Shea Butter

c_octavia

Hi, I was wondering if any of you ladies used Shea Butter. If so where do you purchase it? Do you use it daily? With Heat? When Air drying? On all your hair, or just the ends?... I have heard such good things, but I'n not sure where to get it or how to use it.

Well I mainly use it on my ends about once a week. It really depends on how your hair "reacts" favorably or unfavorably. I gotten mine through my grandmother but nasaab.com sells it. Just to be safe, order small amounts.

pookeylou said:
I just bought some from here:

http://www.agbangakarite.com/Shea-Butter/pure-shea-butter.htm

Nice 1 lb samples of various kinds of shea at a great price.

I also like the shea from www.fromnaturewithlove.com, but it is refined. Unrefined is best.

I use it every day. I twist my hair with it. I no longer use lotion but shea on my skin. My shampoo bar is made primarily of shea butter. It makes my hair incredibly soft.

I cant live without it now.

Thanks! I was looking at from nature with love, but i think i will use the other site actually. are you natural? I'm relaxed. I'm trying to go untill june w/o using any heat, except for conditioning treatments, so I'm wearing alot of twist outs.

I have used shea butter on my hair from the roots to the ends, as well as my scalp when it got dry. I have also used it on the entire length before flat ironing and it worked wonderfully. My hair was very shiny and the shea butter protected it from the heat appliance.

I got mine from www.fromnaturewithlove.com. Though it is refined, I found it to be satisfactory.

Unrefined shea butter is supposedly better than refined... I purchase mine from www.nasabb.com. They have good quality and I believe it is cheaper than fromnaturewithlove...

I used it almost daily in hair... Several times a week on skin...

I use unrefined Shea Butter. I apply it after washing my hair. I purchased 1lb for $5 plus s/h from here http://todieforsoap.com/butters.htm This is a pic of it next to my coffee mug to give an idea how big the container is

90357749.jpg

c_octavia said:
Hi, I was wondering if any of you ladies used Shea Butter. If so where do you purchase it? Do you use it daily? With Heat? When Air drying? On all your hair, or just the ends?... I have heard such good things, but I'n not sure where to get it or how to use it.
yes! i use it in all of those instances :D i get mine from an african food market...its cheap and its pure/unrefined....also, my family brings it for me when they visit the states....

I use shea butter. I would recommend buying it from anyhwere BUT from nature with love. They are expensive and they have terrible customer service. One that I am using and like is Sheamoisture's shea butter. It smells delicious -- like bananas. I think it is refined though. They also have good customer service.

Back