Unrefined Shea Butter Users

Blacktresses

I am looking into purchasing 1 to 3 pounds of shea butter on ebay. What I would like to know from you the characteristics of your unrefined shea butter.

Is the butter hard or soft consistency?
What color is the butter ?
Where did you purchase it from ?
Has anyone purchased any butter from EBay ?
What scent does your unrefined shea butter has ?

Any comment on this product would be appreciated!!!:look:

tinkat

Unrefined Shea Butter is hard compared to refined Shea Butter. I purchased mine from treasuredlocks.com, but there are websites that have them for much cheaper. And my unrefined shea butter does not really have a scent.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I've been using unrefined shea butter for a few years now and I love it! I've seen a lot of different kinds though. I'll answer your questions then:

Mines is a bit softer than other types I've used. It's a bit more solid than Petroleum jelly but you can stick your finger in it and easily scoop it up.

It has a greenish/olive color to it.

www.afrikanrepublic.com --It's the kind from Togo

No

Unlike others I've used before which downright stink, this one smells good (too me) It has a distinctive smell, kinda nutty & sweet. It's definitely the best I've used.

sprungonhairboards

health2go.com

The first time I ordered I ordered from them on ebay and then I began to order direct. They are awesome, cheap, and have different scents they will add for you. You choose.

Sweetyb

You can get the most thorough description of good unrefined shea butter here: Nasabb.com.

longhairgoal

Mine is of a really hard consistency and is almost crumbly before you warm it up a bit.

Mine is white/very lightly cream-colored

We have a local store that sells all natural oils and unrefined butters.

No.

What scent does your unrefined shea butter have?
The shea butter I have doesn't really have a smell.

goldensugar23

My shea butter is hard

my butter is light yellow in color

I purchased my butter in african street fair in brooklyn ny.They were scooping it right out of the pod..or whatever that round brown thing is that it comes from..lol

It has a light strange odor thats hard to explain

NubianQueen

I bought mine from sheabutterman on Ebay. It's a green/grey color and it smells nutty (I guess). Mine is solid, but melts right away in your palm.

hth

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Blacktresses Is the butter hard or soft consistency? [b said:
The consistency is medium-soft. It melts immediately with skin contact. You can press your thumb right into it with no problem. [/b]
What color is the butter ? It is grey, with a yellowish tint.
Where did you purchase it from ? www.nasaab.com
Has anyone purchased any butter from EBay ? Nope, tell me how that goes.
What scent does your unrefined shea butter has ? It has a light, kooky scent in the jar. It doesn't smell like anything in your hair.

dreamgurl

I am looking into purchasing 1 to 3 pounds of shea butter on ebay. What I would like to know from you the characteristics of your unrefined shea butter.

Soft consistency...like real peanut butter

Beige

Crabapple soaps.com

No

Faint nutty scent

How does $3.95 lb sound to you or 5lbs for $19.95? She also sells black soap and black paste to create your own black soap or liquid black soap...Out of all the unrefined shea butters I have tried...this is by far the best in my opinion and the easiest to apply to the skin or hair...HTH :)

Last edited:

LiqueXX

Is the butter hard or soft consistency? Soft

What color is the butter ? Light Brown, kind of a yellowish brown

Where did you purchase it from ? www.Nasabb.com

Has anyone purchased any butter from EBay ? No

What scent does your unrefined shea butter has ? A light scent that is not unattractive (I really cannot describe it)

I really like this shea butter, I use it on my ends all the time.

Dolapo

hard but melts when i rub between my palm. i also mixed mine with a few oils so its a soft buttery consistency now
greenish grey
http://www.todieforsoap.com . it was the cheapest i could find online
i would have bought from ebay because that was the next cheapest
hmm....like smokey, mouldy smell. im not sure

ajargon02

Blacktresses said:

really you will only need 1 lb! It lasts so long, you don't need to use a whole lot either. 3lbs will have you in the 2-3 yr supply! lol

My unrefined shea is soft, and melts in my fingers. If it's hard, it's probably refined, IMHO.

it varies from yellow, to off white, to light grey

several places, but I am pretty happy w/ www.nasabb.com 's quality. I got
1 lb of unrefined. I think from nature w/ love has it too. Bubblinbrownsuger I think uses shea butter too, so you may want to ask her where she gets her's from. You have to be careful of the quality. A lot of vendors have shea butter, some of it is wonderful, others have crap. I don't do refined shea at all. That's usually sold in the BNS stores and sally's in OH. My hair hates it! I traded products w/ someone who had cherry vanilla shea that was bought from a street vendor. It was terrible. My hair hated it, and it left my hair feeling really funky! I don't really know what the heck it was, but I was glad to have gotten rid of it.

nope,just go w/ the vendors I know. I am shy about switching up my routine. If I get something from a comp that really is what I like, I am hard pressed to buy elsewhere.

to me? a very, very light scent of nuts of some sort. I make hair butter w/ my shea, adding in several ingrediants including eo's (essential oils) so if I want my hair to smell like vanilla beans, it will, oranges, it will, chocolate it will. It all just depends on the mood that I am in when I make the butters! I love them, and they work just fine for me. The only product that I buy for twisting is Whipped pudding from oyin, because it's the shizznit!! Otherwise, I make my own.It's cheaper, and I can taylor make it!

no prob, good luck in your search!

Skydancer

At room temperature, more hard than soft. Melts easily.

A deep yellow

Ghana:D Or a local African store.

No, but I've seen a few good deals on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31774&item=5596058724&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=shea&srchdesc=y&sid=8476359&store=Heavenly+Bodies+and+Bath&colorid=-1&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48094&item=8203370923&rd=1
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZheritagecomp

Also check out:
http://phoeberosesoaps.com/main/index.html

Earthy/nutty

Blacktresses

Bump!
Bless and thank you all for your comments. I am desparately looking for shea butter and your comments and reviews have helped me tremendously. Please keep the reviews coming !!!!!!!!!!1

jainygirl

Yup, I get my unrefined shea butter from Todieforsoap.com as well. At $5 per pound it's good quality and a good price.

Dolapo said:
hard but melts when i rub between my palm. i also mixed mine with a few oils so its a soft buttery consistency now
greenish grey
http://www.todieforsoap.com . it was the cheapest i could find online
i would have bought from ebay because that was the next cheapest
hmm....like smokey, mouldy smell. im not sure

lavendarlover

I get mine from a local vendor for 5.50 a lb, and it is kinda yellowy, and mushy, and has a faintly nutty smell. I love it, and I use it as a body moisturizer as well as a hair moisturizer.