Hair butters: which ones do you use and why?

carameldiva

do you use shea butter, avocado butter, mango butter, cocoa butter or any other type? where do purchase it at and what has your hair, scalp or ends benefited from the usuage of these butters?

Mochalolita

I use mango butter, but only after I wash, while my hair is still wet. It seems to trap moisture then, and gives my hair a lot of softness and shine. I don't use it when my hair is dry, though...doesn't seem to work as well then.

Hugs,
Crys

keylargo

to answer your other question, I like to use it when my ends feel dryer then normal. it does a great job with locking in moisture.

NGC

I use all the butters you mention (depending on my mood). I buy mine online from fromnaturewithlove.

As keylargo says, it seems to help lock in moisture and softens my hair.

nchristina

I use unrefined shea butter. One day I would like to try a quality mango butter as well.

Why? It keeps my hair moist.

vickiepickles

All About Me!
Carol's Daughter 100% raw unrefined Shea Butter
I like it because it keeps my hair soft and shiny
I have also used QP Mango Butter on damp hair

TigerLily

I use unrefined shea butter from crababpple soap factory. I love it! It softens my hair and is a very good moisturizer for me. I also use Elasta QP mango butter. It does the same thing that the shea butter does. It keeps my hair a bit more moisturized throughout the day, though. I get it at the local BSS.

Nay

I tried Shea butter, and I didn't really see any benefits to my hair and, plus, I didn't like the smell.

I sometimes use Elasta QP's mango butter if I use my plug-in hot curlers (which isn't very often). It gives my hair a nice shine. I tried it on my wet hair before, and I didn't like it. It made my hair feel kind of mushy. Almost too soft (if there is such a thing).

deedabug

[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
I uses Iris's recipe of shea butter and cocoa butter on the ends of my hair when I put my hair in a baggie.

[/ QUOTE ]

i use the cocoa butter recipe..and i also use shea butter too...i use the cocoa butter mix for slicking my hair back i guess u could say...and it does a good job of weighing my hair down if thats what i want...shea butter for softness

Divastate

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
I use unrefined shea butter from crababpple soap factory. I love it! It softens my hair and is a very good moisturizer for me. I also use Elasta QP mango butter. It does the same thing that the shea butter does. It keeps my hair a bit more moisturized throughout the day, though. I get it at the local BSS.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only shea butter which has ever truely benefitted my hair- softens and moisturizes like nobody's business. I mix it with a little bit of virgin coconut oil for added shine/moisture.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i use elasta qp mango butter
it is one of the band wagons i jumped on
i got it at a BSS in Colorado Springs on vacation
i use it only on my ends

miss_brown

I have Elasta QP Mango Butter, which I really like for slicking back my hair. /images/graemlins/up.gif

I also have avocado and shealoe butter from fromnaturewithlove.com. They're cool, but I don't get nearly the use out of them as I hoped. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I usually mix them with aloe vera gel to slick my edges back or sometimes I mix them with oil and apply to my hair before I twist it.

miracle

I use Elasta QP Mango Butter or my Organics Shea Butter with Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer on my hair at night to keep it soft and moisturized. So far, so good. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

inthepink

I like Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter b/c it has just the right mix of various butters that work well on my hair. I've given up on making my own mixes.

IrisDaVirus

Lately I've been using a combo of shea butter and African Royale Hot 6 Oil. Mostly on my skin after I shave my underarms, but I plan to start using it on my hair once my extension braids are removed.

bee

Kemi-oyl Shea Butter. I just started using this again. I wear braid-outs 90% of the time ("kitchen"issues), and the shea butter has my hair feeling light and fluffy this morning.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I use shea/avocado & mango butters. I mix them with coconut & wheat germ oil when my hair is damp or before I put my hair in twists. I've tried a bunch of butters and these 3 do the best job without tons of buildup or a really greasy feeling afterwards.