:violin:This is comical. I know who I am, and who I belong to. I don't have to proove my Christianity to anyone, nor do I have to justify myself to you. (Or should I make a spin off thread asking for everyone's resume, how long have you been saved, have you sinned, how long have you spoke in tongues, do you serve in your church, and then you all can vote on what a real Christian is...:lachen: ).

I've been told on other boards that my writing style can be perceived as rude b/c I can be very blunt. (Something I never realized) The only reason why I explained myself was so people wouldn't think I was trying to be b*tchy and that I was honestly confused about what sugaplum was referring to. It is not my fault she got upset that someone questioned or disagreed with her. That is life, she'll learn to cope.
You are coming across as holier than thou. You truly don't get it.
Did you pray before you started to talk to me? :lachen: I seriously doubt it. If so, the Holy Spirit would have told you what was going on, and to leave his baby alone. :)

Cinnabuns said:
Then I would have to ask you this question then: Who's to say that it isn't?

Did you pray before you answered the previous question? You might want to do that because no matter what I say you are going to do it anyways, that's up to you and God not me and you. It looks like you are getting angry at the wrong person here.

Listen to music if you must, but for me I won't.
:huh: Why are you going in circles? Why can't you answer your own question? You brought this up. I'm not angry about anything. God and I have already dealt with whether or not I should listen to certain music, so for me it is a non issue. It appears that you had no intention of answering anything, and it was a feeble attempt to call me out. That is a shame. And very sad. I never questioned whether or not someone should listen to music. I never got into that discussion.

you are too much :lol:
You must've been praying. :lol:

Lovelylocs

I wouldnt say ALL hip hop, but probably a lot of it. LOL. I dont like many of those songs any way b/c they are degrading to women, blacks, and esp. black women. I find it offensive. I dont buy the cds, but sometimes I'll dance to it if it comes on at a party of smthg.
BTW My reasons have nothing to do w/religion... more w/sociology.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Ladies, I realize that when you are dealing with text it can be harder to communicate and even tho things are in black and white ideas and thoughts can still be misunderstood. Please lets not get to the point where we are going back and forth in personal attacks debating this issue. The Christianity forum should be the one place we can come together for enlightenment/encouragment with out added hostility and a lot of tit for tat posting. I trust y'all to keep the peace. :) Thanx.... :)

so1913

I just heard this man speak on Friday and had no idea what I was about to hear. I went in thinking "Oh goodness is this another basic Hip Hop is negative song" I left confused and conflicted. Some of the stuff presented has me in shock even till now. I am a HUGE music fan, most of my money goes to CD's, live shows, satallite radio, etc. But there is SOOOO much out there that we really aren't aware of when we listen to a lot of this. Prime example is the Grey Album, the Jay Z Black album mix tape released shortly after the Black Album. I have this as well as other Black album mixes...I've shared this with other people...to find out that one of the tracks played backwards, the DJ mixed Jay Z chanting "Murder, murder, murder Jesus" has me messed up in the head. I'm am just going to pray on it...it's crazy how the devil tries to get in our heads. Do I feel all music is demonic, no, but how do you know you aren't missing something that's been hidden so carefully.

Another thing that got me was the Three Six Mafia spill...I HATE this group, but never in a million years would I have thought the "three six" stood for six six six. I have no clue what those boys are saying, but to read and see the lyrics from some of there songs.....UNBELIVEABLE and UN-GODLY!!!! To hear the words and philosophy of one of the most respected hip hop artist KRS One on the basis of that 5 percent garbage (I knew it was craziness, but to REALLY learn about the basic beliefs)

To see a Animation from the Wu Tang Klan that showed the Wu-bird (their Wu Tang symbol of the "W" and bird together) fly and sever the head of Jesus....then see it absorbing the spirit out of the severed head of Jesus, and the Wu bird create the members of the Wu Tang Klan...Now, I'd love to find this for myself to offically see it's a Wu Tang production, but right now, knowing them, I'm going with it is and hope to be proven wrong. Why did ODB change his name to Big Baby Jesus? Why does Jay Z call himself Jay Hova and have everyone chanting his name and raising our hands in the air to him?

He didn't have time to get into Neo Soul, but he breifly touched on that. I'm thinking Neo Soul??? What in the world can be wrong with that! He mentioned Erykah Badu (who we all knew was off anyway, lol) and Andre naming their child Seven. . He explained that the number seven in the "5 percent" world represents the seventh letter of the alphabet, "G" which stands for God who they believe the black man and woman is.

I'm am not ready just yet to throw everything out. I have some research to do on my own and things to work through with God to get some understanding. At this point, I cannot ignore what I've been exposed to (although I kinda wish I wasn't...almost like ignorance is bliss, I know that's terrible!!!) because that would, for me, would be blatant blasphemy. It was soooo much to swallow and I wasn't prepared. This was an eye opener and I'm praying to God to find some peace in all of this because out of all my struggles in my working to become a better Christian, this one, music, is proving to be one of the biggest.

ETA: I didn't have a chance to read through this thread to see the turn it took. My intentions wasn't to start anything back up, so I hope this remains positive. I've just really been uneasy about all of this lately as I am working on strengthening my personal relationship and walk with God and needed to kinda let some stuff out.

Last edited:

qtgirl

I have not been to this seminar, but I believe that this man is using scare tactics for people to further his own agenda.

I would like to know what Jay-Z song he was talking about, because #1 who plays a song backwards? #2 I know most lyrics so maybe I can give some more insight.

Also, about Three Six Mafia, they have addressed this rumour about the name of the group and their lyrics before.

However, I say all that to say that if you truly want to be straight in your Christian walk then no you wouldn't listen to this music because of what it's saying pimping, violence, etc.

Lastly, I am a Christian, but just listening to music by someone who talks about their religion will not make a change in me.

I just heard this man speak on Friday and had no idea what I was about to hear. I went in thinking "Oh goodness is this another basic Hip Hop is negative song" I left confused and conflicted. Some of the stuff presented has me in shock even till now. I am a HUGE music fan, most of my money goes to CD's, live shows, satallite radio, etc. But there is SOOOO much out there that we really aren't aware of when we listen to a lot of this. Prime example is the Grey Album, the Jay Z Black album mix tape released shortly after the Black Album. I have this as well as other Black album mixes...I've shared this with other people...to find out that one of the tracks played backwards, the DJ mixed Jay Z chanting "Murder, murder, murder Jesus" has me messed up in the head. I'm am just going to pray on it...it's crazy how the devil tries to get in our heads. Do I feel all music is demonic, no, but how do you know you aren't missing something that's been hidden so carefully.

Another thing that got me was the Three Six Mafia spill...I HATE this group, but never in a million years would I have thought the "three six" stood for six six six. I have no clue what those boys are saying, but to read and see the lyrics from some of there songs.....UNBELIVEABLE and UN-GODLY!!!! To hear the words and philosophy of one of the most respected hip hop artist KRS One on the basis of that 5 percent garbage (I knew it was craziness, but to REALLY learn about the basic beliefs)

B

Bublnbrnsuga

qtgirl said:
I have not been to this seminar, but I believe that this man is using scare tactics for people to further his own agenda.

I would like to know what Jay-Z song he was talking about, because #1 who plays a song backwards? #2 I know most lyrics so maybe I can give some more insight.

Also, about Three Six Mafia, they have addressed this rumour about the name of the group and their lyrics before.

However, I say all that to say that if you truly want to be straight in your Christian walk then no you wouldn't listen to this music because of what it's saying pimping, violence, etc.

Lastly, I am a Christian, but just listening to music by someone who talks about their religion will not make a change in me.

Before Three 6 Mafia because well-known, they actually made raps surrounding devil worship and sacrificing. I know because I am from Memphis and while in junior high and high school, I used to listen to this stuff. Pure devil worship and I would like to know what they said Three-6 means because if you listened to their old stuff, it was self explanatory.

qtgirl

I didn't know that, however the songs that I have heard from them are vile even w/o being devil worshipping songs. I just did a google search on a list of their songs and by the titles alone, you would think a Christian wouldn't buy it anyway.
2-Way Freak Lyrics
44 Killers Lyrics
Act Like You Know Me Lyrics
Anyone Out There Lyrics
Ass N Titties Lyrics
Baby Mama Lyrics
Barrin' You *****es Lyrics
Big Mouth, Big Talk Lyrics
Can I Get Paid Lyrics
D-Suckin'-H Lyrics
Da First Date Lyrics
Die A Soldier Lyrics
Dis *****, Dat Hoe Lyrics
Don't Make Me Kill Lyrics
Don't Trust 'Em Lyrics
Drive By Lyrics
From Da Back Lyrics
**** Y'all Hoes Lyrics
Gangsta *****z Lyrics
Hoes Can Be Like *****s Lyrics
I'm So Hi Lyrics
Jus Like Us Lyrics
Just Anotha Crazy Click Lyrics
Land of the Lost Lyrics
Late Night Tip Lyrics
M.E.M.P.H.I.S. Lyrics
Mafia Lyrics
Mafia *****z Lyrics
Mean Mug Lyrics
O.V. Lyrics
Pass Me Lyrics
Pimpin And Robbin Lyrics
Project Hoes Lyrics
Put Ya Signs Lyrics
Ridin' On Chrome Lyrics
ridin' spinners Lyrics
Sippin' On Some Syrup Lyrics
Slob On My Knob Lyrics
Slob On My Nob Lyrics
Take A Bump Lyrics
They Don't **** Wit U Lyrics
Tongue Ring Lyrics
Touched Wit It Lyrics
U Got Da Game Wrong Lyrics
War Wit Us Lyrics
We 'Bout To Ride Lyrics
We Shootin' 1st Lyrics
Weak *** ***** Lyrics
Whatcha Know Lyrics
Where Da Cheese At Lyrics
Who Run It Lyrics
Wona Get Some, I Got Some Lyrics

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Before Three 6 Mafia because well-known, they actually made raps surrounding devil worship and sacrificing. I know because I am from Memphis and while in junior high and high school, I used to listen to this stuff. Pure devil worship and I would like to know what they said Three-6 means because if you listened to their old stuff, it was self explanatory.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Yeah, my sister was telling me about Three Six Mafia's song "Stay Fly" and in the background, this girl is saying, "Lucifer! You're my King! You're my god!" while Three Six is saying "I gotta stay fly-y-y-yyy-y-yy-y-yy-yyy."

Plus, look at their name: Three Six = 666! That's self explanatory there.... so sad.

so1913

Bublnbrnsuga said:

Yes, that's what some friends have told me and the same thing that was presented at the program. They quoted threesix mafia lyrics and it was demonic no doubt. I wish I bought a pen and paper to look some of this stuff independently.

For the record, I've NEVER listened to this kind of crap, I've dispissed this group and music and other groups with similar styles since before I was aware of this stuff.

Last edited:

so1913

qtgirl said:

It's on the Grey album by DJ Dangermouse, track 11 Interlude/Lucifer. The actual track makes no sense when played forward. I searched on line and other people have recorded it reverse just to see what the deal was (independent of exministries or hearing of) and have discovered the messages. I right now have my friend who gave me the album way back when have someone to record it in reverse to check it out for myself, again, independent of exministries.

My whole thing is I'm not going to defend it, nor go along with the argument before I've done research of my own. I'm convinced that I need to pay more attention to what I listen too because you really never know...especially if you aren't specifically looking for "it" to begin with.

Last edited:

so1913

Poohbear said:
Yeah, my sister was telling me about Three Six Mafia's song "Stay Fly" and in the background, this girl is saying, "Lucifer! You're my King! You're my god!" while Three Six is saying "I gotta stay fly-y-y-yyy-y-yy-y-yy-yyy."

Plus, look at their name: Three Six = 666! That's self explanatory there.... so sad.

That's what I've heard as well....

I couldn't stand them in the first place, but now.....

princesmich

As christians our lives should bring glory to God if it doesn't bring glory to him and the message is not pleasing no we should not be listening to it by the way go to this site about the truth behind hip hop www.exministries.com after you take a look let me know how you feel about the subject.

princesmich

Because of it's origin and what Hip Hop originally represented in it's earlier stages, we cannot embrace it as Christians. Their can be no Holy Hip Hoppers or no Christian Hip Hop because the culture cannot lend itself to the direction of the Holy Spirit. Yes, we do have very powerful Christian rap groups that preach the word of God through rap, but we must not get confused and call what they are doing Hip Hop. You have to understand that God does not embrace anything that has a corrupt origin. The very word "HipHop" was used by Afrikka Bambatta, the pioneer of the culture and professed Zulu Nation god, to describe the parties that he was hosting in clubs across New York in the early 70's. Since then, he has developed a religion that rested upon the Hip Hop culture. The culture is not from God, therefore, it should not be used by the people of God to describe anything that is of God!
People, please understand that Hip Hop is a way of governing your life. Therefore, it cannot be exploited as a Christian way of living. We understand that KRS-ONE and Afrika Bambaata have used the term Hip Hop to describe emceeing, deejaying, breakdancing, and other forms of entertainment, but Hip Hop is also, to them, a religion and a way of worshipping ourselves instead of the Lord Jesus Christ. How can we as believers hold on to this culture when it's origin is rooted in witchcraft and voodoo? How can we call ourselves Holy Hip Hoppers when this move of the enemy is influential enough to persuade Christians to protect it and defend it as a culture that should be embraced by the church even though it's founders don't embrace Jesus Christ? God forbid. My people, search the word of God for yourself. 2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
The positive aspects of Hip Hop are dung as far as the word of God is concerned. The negatives far out weigh the positives. Listen to the voice of the Lord on this one. God will not embrace what the world has developed as a means of glorifying that which is carnal and sin filled. Therefore, being a Holy HipHopper is the just like saying I am a Holy Pimp or a Gospel Gangsta or a Thug for Christ! God forbid. The old man is dead! Come on Christians, stop loving the things of the world and what the world has taught us. God wants to come and totally wipe away the old man, the old thought process and the old carnal identity that we obtained through poverty, sin, abandonment, fatherlessness, hurt, anger, and prejudice. Sure, we struggled, but once we are set free, we must walk in the newness of live in Jesus Christ.
So, we support Christian rappers that preach the unedited word of God in their music, but we will never embrace the culture of Hip Hop or any other culture of man. We will only support the set apart, sanctified lifestyle of the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ.
Romans 6:6, Ephesians 4:22, Colosians 3:9
What it is? Da 3:10

Hip-hop is not rap! Rapping is style of conveying a message, like singing, humming, whistling, etc. Hip-hop is a culture, or way of living and governing your life. There is also a style of music that is a part of the hip-hop culture, but it’s not just represented by rap.

The founders and original pioneers of this culture teach that it is a religion. They teach that it is a tool to point people to the their god. Not the God of the Holy Bible. KRS-ONE teaches that the bible is irrelevant to the knowledge of his god. Hip-hop is a very effective tool for the degradation of our nations youth. KRS-ONE and the Temple of Hip Hop teaches that this culture was designed to give knowledge to self, or to show the Black man himself as god! He also teaches that we should accept Hip Hop as an organized religion and accept Hip Hop's drug of choice, marijuana!

What is its purpose? 2Ti 3:1

To set the stage for the coming of the antichrist and teach his doctrine of self-worship and knowledge of self.
To blur the existence and reality of the true and living God of the Holy Bible.
To lead youth into rebellion against the righteousness of God’s word.
To steal the true “meaning” or “purpose” of existence from our youth and lead them to early
death before they can fulfill their God given destiny.

Where did it come from? Da 11:38

The true origin of Hip Hop can be traced back as far as Africa. The Zulu Nation, a group of rebels under the leadership of Afrika Bambaata, started the music and religious aspects of hip hop in the late 70’s.
What does it produce? Ga 5:19

Youth with no fear. Youth with no purpose. Youth with no respect for authority. Youth with no parental guidance. Youth with no regards for their bodies, appearance, self-respect or futures. Hip Hop drives every aspect of our youths lives in most cases. They live it, breathe it, wear it and die for it. Hip-hop has done what no other tool of the devil has been able to do at this level. It has influenced all races, all ages, and all low-income areas in America. Hip-hop itself is a very weak demon, but has gone unattested for so long, that it has a major following.

How do you know when youth are under the influence of Hip Hop? Isa 5:20

1. The music – This is the number one source of influence. This is the evangelical tool for spreading the spirit of hip-hop abroad. You can easily tell when youth are into gangsta rap and explicit lyrical content. They show it in the behavior and the choices they make in life.
2. The clothing – Sagging jeans, tight fitted tops and bottoms, gang related outfits, prison attire. These are the clothes that hip hop influences our teens to wear freely. What was once considered appropriate only for prostitutes and hardened criminals is now acceptable attire for our youth!

3. The markings – Tattoos, piercing, strange hairstyles, gold teeth, vicious jewelry (dragons, dogs, snakes, etc) and the crucifix are all products of the hip hop culture. The devil wants our children marked like Cain, to show their pledge of allegiance to rebellion and self-gratification. These marking follow our youth and make it very hard to convert them back to their original identity.
4. The mentality – Hip-hop causes youth to be rebellious. To use foul language in public. To commit very strong sexual acts with other youth. To feel they have nothing to lose. To give up on their “good” values and take on the negativity of the hip hop culture.

ights Reserved

princesmich

In hip hop –
a. Prison is a good place. To be arrested and beat the rap makes you a hero.
b. Teen pregnancy is accepted as the norm.
c. Sex is good. Getting VD is not even frowned upon. Having multiple partners okay.
d. Homosexuality and Bi Sexuality is normal and accepted.
e. Serving God and sin together is the norm.
f. God forgives sin, so it’s okay.
g. Foul language and physical abuse is accepted.
h. Bad grades in school are okay.
i. Using drugs and drinking is accepted.
j. Murder is good thing, if you deserve it.
k. Choosing a god other than Jesus Christ is okay.
l. Love is just a word.
m. Being a thug is cool. Looking like you just robbed a bank is the norm.
n. The white man is not fair and holds the black man down.
o. Church, the bible, preachers, etc. are not needed. We can learn on our own.
p. XXX behavior is accepted and preached lyrically in the music.
q. Anything goes, as long as you are feeling it.

How do we stop it? Ro 12:2

We as believers must fight against it. Not embrace it. It must start in the church. We must raise the standard of our churches and form anti Hip Hop youth groups. We cannot promote this culture in our churches. Many churches try to use secular music, hip-hop attitudes and customs to try to reach out to the youth. But we must not be conformed to the world. We must pray for the transformation. The renewing of the mind by the power of God. It can be done, but it must be done through us. We must educate, research, and warn parents, teachers, counselors and youth about the dangers of this culture and the consequences of sin.

The EX Daily Word can be delivered to you Mon-Fri directly to your email address.
Just type you email address in the space below and press submit.

http://www.exministries.com @2004 G. Craige Works All R

BerrySweet

princesmich said:
In hip hop –
a. Prison is a good place. To be arrested and beat the rap makes you a hero.
b. Teen pregnancy is accepted as the norm.
c. Sex is good. Getting VD is not even frowned upon. Having multiple partners okay.
d. Homosexuality and Bi Sexuality is normal and accepted.
e. Serving God and sin together is the norm.
f. God forgives sin, so it’s okay.
g. Foul language and physical abuse is accepted.
h. Bad grades in school are okay.
i. Using drugs and drinking is accepted.
j. Murder is good thing, if you deserve it.
k. Choosing a god other than Jesus Christ is okay.
l. Love is just a word.
m. Being a thug is cool. Looking like you just robbed a bank is the norm.
n. The white man is not fair and holds the black man down.
o. Church, the bible, preachers, etc. are not needed. We can learn on our own.
p. XXX behavior is accepted and preached lyrically in the music.
q. Anything goes, as long as you are feeling it.

How do we stop it? Ro 12:2

We as believers must fight against it. Not embrace it. It must start in the church. We must raise the standard of our churches and form anti Hip Hop youth groups. We cannot promote this culture in our churches. Many churches try to use secular music, hip-hop attitudes and customs to try to reach out to the youth. But we must not be conformed to the world. We must pray for the transformation. The renewing of the mind by the power of God. It can be done, but it must be done through us. We must educate, research, and warn parents, teachers, counselors and youth about the dangers of this culture and the consequences of sin.

The EX Daily Word can be delivered to you Mon-Fri directly to your email address.
Just type you email address in the space below and press submit.

http://www.exministries.com @2004 G. Craige Works All R
What are all of the red X's supposed to be?

so1913

BerrySweet said:
What are all of the red X's supposed to be?

I think she just copied and pasted from the web page and they are graphics that could not be posted.

Poohbear

so1913 said:
That's what I've heard as well....

I couldn't stand them in the first place, but now.....
But I actually heard this sung straight out in the song... no playing backwards or anything... They are singing it kinda low where you can't tell what they are saying because when they are singing "I gotta stay flyyyyyy" it overpowers the ladies in the background singing about Lucifer being their king and god. :(

BerrySweet

Poohbear said:
But I actually heard this sung straight out in the song... no playing backwards or anything... They are singing it kinda low where you can't tell what they are saying because when they are singing "I gotta stay flyyyyyy" it overpowers the ladies in the background singing about Lucifer being their king and god. :(
So that's what they really are saying??? Good grief! I saw some lyrics to another one of their songs were they were questioing Jesus being our saviour.

How can you have faith in a god
That can not even control creation
How can he lead you to salvation
There is no hope in chaos only
Welcome to the other side of reality
And this is your eternity
(eternity)

(Juicy J)
The end of the world
I can see it comin'
So I pack my nine millimeters and I start
Huntin'
For these *****s that talk ****
Man these hoes will never quit until ya
Leave'em hangin' from a tree or thrown
In a ditch
Which one of you
*****s think you really got them guts
To walk up to his house, knock on his door
Let'em feel the buck shots of a 12 gauge
Backed up by an A-K
Fore you go to bed at night you *****es
Better kneel and pray
Cause when it's business
We takin' care our business
I'm clappin' on any of a witness
Or any who wanna get in it
Man this **** is real
Not them stories you put in your raps
Not even that bull**** you talk behind
A ***** back
Let me make it simple and plain
Run up and you'll get your brains-blown
To the side of the curb with that plastic
Thang-thang nina glock 19
With the 20 clip
You don't wanna **** with this
You don't wanna **** with this

Chorus x4
Therefore all you clicks, and you clans
And you crews
****in',****in' with this click
And we gon' bring it to your ass

(Koopsta Knicca)
Man for what any crime I swear I'll die
Before I do some time
***** the Koopsta massive when I murder
With the mutha****in' plastic nine
Corpses that we tortured in the chevy
Voices won't let me rest
Could this be the end yet
Or a message sent from Satan (***** omens)
They open the gates of horror
For them horror lords

We tortured the cases who arrested
The faces of triple six
That which is sorcerer

(Kill that *****, chop that *****)
Or you might get caught on a crucifix
I'm sick of that burning inside of my
Cradle I'm wishin' that He could just come

Yet
This nina gots no trigger so I'm clickin'
Real quick like a serial killa mon'
Straight from that cell for real'a
I'll buck you dead my *****
And it's a shame when I dropped'em off
The break mane
In return I got no thangs
I went in dark room fool Koop be jackin'
For their thang
Everytime I see's you slippin'
I go into a my Mac-10 (Mac-10)
Victims of my devil's playground
Come burn with me until the end

Chorus x4

(Lord Infamous)
Totin' the dead body over my shoulder
And sure to break out with my shovel
Or let evil look forward
And I start to dig up and toss in the body
And give up more money as bank of the sore
Three seperate bodies hacked up with a axe
And I think a big sack
Been chewed up by rats
I'm just writing these poems
They bring to renown cause a triple six
Night to rescore
Split rists with nee-dles in my fists
And amidst', thy clicks, of tricks

No I'm not a Christian
But I'm mentally ill and I don't
Understand all the reasons
Well I think it's killin' season
And neither does my schitzophrenic friends
So therefore ***** due to my mental
Defocalty
Scarecrow is only entertained
By helping enemies bleed
Let all the bodies soak in all the blood
Let's go smoke with that chick with no pity
I bloody cut chop up they shell goes in
20 gauge
Finally thinkin' like I was fright-nit-ting
I'm havin'no thoughts
Of the lives I've done lost
When I'm blazin' that stupid gauge fire
Cause I'm havin' a halloween slaughter
It turned my gun focal
Just thank Micheal Myers
No mutilation's paralyzations
Got no patience when I'm chasin'
Down a patient
Tryin' to thwart assassination

Chorus x4

(Dj Paul)
I'm on a cross loose up off these
Cut me free (cut me free)
I'l draw your portrait if you put me
Down on my feet (down on my feet)
My cross turns upside down
And finally I'm loose
I flip the land and released up of some
Sinners Scarecrow and the Juice
I look to the sky and all I could say was
"Well finally it's on again"
No lord could stop us now
Cause the demons reborn again
My praise
The first power found me
So I could never cower

Without a mind fool murder bust and bounce
I'll tell you half about this antichrist
Look into my eyes tell me what you see
The demonic man about scarecrowism
Saints can you feel me

I try for years and years
Sinkin' this one day of depression
Stormy weather and church bells
Ringin' to the election of a new-follower
Follow me into the trees
Watch me rob Adam

And watch me rape Eve
In this eve-much destruction
Most will probably wonder
With Dj Paul, the Triple Six click
And Hell take'em under

-Laughter-

(Juicy J)
*****, now never

-Laughter-

-Sounds of rain and church bells fade-

Poohbear

Wow BerrySweet! Those are some horrible lyrics. :nono: how can they sing about this crap? And make lots of money off of it too? :(

so1913

BerrySweet said:
So that's what they really are saying??? Good grief! I saw some lyrics to another one of their songs were they were questioing Jesus being our saviour.

Yep, this is the song that he used as an example. CRAZY, isn't it???!!!???!!!!

BerrySweet

Poohbear said:
Wow BerrySweet! Those are some horrible lyrics. :nono: how can they sing about this crap? And make lots of money off of it too? :(
I know!!! And to think, I acutally enjoyed some of their songs! I feel ill just thiking about it-thank the Lord I was shown this.

kit25

I am so glad that I found this thread. Since salvation I haven't had a hard time believing that secular music including hip-hop is the devil's music, but to be honest I have found myself liking a song because of the beat and passively listening along, or watching videos from time to time when I'm bored.

This information has been a real eye opener for me and has really turned me off to secular music especially rap. I had no idea about Ja Rule & Jay Hova considering themselves gods, or just how bad the roots of hip-hop are. (Bad root, bad fruit.) This has really inspired me to take a stronger stand for righteous and holiness in terms of the things I listen to and watch.

Yesterday, I watched and listened to some of the downloads at exministries.com and I just ordered the 4 DVD set about hip-hop. I'm really looking forward to learning more about this.

Poohbear

BerrySweet said:
I know!!! And to think, I acutally enjoyed some of their songs! I feel ill just thiking about it-thank the Lord I was shown this.
Yeah, I used to like listening to their songs too back when I was in high school. I'm just glad that now we both see the light of this all. :)

NtheNameofJesus!

i read some of these posts...not all, it's like 18 pages long now:)....but

the biggest thing to ME is: what does God say about all this? does God laugh at what WE laugh at...or would He call that an abomination, or sin? if our lives are truly no longer OUR lives, then it's not up to us to make a decision! if we were bought by God, and we belong to Him, then my mind belongs to Him, my body, this temple, belongs to Him. why subject the Holy Ghost to filthy music, to bad tv shows, to nasty stuff!?? We put the HG through so much....and then act like "well, God knows my heart!" indeed, He does! but He also desires that that same heart He knows please Him in all things....did ya'll know that in the scripture, "delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"....desire there means to find pleasure in and bring pleasure too! God should be delighting in us! is He delighting in me? am i pleasing Him with my life?

that's what it's all about. i have heard MANY MANY arguments on this subject (and i'm a hardcore supporter of g. craige...gotta have a g. craige quote everyday! lol), but to me it all boils down to how much i really love God and want to please Him. it's not about my religiousity or my holiness, but about God's holiness and His standards. God loves us soooooo much that He was willing to give His Son for our sins....all throughout the Bible God has shown His love for us over and over and over again. God's love for us is abounding and ever flowing! Isn't it only fitting that as my "reasonable service" I try my best to love the Lord back, my sacrificing my life, my thinking, MY ways, My will, to Him? Lord, let our love for YOU increase more and more so that we desire to please You in everything, being willing to let go of things we need to let go off at anytime to glorify You even the more. in Jesus' Name, amen!:)

Poohbear

NtheNameofJesus! said:
i read some of these posts...not all, it's like 18 pages long now:)....but

the biggest thing to ME is: what does God say about all this? does God laugh at what WE laugh at...or would He call that an abomination, or sin? if our lives are truly no longer OUR lives, then it's not up to us to make a decision! if we were bought by God, and we belong to Him, then my mind belongs to Him, my body, this temple, belongs to Him. why subject the Holy Ghost to filthy music, to bad tv shows, to nasty stuff!?? We put the HG through so much....and then act like "well, God knows my heart!" indeed, He does! but He also desires that that same heart He knows please Him in all things....did ya'll know that in the scripture, "delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"....desire there means to find pleasure in and bring pleasure too! God should be delighting in us! is He delighting in me? am i pleasing Him with my life?

that's what it's all about. i have heard MANY MANY arguments on this subject (and i'm a hardcore supporter of g. craige...gotta have a g. craige quote everyday! lol), but to me it all boils down to how much i really love God and want to please Him. it's not about my religiousity or my holiness, but about God's holiness and His standards. God loves us soooooo much that He was willing to give His Son for our sins....all throughout the Bible God has shown His love for us over and over and over again. God's love for us is abounding and ever flowing! Isn't it only fitting that as my "reasonable service" I try my best to love the Lord back, my sacrificing my life, my thinking, MY ways, My will, to Him? Lord, let our love for YOU increase more and more so that we desire to please You in everything, being willing to let go of things we need to let go off at anytime to glorify You even the more. in Jesus' Name, amen!:)
You are EXACTLY right! This is so true what you have said. It's not about us or what we think or what society thinks. It's ALL about God.

Emotional_High

Whoa! I remember the last time i was here and the same king of thread was posted by another member who a lot of ppl were getting upset at. Now people are really talking about it like crazy. So many pages! Im glad to see that we can stick together and not let this music corrupt our minds.

As i said when i was here last time, It doesn't have to necessarily be the lyrics of the songs but the rythm and beat of the song that can do much damage. If any part of the music is not created from the source from which we eminated (love) then it is no good for our souls.

So when you hear those hip hop beat with christian lyrics that is like burning an angel in hell fire. If anyone cares to study kinesiology you will see that even the strongest man on earth will go WEAK when exposed to hip hop beats. But when exposes to christian beats his muscles will be even stronger than he thought they were. (don't mean to sound like dr phil)

Trini"T"

Yeah Three-6 mafia are devil-worshippers. I mean its clear by their name. Some(edited the word "dumb" bcuz some people just don't know better...not necessarily dumb) people think Three-six has to do with a CRIP set but no they're also known as Triple-six mafia(666). I never like that group because their name alone gave them away:(

Last edited:

mahogany

iiBlackBarbieii said:
Yeah Three-6 mafia are devil-worshippers. I mean its clear by their name. Dumb people think Three-six has to do with a CRIP set but no they're also known as Triple-six mafia(666). I never like that group because their name alone gave them away:(

ok I have asked around about this and most people have no clue if they are devil worshippers are not. I think until you guys actually hear them say they are out of their mouth then it is very unchristian like to call them something you have no clue they are. Just like this guy claiming that Aaliyah's role as Queen of the Damned was the reason for her death is just speculation and it really kills me to hear Christians actually believe that mess.