Shedding Hair

rayne

Ok, for the past few weeks I've noticed that my hair has been shedding quite a bit, mainly when I wash it (approximately 10-30 hairs). I know that shedding is normal but the amount I've been getting lately is not normal for me. I was wondering if it's due to the pregnancy? I'm due in a couple of days, but I thought that the shedding starts AFTER you give birth, not BEFORE!!! I bought some Mizani Kerafuse (a protein conditioner) to see if that helps, but if the shedding is due to the pregnancy, will anything work to stop it???

pebbles

Hi Rayne,

If the shedding is due to the pregnancy, there's not much you can do. But don't worry, it will stop soon. I experienced a great amount of shedding with both of my boys. Just let it take it's course. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rayne

Oh my, I was hoping you wouldn't say that! About how long will it take for it to stop?? I think I read somewhere on-line that it may take up to 2 or 3 months? Is that true?

pebbles

It took me about that much time. Those darned hormones! There really isn't much you can do about it. Perhaps deep condition a little more and keep it really moisturized, but some will definately come out. It won't last for too long, thank God! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fatima

You can do a massive vitamin cure after birth, especially with iron supplements.
Talk to you doctor about it, but some vitamin intake does help.

F.

rayne

Well, since I plan on breastfeeding I will have to continue taking my prenatal vitamins and iron pills anyway. So, hopefully the shedding won't last that long. But shoot, 2-3 months!! That's totally messes up my plans! I'll be returning to work after 2 months and I had planned on getting my hair relaxed and colored during that time /images/graemlins/frown.gif Dang, the price of being a new mom /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Thanks for your help ladies /images/graemlins/grin.gif