Shedding Hair. HeLP

A

AmilLion

What to do? Over the past three weeeks, I've noticed excessive shedding of my hair. I'm not stressed, however, I was on birth control pills for a month. When I noticed the shedding, it was when I reached the green pills. I completed the pack and three weeks later I'm still noticing the shedding. What to do? I don't want thin stringy hair

Should I go back in vitamins?

miss_brown

Sorry to hear about your shedding. I don't know of any topical products that could help you, but MSM has definitely been a hairsaver for me. I was taking the powder form from www.puremsm.com, but now I'm switching to the tablets from Puritan's Pride. Every time I take this supplement, I see a marked reduction in shedding. HTH

itismehmmkay

On the bright side of at least it's shedding as opposed to breaking. Shedding can be rescued a bit quicker than breaking.

One thing that might work is making sure that your scalp and your hair roots are moisturized. Try some conditioner-only washes for a while. I'd say, about two weeks straight? Maybe your shampoo is drying your scalp out. Also, try finger-combing your hair more as opposed to using an actual comb. Perhaps, this will give you root more time to decide if it really wants to come out or not
(lol...I have no idea if that's true...)

Anyway...all these recommendations are based on assumptions of you following the average black woman's regimen.

Why don't you post your regimen

krys

nita4

Amilion, Adreinne had this problem last winter I believe and she pretty much had to wait until the pills were out of her system. Not sure, but you may want to PM her.

Spagirl

If it's a point of getting it out of your system then drink plenty of water daily and get in some exercise to help move it out. I have evern heard of people going on a detoxifying diet to cleanse their systems. But I don't know if the process will cause more shedding.

beana3

First I would suggest taking more b-vitamins. BC pills cause b-vitamin deficiencies and you may have to supplement yourself that way.

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
well I have been suffering with severe shedding for almost a year now and my hair's thickness is definetly showing this problem. The motions 32 day program helped a little but i still have a lot of breakage! Just want to let you know you are not alone!