Short hair in the nape area won't grow !!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Short hair in the nape area won\'t grow !!

Every since that shaved in the back bob haircut I got when I was 19 I have not been able to get my nape hairs to grow. I have grown my hair past shoulder length and that nape hair still remains less than an inch. What am I doing wrong here? If the rest of the hair grows why won't this hair in the back grow? Anyone have any comments or suggestions.

G

Re: Short hair in the nape area won\'t grow !!

MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE &Try not to brush, relax or manipulate the fragile hair in the nape of your neck too often.

KinksnCurlz

Thanks for the info... I always wondered the same thing. And I had the short bob with the scissor cut in the back too when I was a teen...LOL

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to braid it and keep the heat off for a while. I currently press my hair. It is partially relaxed. I have gained about 3 inches of natural hair since quitting relaxers in Dec of 2002. It is a little past chin length. The back still seems to grow very slow despite being in its natural state. I only have about 1 inch in the nape area. It is kind of frustrating due to the fact that I would like to wear my hair up sometimes! Does anyone have anymore comments or suggestions?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

If anymore ladies have experienced this problem and have some advice I could sure use it! Thanks in advance!

iCandey

i have experienced this...i found the suggestions on another thread helpful relating to this helpful...do a search I think the title had the word "bush" in it..

Kitkat

I find that braiding up this section every nite can be pretty helpful towards encouraging growth in this area.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
i have experienced this...i found the suggestions on another thread helpful relating to this helpful...do a search I think the title had the word "bush" in it..

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thread:
Thread on caring for nape hair...

I'm growing out my nape area and I've been using some of the tips above w/much success!