Shea butter co-wash

Healthb4Length

Hi ladies! last night I did a co-wash with a product called KARITES with 2% Shea butter, I must say that my hair came out so soft and the comb just glides thru very minimal breakage. Have anyone ever tried this product? After, I used a little shea butter unrefined on my ends, results were great for me. I don't think that I need to use gel pomade on my ends anymore
clap.gif
My mom even complimented me on how soft my hair looked and she never EVER does that. Although I love the shea butter, the smell (nutty) kinda annoys me. My mom got this shea/mango butter and the ingredients are Mango Butter, veg glycerin, shea butter, citric acid, fragrance. Would this be okay to use on my ends? Can some one please post how I can make my own butters again, I am addicted to shea butter now
grin.gif
Your imput would be greatly appreciated.

I'm glad you bought this up, do you know if there are any other conditioners with a higher percentage of shea butter in it? I really wish there was a suave or a vo5 conditioner with shea butter in it that is relatively cheap so I can do CO washes. I love the smell of shea butter (I use a brand called tea tree and it is mixed with cocoa butter.)

Oh, can you do this with cocoa butter also???
confused.gif

maybe you can mix your coco butter in with your suave conditioners, I think someone said that you could boil the shea butter or cocoa butter in a double boiler and melt it to liquid form, not sure though maybe the ladies will post some more suggestions. The Karites was not cheap, I brought the packet at $3 because i wanted to preview the product before I brought the $25 conditioner (16oz)

Back